To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: RGV 250 Gamma / Suzuki Motor Corporation
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1988)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1989)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1990)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1991)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1992)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1993)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1994)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1995)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1996)
Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma (1997)
Engine: 247.0 cc (15.07 cubic inches), Twin, two-stroke, 45.0 HP (32.8 kW) @ 8500 RPM, 172.0 km/h (106.9 mph), 7.1:1, 54.0 x 54.0 mm (2.1 x 2.1 inches), liquid cooled, 6-speed.
Production/model years: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the OEM Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma Sport Bike Manual - Buy Now for Complete Technical Specifications!"
Experience the thrill of the Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma Sport Bike with the comprehensive OEM manual. From the years 1988 to 1997, this manual provides detailed technical information to help you understand and maintain the Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma. Whether you're a dedicated rider or a collector, this manual is an invaluable resource. Don't miss the opportunity to enhance your riding experience and keep your Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma in excellent condition. Purchase the PDF manual now and gain access to complete information that will help you get the most out of your sport bike.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma is powered by a liquid-cooled, two-stroke, V-twin engine.
• The engine has a displacement of 249 cc, delivering exhilarating performance.
• It features a power valve system to optimize power delivery across the RPM range.
• The RGV 250 Gamma engine utilizes a crankcase reed valve induction system for efficient fuel-air mixture.
• The engine is equipped with a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) system for precise ignition timing.
• It has a six-speed transmission with a wet multi-plate clutch for smooth and precise gear shifts.
• The RGV 250 Gamma engine produces an impressive power output of around 55 horsepower.
• It has a bore and stroke measurement of approximately 54 mm x 54.5 mm.
• The bike features a liquid cooling system with a front-mounted radiator for optimal engine temperature control.
• The RGV 250 Gamma utilizes a twin-spar aluminum frame for lightweight and agile handling.
• It has a telescopic front fork suspension and a rising-rate monoshock rear suspension for improved stability and responsiveness.
• The sport bike features disc brakes at the front and rear for reliable stopping power.
• It has a fuel tank capacity of around 19 liters (5 gallons) for extended riding sessions.
• The Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma comes with cast aluminum wheels, with a 17-inch diameter at the front and rear.
Facts and Details:
- The Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma is renowned for its lightweight and nimble handling, making it a favorite among sport bike enthusiasts.
- It offers a compact and aggressive design, reflecting its racing heritage.
- The RGV 250 Gamma features a high-revving two-stroke engine that delivers thrilling acceleration and power.
- It offers a responsive and precise throttle response, allowing riders to easily control the power delivery.
- The sport bike comes with a twin-spar aluminum frame that provides excellent rigidity and stability during high-speed cornering.
- The RGV 250 Gamma's suspension setup, consisting of a telescopic front fork and a monoshock rear suspension, ensures a smooth and controlled ride.
- It features aerodynamic fairings and a sleek design, reducing wind resistance and enhancing high-speed performance.
- The bike comes with a compact and sporty riding position, placing the rider in an aggressive stance for optimal control.
- The Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma is equipped with powerful disc brakes that offer exceptional stopping power.
- It has a reputation for its sharp and precise handling, allowing riders to navigate corners with confidence.
- The RGV 250 Gamma's lightweight construction contributes to its agility and responsiveness.
- It has a dedicated following among motorcycle enthusiasts who appreciate its unique two-stroke engine characteristics.
- The sport bike offers an engaging riding experience and a distinctive exhaust note that adds to its appeal.
- The Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma is often praised for its reliability, given proper maintenance and care.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for routine servicing and inspections.
► Regularly check tire pressure and tread wear for optimal handling and safety.
► Keep the bike clean by washing it regularly, paying attention to areas prone to dirt and debris buildup.
► Check and maintain the chain tension and lubrication to ensure smooth power transfer and longevity.
► Regularly inspect and replace engine oil and filters according to the recommended intervals.
► Keep the air filter clean and replace it when necessary to maintain proper air intake and engine performance.
► Check the brake pads and discs for wear and replace them if they are worn beyond the recommended limit.
► Maintain proper coolant levels and check for coolant leaks to prevent overheating.
► Keep electrical connections clean and secure to ensure proper functioning of lights, indicators, and other electrical components.
► Address any abnormal engine noises, vibrations, or fluid leaks promptly to prevent further damage.
► Common issues may include carburetor or fuel system problems, ignition system malfunctions, and cooling system issues. Regular inspection and maintenance of these systems can help prevent such issues.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for routine servicing and inspections.
2. Regularly clean and lubricate the chain to ensure smooth power transfer and prevent premature wear.
3. Check tire pressure regularly and maintain proper levels for optimal handling and safety.
4. Keep the bike clean and free of dirt and debris to prevent corrosion and maintain its aesthetics.
5. Address any unusual noises, vibrations, or issues promptly by consulting a qualified mechanic or dealership.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Installing aftermarket expansion chambers or exhaust systems for improved performance and enhanced sound.
■ Upgrading the carburetors or fuel injection system for better fuel delivery and increased power.
■ Adding a performance air filter for improved airflow and engine responsiveness.
■ Upgrading the suspension components, such as adjustable forks and rear shocks, for enhanced handling and comfort.
■ Installing a steering damper to improve stability and control during high-speed maneuvers.
Accessories and Attachments:
* Aftermarket exhaust systems for improved sound and performance.
* Upgraded carburetors or fuel injection systems for enhanced fuel delivery and power.
* Performance air filters for increased airflow and engine responsiveness.
* Adjustable suspension components, such as forks and rear shocks, for improved handling and comfort.
* Steering dampers for enhanced stability and control.
* Upgraded brake pads and rotors for improved braking performance.
* Lightweight and aerodynamic fairings for enhanced high-speed performance.
* Sporty handlebars and grips for a customized riding position.
* Rearsets for adjustable footpeg positions and improved ergonomics.
* Frame sliders for added protection during accidental drops or slides.
* Performance tires for enhanced grip and cornering capabilities.
* LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and aesthetics.
* Racing-inspired decals and graphics kits for personalized aesthetics.
* Quick-shifters or slipper clutches for smoother and quicker gear shifts.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Owners appreciate the Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma's lightweight and nimble handling, providing an exhilarating riding experience.
☺ The bike's high-revving two-stroke engine is often praised for its thrilling power delivery and distinct exhaust note.
☺ Its racing-inspired design and aggressive styling contribute to its visual appeal.
☺ The RGV 250 Gamma's suspension setup is highly regarded for its responsiveness and stability.
☺ Many riders appreciate the sport bike's reliability when properly maintained and serviced.
☻ Some owners mention that the bike's two-stroke engine requires more frequent maintenance compared to four-stroke counterparts.
☻ Availability of genuine spare parts and specialized servicing may be limited due to the age and rarity of the model.
The 1988-1997 Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma is a legendary sport bike renowned for its lightweight construction, nimble handling, and high-revving two-stroke engine. With its racing heritage and aggressive design, it delivers an exhilarating riding experience. Regular maintenance, adherence to recommended service intervals, and proper care are crucial for keeping the RGV 250 Gamma in excellent condition. From routine tasks like chain maintenance to addressing potential issues promptly, owners can ensure the longevity and performance of their sport bikes. With a wide range of aftermarket accessories and tuning options available, riders have the opportunity to customize and enhance their RGV 250 Gamma to suit their individual preferences. Enjoy the thrill of riding this iconic sport bike by maximizing its potential and keeping it well-maintained for years of enjoyment.
Frequent Repairs and Breakable Parts:
→ Piston and ring replacements for worn or damaged components.
→ Cylinder head gasket replacements to address coolant leaks or compression issues.
→ Carburetor rebuilds or adjustments for optimal fuel-air mixture.
→ Clutch plate replacements for slipping or worn-out clutches.
→ Fork seal replacements to prevent oil leakage and maintain suspension performance.
→ Brake master cylinder rebuilds or replacements for consistent braking performance.
→ Reed valve replacements to address intake air leaks.
→ Ignition coil replacements for improved spark and engine operation.
→ Rear shock absorber replacements for worn or leaking shocks.
→ Wheel bearing replacements to address excessive play or noise.
→ Water pump seal replacements to prevent coolant leaks.
→ Swingarm pivot bearing replacements for smooth suspension movement.
→ Spark plug replacements for optimal ignition and engine performance.
→ Battery replacements for dead or weak batteries.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements for worn or stretched components.
→ Control cables (throttle, clutch, and brake) replacements for smooth and responsive operation.
→ Wiring harness repairs or replacements for electrical issues.
→ Exhaust gasket replacements to address exhaust leaks.
→ Radiator hose replacements to prevent coolant leaks.
→ Fairing and bodywork repairs or replacements for aesthetic purposes.
Click the green button to purchase the Suzuki RGV 250 Gamma manual in PDF format and gain instant access! Upon completing your purchase, the checkout page will display a download link for the original Suzuki shop manual and parts list. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation along with the download link for your convenience.