To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Get your snowmobile back on track: Access the downloadable PDF of the authentic Yamaha PZ480/E (H-N) Phazer workshop manual.
Production/model years: 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989
This manual is compatible with the following models: Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
Yamaha Snowmobile PZ480 E
Yamaha Snowmobile PZ480 H
Yamaha Snowmobile PZ480 N
Yamaha PZ480 Phazer (1984-1989)
Yamaha PZ480E Phazer E (1987-1989)
Yamaha PZ480N Phazer II (1989)
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Manual for the 1984-1989 Yamaha PZ480/E (H-N) Phazer Snowmobile: Unlock the Ultimate Engine Knowledge!"
Explore the world of the 1984-1989 Yamaha PZ480/E (H-N) Phazer snowmobile with our detailed manual. Designed to provide in-depth information on engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, and available accessories, this manual is a valuable resource for both owners and technicians. Whether you're seeking to optimize performance or perform repairs, this guide will equip you with the knowledge and solutions to keep your Phazer running smoothly. Embark on an adventure with your snowmobile and elevate your winter riding experience!
Engine Specifications/Technical Specifications:
• Engine Type: 2-stroke, twin-cylinder
• Displacement: 485cc
• Fuel System: Dual Mikuni VM34SS carburetors
• Ignition System: CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)
• Cooling: Liquid-cooled
• Bore and Stroke: 68mm x 60mm
• Compression Ratio: 6.9:1
• Horsepower: 48hp
• Torque: 40.7 ft-lbs
• Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gallons
• Oil Capacity: 3.3 quarts
• Drive System: Direct drive, Yamaha TSS (Torque-Sensing System)
• Suspension: Front - Independent double-wishbone, Rear - Slide-rail, hydraulic shock
• Track Dimensions: Width - 15 inches, Length - 121 inches
• Dry Weight: Approximately 445 lbs
• Overall Length: 101.6 inches
• Overall Width: 42.9 inches
• Overall Height: 40.9 inches
• Seating Capacity: 1 person
• Top Speed: Up to 70 mph
• Fuel Consumption: Varies based on riding conditions
• Oil Type: Yamaha 2-stroke oil (recommendation: Yamalube 2S)
• Spark Plug: NGK BR9ES
• Battery: 12-volt, 14AH
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Phazer was introduced in 1984 and quickly gained popularity for its lightweight design and responsive handling.
- The Phazer featured a unique seating position, with the rider positioned forward to enhance control and maneuverability.
- Its liquid-cooled engine provided consistent performance even in challenging winter conditions.
- The Yamaha TSS (Torque-Sensing System) improved traction and reduced track spin for enhanced stability.
- The Phazer's dual Mikuni carburetors allowed for efficient fuel delivery and smooth throttle response.
- It boasted a compact design and low center of gravity, making it agile and suitable for tight trails.
- The Phazer's slide-rail rear suspension system provided a comfortable and controlled ride over various terrains.
- Yamaha offered various color options for the Phazer, allowing riders to choose their preferred style.
- The Phazer models underwent continuous improvements during the 1984-1989 production years, enhancing performance and reliability.
- The lightweight nature of the Phazer made it an ideal choice for riders seeking nimble handling and playful maneuvering.
- Regular maintenance intervals and proper care were crucial for maximizing the longevity and performance of these snowmobiles.
- Common issues included carburetor adjustments, drive belt wear, and track alignment, which could be addressed through routine maintenance and inspections.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
- Regular maintenance intervals should include checking and adjusting the carburetors, inspecting the drive belt for wear, and lubricating the suspension components.
- General maintenance tips include regular cleaning of the snowmobile, keeping the track properly tensioned, and using high-quality 2-stroke oil.
- Common issues such as hard starting or poor idle could be resolved by cleaning or adjusting the carburetors.
- Drive belt issues may arise due to wear or misalignment, requiring replacement or adjustment.
- Track alignment should be checked periodically to ensure proper traction and handling.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Performance exhaust systems for improved power and sound.
- High-performance clutch kits to enhance acceleration.
- Studded track options for better traction on icy surfaces.
- Carburetor jetting modifications to optimize fuel delivery.
- Upgraded suspension components for improved ride quality.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Handlebar grips and handguards
- Cargo racks and bags
- Snowmobile covers
- Skid plates for added undercarriage protection
- LED auxiliary lights
- Heated grips and seat options
- Handlebar risers for personalized ergonomics
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Nimble and agile handling for maneuvering through tight trails.
- Reliable engine performance in a variety of winter conditions.
- Comfortable riding position and responsive throttle control.
- Lightweight design for ease of maneuverability.
- Good fuel efficiency for long-distance rides.
- Limited seating capacity for single-person use.
- Suspension may feel stiff on rougher terrains.
- Older models may require more frequent maintenance.
Secure your detailed shop handbook in PDF format by making a PayPal purchase on RepairLoader's website to gain instant access to invaluable snowmobile repair information.
Once your payment is complete through PayPal, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list for your snowmobile will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, you will receive an instant email with all the necessary information to begin your download.