To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: 690E LC / Deere & Company.
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1994)
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1995)
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1996)
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1997)
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1998)
John Deere 690E LC (Year: 1999)
Engine: e 6068T, 414cu in, 424lb ft, 130hp, 140hp.
Part number: TM1509
Serial numbers range: from 010001 to 999999.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download Your OEM John Deere Excavator Manual: Get Maintenance Guide for the 690E LC!"
Attention John Deere Excavator owners! If you own a John Deere 690E LC excavator, you know the importance of keeping this powerful machine in top-notch condition for maximum productivity on the job site. In this exclusive guide, we provide you with comprehensive information about the John Deere 690E LC, including engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, and popular modifications. Whether you're a seasoned operator or a new owner, this manual will be your go-to resource to effectively maintain your excavator. Let's dive into the technical details and expert advice to ensure your John Deere 690E LC remains efficient and reliable for every excavation task.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine: John Deere 6068T
• Displacement: 6.8 liters
• Net Power: 159 horsepower (119 kW)
• Operating Weight: 47,970 lbs (21,760 kg)
• Max Digging Depth: 20 feet 10 inches (6,355 mm)
• Max Dump Height: 22 feet 6 inches (6,850 mm)
• Max Reach Along Ground: 31 feet 10 inches (9,700 mm)
• Max Bucket Capacity: 1.77 cubic yards (1.35 cubic meters)
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 95 gallons (360 liters)
• Hydraulic System Fluid Capacity: 42 gallons (160 liters)
• Travel Speed: 3.1 mph (5 km/h) - Low / 4.9 mph (7.9 km/h) - High
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 690E LC is a hydraulic excavator from the 600E series, designed for medium to heavy-duty excavation tasks.
- The excavator is equipped with a powerful John Deere 6068T engine known for its efficiency and reliability.
- The 690E LC features a spacious and comfortable operator cab with excellent visibility, reducing operator fatigue during long hours of operation.
- The machine is designed with robust undercarriage components, providing stability and durability for tough terrains.
- The hydraulic system offers precise and smooth control over the boom, arm, and bucket movements for efficient digging and loading.
- The 690E LC is equipped with an advanced filtration system, ensuring clean hydraulic fluid and extended component life.
- The excavator's swing system allows 360-degree rotation, providing enhanced maneuverability on job sites.
- The John Deere 690E LC has a digging depth of over 20 feet, making it suitable for various excavation applications.
- The machine features high-strength steel in critical areas to withstand heavy workloads and ensure structural integrity.
- The hydraulic quick-coupler system enables quick and easy attachment changes for improved versatility.
- The operator-friendly controls, including joystick operation, make the 690E LC easy to operate and maneuver.
- The excavator's boom and arm have excellent reach and digging force, ensuring efficient material handling.
- The advanced cooling system helps regulate engine temperature, enhancing overall performance and reliability.
- The John Deere 690E LC has a robust hydraulic pump that ensures fast and responsive hydraulic performance.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Engine Oil and Filter Change: Recommended every 250 hours of operation or six months (whichever comes first).
► Fuel Filter Replacement: Replace the fuel filter every 500 hours of operation or as needed.
► Hydraulic Fluid and Filter Change: Replace hydraulic fluid and filters every 1,000 hours of operation or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Air Filter Maintenance: Clean the air filter every 50 hours of operation and replace it every 500 hours or as needed.
► Greasing and Lubrication: Regularly grease all pivot points and bearings to prevent premature wear and ensure smooth operation.
► Battery Maintenance: Check the battery terminals regularly and keep them clean and tight.
► Track Inspection: Regularly inspect the tracks for damage, wear, and proper tension.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Hydraulic System Leaks: Inspect hoses and fittings for leaks and replace damaged components.
* Starting Issues: Check the battery, starter, and wiring for any issues and address them accordingly.
* Overheating: Check coolant levels, hoses, and the radiator for clogs or leaks; clean or replace as needed.
* Slow Operation: Check hydraulic fluid levels and filters; consider adjusting the flow settings if needed.
* Drive Belt Tension: Regularly inspect the drive belt tension and adjust as necessary for smooth operation.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
■ Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and adhere to service intervals.
■ Inspect and clean the air filter regularly to prevent dust and debris from entering the engine.
■ Check hydraulic fluid levels and inspect for leaks to maintain proper performance.
■ Grease all pivot points and bearings according to the maintenance schedule to reduce wear.
■ Keep the operator cab clean and well-maintained for the comfort and safety of the operator.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ High-Flow Hydraulic System: Upgrading to a high-flow hydraulic system can improve attachment performance.
+ Hydraulic Thumb: Adding a hydraulic thumb provides enhanced control and grip while handling materials.
+ Cab Comfort Upgrades: Installing soundproofing materials and insulation can reduce noise levels and improve operator comfort.
+ LED Work Lights: Upgrading to LED work lights enhances visibility during nighttime operations.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Buckets: General Purpose, Heavy-Duty, Grapple, Clean-up, Trenching
♦ Hydraulic Hammers
♦ Demolition Tools: Concrete Crushers, Shears, Pulverizers
♦ Augers and Auger Bits
♦ Rippers and Scarifiers
♦ Hydraulic Thumb
♦ Hydraulic Couplers
♦ Rakes and Rippers
♦ Hydraulic Grapples
Owner Reviews - Strengths and Weaknesses:
☺ Powerful engine and hydraulics for efficient excavation tasks
☺ Spacious and comfortable operator cab with excellent visibility
☺ Durable construction and robust undercarriage for tough job sites
☺ Easy-to-use controls, providing precise and smooth operation
☺ Versatility with various attachments for multiple applications
☻ Some owners may experience issues with hydraulic leaks
☻ High initial cost compared to smaller excavators
☻ Limited availability of certain attachments in some regions
The John Deere 690E LC excavator is a powerful and versatile machine designed to excel in medium to heavy-duty excavation projects. Its robust build, advanced hydraulics, and operator-friendly features make it a reliable and efficient choice for various applications. Regular maintenance and timely repairs are crucial to keeping the 690E LC in excellent condition and ensuring its longevity. By following the maintenance tips and considering popular modifications, operators can optimize the performance and productivity of their John Deere 690E LC excavator for years to come.
Most Frequently Needed Repairs and Parts That Often Break:
→ Hydraulic Hose Leaks: Frequent use can cause hydraulic hoses to develop leaks or wear out.
→ Starter Motor: The starter motor may wear out after several years of use and need replacement.
→ Fuel Injectors: Over time, fuel injectors may become clogged or faulty and require cleaning or replacement.
→ Water Pump: The water pump may develop leaks or fail, leading to engine overheating.
→ Alternator: The alternator can wear out over time and may need replacement to charge the battery properly.
→ Drive Belts: Worn or damaged drive belts can lead to power transmission issues and may need replacement.
→ Track Tension: Proper track tension is essential to avoid premature wear and ensure optimal performance.
→ Idler Wheels and Rollers: Worn idler wheels and rollers can impact track alignment and longevity.
→ Filters: Regularly replacing filters (air, fuel, hydraulic) helps maintain system cleanliness and performance.
→ Radiator: The radiator can get clogged with debris, affecting cooling efficiency and requiring cleaning.
Buy the detailed John Deere 690E LC excavator shop handbook/maintenance guidelines in PDF format by clicking the green button. After completing your payment, the original John Deere shop manual and parts catalog download link will be provided on the checkout page, and we will immediately send you the payment confirmation via email.