To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: 300D, 310D, 315D / John Deere
John Deere 300D Backhoe Loader
John Deere 310D Backhoe Loader
John Deere 315D Backhoe Loader
John Deere 300D: from 778198 to 799999
John Deere 310D: from 788086 to 925706
John Deere 315D: from 791682 to 925706
Engine details 300D: 4039D, 239 cu in, 4 cylinders, 63 hp (47 kw), 172 lbs/ft, 60 hp (45 kw), 2200 rpm.
Engine details 310D: John Deere 4039D, diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 239 ci, 3.9 L, 4.19x4.33 inches, 106 x 110 mm, 70 hp, 52.2 kW, 192 lb-ft, 260.4 Nm.
Engine details 315D: diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, ... see above.
Production year(s): 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
Publication number: TM1497
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the OEM Manual to Buy and Maintain Your John Deere 300D, 310D, 315D Backhoe Loaders"
If you own a John Deere 300D, 310D, or 315D backhoe loader, you understand the importance of having the right information to keep your machine running smoothly. From engine specifications to maintenance tips and troubleshooting advice, this comprehensive guide provides everything you need. Whether you're a construction professional or a homeowner tackling various projects, the John Deere backhoe loaders offer versatility, power, and reliability. Get ready to explore the technical data, maintenance intervals, common issues, and more to ensure your John Deere backhoe loader remains in excellent condition.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The John Deere 300D backhoe loader is equipped with a 4-cylinder John Deere engine.
• The engine displacement of the John Deere 300D is 4.5 liters (276 cubic inches).
• It has a net power output of approximately 82 horsepower.
• The John Deere 310D backhoe loader features a 4-cylinder John Deere engine.
• The engine displacement of the John Deere 310D is 4.5 liters (276 cubic inches).
• It delivers a net power output of around 83 horsepower.
• The John Deere 315D backhoe loader is powered by a 4-cylinder John Deere engine.
• The engine displacement of the John Deere 315D is 4.5 liters (276 cubic inches).
• It has a net power output of approximately 92 horsepower.
• All models utilize a direct injection fuel system for efficient combustion.
• They feature a mechanical governor for precise engine speed control.
• The backhoe loaders come with a liquid cooling system for optimal engine temperature management.
• The hydraulic system provides a digging depth of up to 4.6 meters (15 feet) and a maximum loader lift capacity of up to 2.1 tons (4,630 lbs).
• They feature a powershift transmission with 4 forward and 4 reverse gears.
• The backhoe loaders have a maximum travel speed of approximately 32 km/h (20 mph).
• They utilize a rear-wheel drive system for enhanced traction on various terrains.
• The fuel tank capacity ranges from 127 to 132 liters (34 to 35 gallons) depending on the model.
• The operating weight varies from 7,400 to 7,600 kg (16,314 to 16,755 lbs) depending on the model.
• The overall length of the backhoe loaders ranges from 6.9 to 7.6 meters (22.8 to 25 feet) depending on the model.
• The turning radius varies from 4.7 to 5.9 meters (15.5 to 19.3 feet) depending on the model.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere backhoe loaders are versatile machines that can handle various tasks, including digging, loading, trenching, and material handling.
- They are known for their durability, reliability, and long service life.
- The backhoe loaders offer excellent visibility from the operator's station, enhancing safety and productivity.
- They come with a comfortable operator's seat and ergonomically designed controls for ease of use.
- The backhoe loaders feature a quick-attach system for easy attachment changes, allowing for efficient utilization of different implements.
- They are equipped with a four-wheel drive system for improved traction and maneuverability.
- The backhoe loaders utilize heavy-duty axles and robust drivetrain components for superior performance in tough conditions.
- They feature a ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) and FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) for operator safety.
- The backhoe loaders offer hydraulic stabilizers for enhanced stability during digging operations.
- They come with a spacious backhoe and loader bucket for efficient material handling.
- The backhoe loaders have a reliable braking system, providing controlled stopping power.
- They are equipped with high-capacity fuel tanks for extended operating hours.
- The backhoe loaders feature a comprehensive instrument panel for monitoring vital machine functions and diagnostics.
- They offer a range of optional features such as air conditioning, auxiliary hydraulics, and additional lighting packages.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for oil changes, filter replacements, and routine inspections.
► Regularly check and maintain proper fluid levels, including engine oil, coolant, hydraulic fluid, and brake fluid.
► Keep the air filter clean and replace it as necessary to ensure optimal engine performance.
► Grease all lubrication points according to the recommended intervals to prevent excessive wear.
► Inspect tires for proper inflation, tread wear, and any signs of damage.
► Common issues may include hydraulic leaks, electrical problems, and worn-out wear parts. Regularly inspect hydraulic hoses, connectors, and electrical connections for signs of wear, damage, or leaks. Replace worn-out wear parts such as bucket teeth or cutting edges as needed.
Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Follow the recommended maintenance schedule provided by John Deere.
2. Keep the backhoe loader clean and free of debris to prevent clogs and damage.
3. Regularly inspect and replace worn or damaged hydraulic hoses, connectors, and seals.
4. Check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal traction and stability.
5. Store the backhoe loader in a dry and sheltered location when not in use to protect it from the elements.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Upgrading to heavy-duty or reinforced bucket teeth for increased durability and digging performance.
■ Installing auxiliary lighting for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
■ Adding a hydraulic thumb attachment for enhanced material handling capabilities.
■ Upgrading the seat for improved operator comfort during long hours of operation.
■ Installing a rearview camera or sensor system for increased safety and maneuverability.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Various sizes and types of buckets for different digging and loading applications.
+ Hydraulic hammers for breaking concrete or rock.
+ Augers for drilling holes.
+ Grapples for handling logs or debris.
+ Trenchers for digging trenches.
+ Forks for pallet handling and material placement.
+ Snowplows or snowblowers for winter maintenance.
+ Vibratory plate compactors for soil compaction.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and durable construction for long-lasting performance in demanding conditions.
☺ Versatile capabilities, allowing for efficient completion of various tasks.
☺ Comfortable and user-friendly operator's station for enhanced productivity.
☺ Good fuel efficiency, resulting in cost-effective operation.
☺ Availability of attachments and implements for expanded functionality.
☻ Limited visibility in certain operating conditions, requiring additional caution.
☻ Lower ground clearance compared to dedicated excavators for some applications.
☻ Complex hydraulic systems may require specialized maintenance and troubleshooting.
The John Deere 300D, 310D, and 315D backhoe loaders are reliable and versatile machines that excel in various construction and landscaping tasks. With their powerful engines, comfortable operator's stations, and durable construction, they offer efficiency and productivity on the job site. By following proper maintenance procedures, addressing common issues promptly, and utilizing compatible accessories and attachments, you can maximize the performance and longevity of your John Deere backhoe loader. Experience the capabilities and reliability of these machines as they help you tackle your projects with ease.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Hydraulic hose replacements.
→ Wear part replacements (bucket teeth, cutting edges, etc.).
→ Electrical system repairs (wiring, connectors, etc.).
→ Hydraulic cylinder repairs or seal replacements.
→ Brake system maintenance and repairs.
→ Engine-related repairs (fuel system, cooling system, etc.).
→ Tire replacements.
→ Starter motor repairs or replacements.
→ Alternator repairs or replacements.
→ Steering component maintenance and repairs.
Get the PDF manual for your backhoe loader by clicking the green button below. Click on the green button below to get the downloadable PDF manual for your backhoe loader. To obtain the detailed shop handbook for your backhoe loader, simply click the green button to initiate the download. Once your payment is complete, the download link for the original backhoe loaders shop manual/parts list will be provided on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.