To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX / Yamaha Motor Company
Production/model years: 2008, 2009, 2010
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Snowmobile Repair Made Easy: Purchase the Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX PDF Manual for Expert Maintenance"
Are you a proud owner of the 2008-2010 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles? Whether you're a seasoned rider or a new enthusiast, it's crucial to have comprehensive knowledge about the engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, and available accessories for your snowmobiles. In this article, we will delve into the technical details, maintenance advice, owner reviews, common repairs, and more, to ensure you have all the information you need to keep your Yamaha snowmobile running smoothly.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2008-2010 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX models are equipped with a powerful 4-stroke engine.
• The engine displacement of these snowmobiles is 1049cc, providing ample power for thrilling rides.
• The fuel delivery system consists of three 41mm Mikuni fuel injectors for efficient and precise fuel combustion.
• The engines feature liquid cooling with a large-capacity radiator to prevent overheating during extended rides.
• The compression ratio for these models is 11.0:1, ensuring optimal engine performance.
• A digital TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition) system provides reliable spark timing and precise ignition control.
• The Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles boast an electric starting system for quick and effortless starts.
• These models are equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) system for smooth power delivery.
• The track length for the MTX SE 162 model is 162 inches, while the MTXSE 153 features a track length of 153 inches.
• The overall width of these snowmobiles is approximately 48 inches, ensuring stability and maneuverability on various terrains.
• The fuel tank capacity is 10.6 gallons, allowing for extended rides without frequent refueling.
• The front suspension system comprises double wishbones with FOX FLOAT 2 shocks, providing excellent handling and comfort.
• The rear suspension features a Dual Shock CK 144 system with FOX FLOAT 2 shocks for optimal performance on rough terrain.
• These models come with a reliable hydraulic disc braking system for efficient stopping power.
• The ski stance width for these snowmobiles is 42 inches, offering stability and precise steering control.
• The dry weight of the Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX ranges from approximately 590 to 630 pounds.
• The clutch system utilizes a Yamaha YVXC primary clutch and a cam-operated driven clutch for smooth engagement and reliable performance.
• The handlebar-mounted controls provide convenient access to the throttle, brake, and various settings.
• The top speed of these snowmobiles is around 85-90 mph, depending on the model and conditions.
• The exhaust system features a lightweight design with a tuned muffler for optimal performance and reduced noise.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles were designed to deliver exceptional performance and versatility in various riding conditions.
- These models feature Yamaha's advanced Deltabox chassis, known for its strength, rigidity, and precise handling.
- The FX Nytro XTX variant is built for cross-country adventures, combining comfort and performance with its long track and ergonomic design.
- The RTX and RTXSE models are focused on aggressive trail riding, offering responsive acceleration and excellent maneuverability.
- The MTX SE 162 and MTXSE 153 versions are specifically designed for mountain riding, providing the necessary traction and stability on challenging terrains.
- These snowmobiles boast Yamaha's industry-leading Electric Power Steering (EPS) system, ensuring effortless handling and reduced rider fatigue.
- The FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles feature ample storage space, allowing riders to carry essential gear and accessories.
- Yamaha's advanced fuel injection system optimizes fuel efficiency, reducing emissions and promoting cleaner running engines.
- These models come with a comfortable, two-up seat configuration, allowing riders to bring a passenger along for the adventure.
- The FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles offer a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to their advanced suspension systems and ergonomically designed seats.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for these snowmobiles include oil changes every 1,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first.
► It is recommended to inspect and clean the air filter every 500 miles or sooner if riding in dusty conditions.
► Grease the suspension components, drivetrain, and pivot points every 1,000 miles or at the beginning of the season.
► Check and adjust the track tension regularly to ensure optimal performance and prevent premature wear.
► Keep an eye on the coolant level and condition, topping up or replacing as needed.
► Check the brake pads for wear and replace them if necessary.
► Lubricate the throttle and brake cables to maintain smooth operation.
► It is important to store the snowmobile properly during the offseason, including treating the fuel and storing in a dry, cool location.
► Common issues with these snowmobiles may include fuel injector clogging, which can be resolved by cleaning or replacing the injectors.
► Some riders have reported issues with the starter motor, which may require inspection, cleaning, or replacement.
► Electrical problems, such as faulty wiring connections, can occasionally occur and should be addressed promptly by a qualified technician.
► It is essential to regularly check the drive belt for wear and replace it if signs of damage or deterioration are present.
► If experiencing poor performance or excessive smoke, the exhaust system should be inspected for blockages or leaks.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading to a high-performance exhaust system can improve power output and enhance the overall riding experience.
* Installing a fuel controller or reprogramming the ECU (Engine Control Unit) can optimize fuel delivery and performance.
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks and springs, can enhance ride comfort and handling in various terrains.
* Adding a lightweight aftermarket hood and body panels can reduce weight and improve aerodynamics.
* Installing a clutch kit specifically designed for performance can improve acceleration and throttle response.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
+ Yamaha offers a range of accessories for these snowmobiles, including heated grips, windshields, cargo racks, and auxiliary lighting.
+ Aftermarket companies provide options for custom graphics and decals, allowing riders to personalize the appearance of their snowmobiles.
+ Snowmobile gear manufacturers offer specialized clothing, helmets, and boots designed for optimal comfort and protection in cold weather riding.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Owners praise the Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX models for their exceptional power and handling capabilities.
Many riders appreciate the reliability and durability of these snowmobiles, especially when subjected to demanding riding conditions.
The comfortable seating and ample storage space are frequently mentioned as positive features for long-distance rides.
Some riders express satisfaction with the fuel efficiency of these models, enabling them to enjoy longer rides without frequent refueling.
A few owners have reported minor issues with the electrical system, but overall, the reliability of these snowmobiles is highly regarded.
The Yamaha FX Nytro XTX, RTX, RTXSE, MTX SE 162, MTXSE 153, MTX snowmobiles receive positive feedback for their exceptional suspension systems, providing a smooth and controlled ride in various terrains.
Repairs Frequently Needed and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Belt replacement is a common repair that snowmobile owners may need to perform regularly due to wear and tear.
→ Suspension components, such as shocks and bushings, may require maintenance or replacement over time, particularly for riders who frequently encounter rough terrains.
→ Spark plug replacement is a routine maintenance task that should be carried out according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
→ The starter motor is a part that can occasionally fail and may need to be repaired or replaced.
→ The drive clutch and driven clutch are critical components that can experience wear and may require repair or replacement.
→ In some cases, snowmobiles may experience track damage, requiring track replacement or repair.
→ The exhaust system, including the muffler and header pipe, can occasionally break due to impacts or corrosion and may need to be replaced.
→ Electrical components, such as wiring harnesses and connectors, can become damaged over time and may need repair or replacement.
→ The throttle and brake cables may require adjustment or replacement if they become worn or damaged.
→ The skis and carbides can wear down with use and may need to be replaced for optimal handling and steering.
Click the download button to access the comprehensive shop handbook for Yamaha snowmobiles. Once the payment is complete, your official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be available on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment and download information.