Model / manufacturer: F510 front mower and F525, F500 Series / John Deere built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
Engine F510 specs: Kawasaki FC420V, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 422 cc, 25.8 ci, 3.50x2.68 inches, 89 x 68 mm, 14 hp, 10.4 kW, Idle RPM 1450-3250, NGK BPR5ES, Champion RN11YC.
Engine specs: Kawasaki FC540V, 534 cc, 32.6 ci, 3.50x3.39 inches, 89 mm x 86 mm, 17 hp, 12.7 kW,
Production year(s): 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
Publication number: TM1475
Serial numbers or parts numbers: all
Manual Language: English
Manual format: PDF / e-book (zip)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Here are some oil change tips for the John Deere F510 lawn mower, as listed in the Technical Manual TM1475:
John Deere F510, F525 Residential Front Mower repair manual
Model / Brand: F510, F525 F500 Series / John Deere (Horicon, Wisconsin, USA)
Engine F510: Kawasaki FC420V, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 422 cc, 25.8
1. Check the oil level before each use. The oil level should be between the "FULL" and "ADD" marks on the dipstick.
2. Use only a high-quality, low-ash, diesel engine oil that meets or exceeds the American Petroleum Institute (API) service classification of CF-4 or higher.
3. Change the oil and oil filter after the first 100 hours of operation, and then every 200 hours or annually, whichever comes first.
4. When changing the oil, be sure to drain the oil from the oil filter housing and the oil pan.
5. Use a new oil filter each time the oil is changed.
6. After changing the oil, run the engine for a few minutes to circulate the oil before checking the oil level again.
7. Always dispose of used oil and filters properly to protect the environment.
8. Keep a record of oil changes and other service performed on your F510 lawn mower to ensure that it is always in good working condition.
9. It is recommended to use John Deere Turf-Gard oil or equivalent that is specifically designed for use in air-cooled engines.
10. Always refer to the operator's manual for specific instructions and maintenance schedule for your specific model of John Deere F510 lawn mower.