To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: 250 SX-F, EXC-F.EXC-F SIX DAYS, XCF-W, XC-F, SXS-F / KTM AG
2005 KTM 250 SX-F
2005 KTM 250 EXC-F
2006 KTM 250 SX-F
2006 KTM 250 EXC-F
2007 KTM 250 SX-F
2007 KTM 250 EXC-F
2007 KTM 250 EXC-F Six Days
2008 KTM 250 SX-F
2008 KTM 250 EXC-F
2008 KTM 250 EXC-F Six Days
2009 KTM 250 SX-F
2009 KTM 250 EXC-F
2009 KTM 250 EXC-F Six Days
2010 KTM 250 SX-F
2010 KTM 250 EXC-F
2010 KTM 250 EXC-F Six Days
2010 KTM 250 XCF-W
2010 KTM 250 XC-F
2010 KTM 250 SXS-F (Limited Edition)
Production/model years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Your OEM KTM 250 SX-F, EXC-F, XCF-W, XC-F, SXS-F Manual Download Now!"
Are you a proud owner of a 2005-2010 KTM 250 SX-F, EXC-F, EXC-F Six Days, XCF-W, XC-F, or SXS-F? Look no further! We've compiled a comprehensive guide to help you better understand your bike's engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning modifications, compatible accessories, and more. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a newcomer to the world of KTM motorcycles, this information will keep your bike running at its best, unleashing its true potential for a thrilling riding experience.
Engine Specifications / Technical Data:
• Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, 4-Stroke
• Displacement: 249cc
• Bore x Stroke: 76 x 54.8mm
• Compression Ratio: 13.8:1
• Fuel System: Keihin MX FCR 39
• Ignition: Kokusan digital
• Cooling: Liquid-cooled
• Transmission: 5-speed, constant mesh
• Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc, Magura Hydraulics
• Primary Drive: 24:73
• Final Drive: 14:50
• Frame: Chromium-Molybdenum Steel
• Front Suspension: WP USD, 48mm
• Rear Suspension: WP PDS Shock
• Front Brake: Disc, 260mm
• Rear Brake: Disc, 220mm
• Front Tire: 80/100-21
• Rear Tire: 100/90-19
• Wheelbase: 58.4 inches (1483mm)
• Ground Clearance: 15.2 inches (386mm)
• Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gallons (8 liters)
• Dry Weight: 220.5 pounds (100 kg)
• Maximum Power: Approximately 35hp
• Maximum Torque: Approximately 28.5 lb-ft (38.7Nm) at 8000 RPM
• Top Speed: Varies based on gear ratios and modifications
Facts and Details:
- The 250 SX-F is known for its excellent power-to-weight ratio, making it a favorite in motocross competitions.
- The EXC-F and EXC-F Six Days models are built for enduro riding, offering a good balance of power and durability.
- The XCF-W is designed for off-road enthusiasts who seek versatility and comfort on various terrains.
- The XC-F is a cross-country racing model with responsive handling and powerful acceleration.
- The SXS-F is a limited-edition model featuring high-performance upgrades from the factory.
- Regular maintenance is crucial to keep these bikes performing at their best and to extend their lifespan.
- Proper jetting of the carburetor or tuning of the fuel injection system can significantly improve overall performance.
- Suspension setup should be adjusted according to the rider's weight and riding style for optimal handling.
- Regularly inspecting the air filter and cleaning it is essential to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
- Upgrading the exhaust system can improve power delivery and enhance the bike's overall sound and appearance.
- The use of high-quality synthetic oil is recommended for the engine to ensure optimal lubrication and cooling.
- Keep an eye on the chain tension and sprocket wear, as these components require regular adjustments and replacement.
- Thoroughly clean and lubricate the chain after each ride to prevent premature wear and maintain smooth power transfer.
- Check the brake pads regularly and replace them when worn to ensure safe and efficient braking performance.
- When riding in muddy or wet conditions, protect the bike's electrical components to prevent damage and ensure reliable operation.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Stick to the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule to ensure timely checks and replacements.
2. Keep the air filter clean and replace it if damaged or excessively dirty to prevent engine damage.
3. Regularly inspect and tighten all bolts and fasteners to avoid parts loosening during rides.
4. Maintain proper tire pressure to optimize traction, handling, and tire lifespan.
5. Store the bike in a cool, dry place when not in use and use a motorcycle cover to protect it from dust and debris.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
► Install a performance exhaust system for increased power and a better exhaust note.
► Upgrade the air intake system for improved airflow and engine efficiency.
► Replace the stock sprockets with different gearing ratios to suit your riding style.
► Install a high-performance suspension kit for better handling and adjustability.
► Consider remapping the ECU or using a fuel controller for more precise fueling.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Aftermarket exhaust systems
+ Performance air filters
+ Handlebar grips
+ Skid plates and engine guards
+ Radiator guards
+ Seat covers
+ Graphics kits
+ Suspension components (fork springs, shock absorbers)
+ LED lights and auxiliary lighting
+ GPS mounts and navigation systems
+ Heated grips
+ High-capacity fuel tanks
+ Cooling system upgrades
+ Steering dampers
Owner Reviews - Strengths and Weaknesses:
☺ Strong power delivery and excellent acceleration
☺ Lightweight and agile handling
☺ Well-balanced suspension for various terrains
☺ Durable build and quality components
☺ Versatile for both motocross and off-road riding
☻ Frequent maintenance required for optimal performance
☻Stock exhaust system may feel restrictive
☻Limited fuel capacity for long rides
☻Aggressive power delivery may be challenging for beginners
☻OEM tires might not be suitable for all terrains
The 2005-2010 KTM 250 SX-F, EXC-F, EXC-F Six Days, XCF-W, XC-F, and SXS-F models are renowned for their powerful performance and versatility, catering to motocross, enduro, and cross-country enthusiasts alike. Proper maintenance, regular checks, and occasional modifications can enhance their already impressive capabilities, ensuring an exhilarating and trouble-free riding experience. From engine specifications to tuning tips, this guide equips you with the knowledge needed to get the most out of your KTM bike. Keep these tips in mind, and you'll be well on your way to becoming a proud and satisfied KTM owner!
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Air filter replacement and cleaning
→ Chain and sprocket replacements
→ Brake pads replacement
→ Suspension adjustments and fork seals maintenance
→ Clutch cable and hydraulic clutch maintenance
→ Exhaust pipe or muffler repair or replacement
→ Electrical issues like faulty wiring or connectors
Obtain your KTM 250 SX-F, EXC-F, XCF-W, XC-F, SXS-F detailed shop handbook/maintenance guidelines by purchasing the downloadable PDF manual now! Upon completing the payment, you will receive a download link for the original KTM shop manual and parts catalog. Additionally, we will promptly send you a confirmation of payment via email.