The listed models are covered in the manual: V Star 250, XV250 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
Yamaha V Star 250
Yamaha Virago 250
Production/model years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Engine: 249 cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 60-degree V-twin
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Unlock the Ultimate Riding Experience with the Downloadable Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, Virago 250 Manual"
Discover the thrill of the open road with our comprehensive and detailed manual for the 2008-2013 Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 models. Whether you're a beginner rider or an experienced enthusiast, this downloadable manual is your ultimate guide to understanding and maintaining these iconic Yamaha bikes. From engine specs and technical specifications to maintenance tips and common issues, we've got you covered. Unleash the full potential of your Yamaha motorcycle and embark on unforgettable adventures with confidence.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 are equipped with a 249cc air-cooled, SOHC, 60-degree V-twin engine.
• The engine features a bore and stroke of 49mm x 66mm, delivering a smooth and balanced power output.
• It utilizes a single 26mm Mikuni carburetor for efficient fuel delivery and optimal performance.
• The bikes employ an electric starter system for convenient and hassle-free ignition.
• The engine is mated to a five-speed constant mesh transmission, allowing for smooth gear shifting.
• They feature a wet, multi-plate clutch for reliable power transfer and smooth engagement.
• The motorcycles have a compression ratio of 10.0:1, providing a good balance between power and fuel efficiency.
• They come with a chain drive system, ensuring efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 have a telescopic front fork suspension, offering a comfortable ride and precise handling.
• At the rear, they feature a dual-shock suspension with adjustable preload to accommodate varying rider preferences.
• The bikes are equipped with a front hydraulic disc brake and a rear drum brake for reliable stopping power.
• They have a fuel tank capacity of approximately 2.5 gallons, allowing for decent riding range.
• The motorcycles feature a low seat height, ranging from around 27 to 28 inches, providing an accessible riding position for riders of all sizes.
• They offer a wheelbase of approximately 58 inches, ensuring stability and smooth handling.
• The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 weigh approximately 326 to 331 pounds, making them lightweight and easy to maneuver.
• They come with a 18-inch front wheel and a 15-inch rear wheel, offering a balance of stability and agility.
• The bikes feature a traditional cruiser-style design with a low and elongated profile, exuding classic appeal.
• They are equipped with a single exhaust system, producing a deep and resonant tone.
• The motorcycles come with a comprehensive instrument cluster, displaying essential information such as speed, odometer, and fuel level.
• They have a maximum power output of approximately 21 horsepower, delivering sufficient performance for urban commuting and leisure rides.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 are highly regarded as entry-level cruisers, perfect for riders looking for style, ease of use, and affordability.
- Despite their compact size, these bikes offer a comfortable riding position, allowing for extended rides without fatigue.
- The motorcycles are known for their excellent fuel efficiency, making them ideal choices for daily commuting and long-distance cruising.
- Yamaha's attention to detail is evident in the fit and finish of these bikes, with quality components and sleek aesthetics.
- The V-twin engine configuration provides a distinct and satisfying exhaust note, contributing to the overall riding experience.
- These models feature low maintenance requirements, making them suitable for riders who prefer hassle-free ownership.
- The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 offer nimble handling, making them easy to maneuver in urban environments and tight spaces.
- They are well-balanced bikes, providing stability and confidence-inspiring control for riders of all skill levels.
- The motorcycles have a strong and supportive community of owners and enthusiasts, offering a sense of camaraderie and shared experiences.
- These bikes are popular choices for customization and personalization, with a wide range of aftermarket parts and accessories available.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
- To keep your Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 in optimal condition, follow these maintenance intervals and tips:
- Change the engine oil and oil filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Regularly clean and lubricate the drive chain, adjusting the tension as necessary.
- Inspect and replace the air filter if dirty or clogged to ensure proper airflow to the engine.
- Check and maintain the tire pressure according to the manufacturer's specifications for safe and efficient riding.
- Inspect the brake pads and discs for wear, replacing them if necessary.
- Keep an eye on the coolant level and regularly check for leaks in the cooling system.
- Ensure all lights and indicators are functioning properly, replacing any burnt-out bulbs.
- Periodically inspect the battery for corrosion and maintain a proper charge.
- Lubricate control cables, such as throttle and clutch cables, to ensure smooth operation.
- Check and adjust the valve clearances at recommended intervals to maintain optimal engine performance.
- Clean and lubricate the clutch lever and throttle cables for smooth operation.
- Store the bike in a dry and secure location when not in use, protecting it from harsh weather conditions.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Issue: Difficulties starting the bike or weak battery.
Solution: Check the battery charge level and connections. Charge or replace the battery if necessary. Ensure all electrical components are turned off when the bike is not in use to prevent battery drain.
Issue: Poor idling or stalling.
Solution: Clean the carburetor and ensure proper fuel flow. Adjust the idle speed and air-fuel mixture as per the manufacturer's specifications.
Issue: Intermittent electrical issues or faulty wiring.
Solution: Inspect the wiring harness for loose connections or damaged wires. Repair or replace as necessary. Check all electrical connectors for corrosion or damage.
Issue: Braking problems, such as spongy brakes or reduced stopping power.
Solution: Inspect the brake pads for wear and replace them if necessary. Bleed the brake system to remove air bubbles. Check the brake fluid level and top up or replace as needed.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Install a high-flow air filter and rejet the carburetor for improved air-fuel mixture and potential performance gains.
- Upgrade the exhaust system to enhance the sound and potentially improve engine performance.
- Consider installing a fuel management system for precise fuel delivery and optimization.
- Install aftermarket handlebars or risers to achieve a more comfortable riding position.
- Upgrade the suspension components, such as rear shocks, for improved comfort and handling.
- Customize the bike's appearance with aftermarket accessories, such as chrome accents, saddlebags, or a windshield.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Windshields and fairings for added wind protection during long rides.
- Saddlebags and luggage racks for convenient storage options.
- Custom seats and seat covers for personalized comfort and style.
- Chrome accents and decorative accessories to enhance the bike's aesthetics.
- Performance exhaust systems for improved sound and potential power gains.
- LED lighting upgrades for better visibility and modern styling.
- Engine guards and crash bars for added protection in case of accidents.
- Bluetooth audio systems or smartphone mounts for entertainment and navigation options.
- Custom paint and graphics options for a unique and personalized look.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- The Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, and Virago 250 offer a great balance between style, affordability, and ease of use.
- These bikes are praised for their low seat height and comfortable riding position, making them suitable for riders of all heights and experience levels.
- The fuel efficiency of these models is highly appreciated, allowing for long rides without frequent refueling.
- Owners value the reliability and durability of Yamaha motorcycles, often mentioning their hassle-free ownership experiences.
- The V-twin engines produce a pleasing exhaust note, adding to the enjoyment of the riding experience.
- Some owners mention that the stock seat can be less comfortable during long rides, suggesting aftermarket seat upgrades.
- The limited power output of these models may be a drawback for riders seeking higher performance or highway cruising.
- A few owners express a desire for additional storage options or luggage capacity for longer trips.
Embark on the repair journey of your Yamaha V Star 250, XV250, or Virago 250 by purchasing the detailed shop handbook in PDF format. Buy now securely through PayPal from RepairLoader and click the green button to initiate the download process.
Once your secure payment is complete through PayPal, you will instantly gain access to your official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary download information following your secure payment.
Price: 18.99 USD