To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: SXF, EXC-F, EXC-F SIX DAYS, XCF-W, XC-F, SXS-F / KTM AG
2005 KTM 250 SXF
2005 KTM 250 EXC-F
2005 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2005 KTM 250 XCF-W
2005 KTM 250 XC-F
2005 KTM 250 SXS-F
2006 KTM 250 SXF
2006 KTM 250 EXC-F
2006 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2006 KTM 250 XCF-W
2006 KTM 250 XC-F
2006 KTM 250 SXS-F
2007 KTM 250 SXF
2007 KTM 250 EXC-F
2007 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2007 KTM 250 XCF-W
2007 KTM 250 XC-F
2007 KTM 250 SXS-F
2008 KTM 250 SXF
2008 KTM 250 EXC-F
2008 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2008 KTM 250 XCF-W
2008 KTM 250 XC-F
2008 KTM 250 SXS-F
2009 KTM 250 SXF
2009 KTM 250 EXC-F
2009 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2009 KTM 250 XCF-W
2009 KTM 250 XC-F
2009 KTM 250 SXS-F
2010 KTM 250 SXF
2010 KTM 250 EXC-F
2010 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS
2010 KTM 250 XCF-W
2010 KTM 250 XC-F
2010 KTM 250 SXS-F
Production/model years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revamp Your Motocross Bike: Download the KTM Shop Repair PDF for a Complete Overhaul!"
Are you looking to give your 2005-2010 KTM motocross bike a well-deserved overhaul? Look no further! Introducing the KTM Shop Repair PDF, a comprehensive guide that provides all the necessary information to revamp and repair your motocross bike. Whether you own the KTM 250 SXF, EXC-F, EXC-F SIX DAYS, XCF-W, XC-F, or SXS-F, this guide has got you covered. With detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning tips, available accessories, and owner reviews, this guide is a must-have for any KTM motocross bike enthusiast. Read on to discover everything you need to know about maintaining and repairing these powerful off-road machines.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2005-2010 KTM motocross bikes are powered by liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engines designed for optimal performance in off-road conditions.
• Engine Displacement: The 250 SXF, EXC-F, XCF-W, XC-F, and SXS-F models have a displacement of approximately 250 cc.
• Power Output: Varies depending on the specific model and year, ranging from approximately 35 horsepower to 50 horsepower.
• Fuel System: Electronic fuel injection (EFI) for precise fuel delivery and improved throttle response.
• Ignition System: Digital CDI ignition for reliable starting and smooth operation.
• Cooling System: Liquid-cooled with a front-mounted radiator and electric fan for effective heat dissipation.
• Drive System: Chain drive for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• Transmission: 6-speed manual transmission for quick and precise gear shifts.
• Front Suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping.
• Rear Suspension: Progressive Damping System (PDS) rear shock absorber with adjustable preload and rebound damping.
• Front Brake: Hydraulic disc brake with a single-piston caliper for reliable stopping power.
• Rear Brake: Hydraulic disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
• Front Tire Size: Varies based on the specific model, ranging from approximately 80/100-21 to 90/90-21.
• Rear Tire Size: Varies based on the specific model, ranging from approximately 100/90-19 to 120/100-18.
• Wheelbase: Approximately 1,475 mm.
• Seat Height: Varies based on the specific model and adjustment, ranging from approximately 950 mm to 990 mm.
• Fuel Capacity: Varies based on the specific model, ranging from approximately 7 liters to 9 liters.
• Dry Weight: Varies based on the specific model, ranging from approximately 100 kg to 110 kg.
Facts and Details:
- The KTM 250 SXF, EXC-F, EXC-F SIX DAYS, XCF-W, XC-F, and SXS-F models are designed for off-road enthusiasts who seek power, agility, and durability.
- These bikes feature lightweight frames and robust suspension systems to tackle various terrains and obstacles with ease.
- KTM's commitment to performance is evident in the powerful engines that deliver exceptional torque and acceleration.
- The motocross bikes are equipped with high-quality components, such as Brembo brakes and WP suspension, for enhanced handling and control.
- The 250 SXF is designed specifically for motocross racing, with a focus on lightweight construction and high-revving power.
- The EXC-F models are built for enduro and trail riding, offering a balance between power and durability for extended off-road adventures.
- The EXC-F SIX DAYS edition celebrates KTM's success in the International Six Days Enduro, featuring special graphics and additional performance enhancements.
- The XCF-W models prioritize off-road versatility, combining motocross-like power with trail-friendly features like electric start and a wide-ratio transmission.
- The XC-F models strike a balance between motocross and enduro capabilities, offering agility and performance for various off-road disciplines.
- The SXS-F model is designed for young riders and features a compact frame, adjustable suspension, and safety features to build confidence.
- These bikes are known for their excellent power-to-weight ratio, allowing riders to navigate technical terrain with precision and confidence.
- KTM motocross bikes are often praised for their durability and reliability, with many riders reporting minimal mechanical issues during regular use.
- The bikes' modern and aggressive designs add to their visual appeal, reflecting KTM's racing heritage and commitment to performance.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for routine tasks such as oil changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and valve clearance adjustments.
► Clean and lubricate the chain regularly to maintain proper tension and reduce wear. Replace the chain if it becomes excessively worn.
► Check and adjust the suspension settings according to your riding preferences and the terrain you will be riding on.
► Inspect the brakes regularly and replace the brake pads as needed to ensure optimal braking performance.
► Keep an eye on the tire condition and pressure. Replace worn or damaged tires and maintain proper tire pressure for safe and efficient riding.
► Clean the bike thoroughly after each ride, paying attention to areas prone to mud and debris accumulation.
► Regularly inspect the electrical connections and wiring for any signs of damage or loose connections. Repair or replace as necessary.
► Ensure the air filter is clean and free from debris to maintain proper airflow to the engine. Clean or replace the air filter regularly.
Common Issues and Their Solutions:
* Overheating: Ensure the radiator is clean and free from debris. Check the coolant levels and replace if necessary. Avoid prolonged idling or riding in extreme heat conditions.
* Starting Issues: Check the battery for proper voltage and connections. If the battery is weak, consider replacing it. Check the spark plug for signs of wear or fouling.
* Suspension Leak: Inspect the suspension components for signs of oil leaks. If a leak is detected, have the suspension serviced by a qualified technician.
* Carburetor/Fuel Injection Issues: Keep the carburetor or fuel injection system clean and well-maintained. Regularly check and clean the jets, replace fuel filters, and ensure proper fuel pressure.
* Chain and Sprocket Wear: Regularly check the chain tension and sprocket condition. Replace worn-out sprockets and chains to maintain proper power transfer.
* Electrical System Problems: Inspect the wiring and electrical connections for any signs of damage or corrosion. Replace faulty components and ensure proper grounding.
* Fork Seal Leaks: Check the fork seals for any signs of oil leakage. If a leak is detected, have the seals replaced by a qualified technician.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Upgrading the exhaust system for improved power delivery and a more aggressive sound.
■ Installing aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable rear shocks or fork springs, for enhanced handling and customization.
■ Upgrading the air filter to a high-flow aftermarket filter for increased airflow and improved engine performance.
■ Installing an aftermarket fuel mapping module or remapping the ECU for optimized fuel and ignition mapping.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
+ Aftermarket exhaust systems and mufflers for improved performance and sound.
+ Skid plates and frame guards for enhanced protection against rocks and debris.
+ Handguards and handlebar grips for added comfort and control.
+ Seat covers and foam inserts for improved rider comfort during long rides.
+ Graphics kits and decals for personalized styling.
+ Performance air filters and intake systems for increased airflow.
+ Oversized fuel tanks for extended riding range.
+ Footpegs with wider platforms for improved grip and control.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Powerful engines, excellent handling, durability, and reliability.
☻ Weaknesses: Some riders may find the suspension setup too firm for certain riding conditions.
Repairs That Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts That Often Break:
→ Regular oil and filter changes.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements.
→ Brake pad replacements.
→ Fork seal replacements.
→ Air filter cleanings or replacements.
→ Spark plug replacements.
→ Tire replacements or puncture repairs.
→ Suspension component maintenance and service.
Enhance your riding experience with the comprehensive maintenance guidelines for your KTM motocross bike. Click the green button to download the detailed shop handbook. Take your motocross bike to the next level with the complete maintenance guidelines for your KTM. Download the detailed shop manual by clicking the green button below.
Once your payment is complete, you will find the download link for the official KTM OEM shop manual/parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.