To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Arctic Cat
Panther 440 (1990-1998)
Panther 550 (1990-1998)
ZR 440 (1990-1998)
ZR 580 (1990-1998)
ZR 600 (1990-1998)
El Tigre (1990-1998)
Powder Extreme (1990-1998)
Prowler Mountain Cat (1990-1998)
ZRT 600 (1990-1998)
EXT 550 (1990-1998)
EXT 580 (1990-1998)
EXT 600 (1990-1998)
Powder Special (1990-1998)
Z 440 (1990-1998)
Powder Special EFI (1990-1998)
ZL 440 (1990-1998)
Production year(s): 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Number of pages: 500+
Manual Language: English
"Buy the Original Snowmobile Manual and Unlock the Power of Arctic Cat: Download Now!"
Are you a proud owner or enthusiast of 1990-1998 Arctic Cat snowmobiles? Look no further than the original manual to unleash the full potential of your machine. Whether you own the Cougar, Panther, Prowler, ZR, El Tigre, Powder Extreme, Prowler Mountain Cat, ZRT, EXT, Powder Special, Z, Pantera, Powder Special EFI, or ZL models, this comprehensive manual is your key to mastering your snowmobile. Download it now and embark on an exhilarating snowmobiling adventure!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Cougar model features a liquid-cooled engine with a displacement of 440cc or 550cc.
• The Panther 440 and Panther 550 are equipped with a fan-cooled engine.
• The Prowler model comes with a liquid-cooled engine.
• ZR 440, ZR 580, and ZR 600 models feature liquid-cooled engines with varying displacements.
• El Tigre, Powder Extreme, and Prowler Mountain Cat models have liquid-cooled engines.
• The ZRT 600 offers a liquid-cooled engine configuration.
• EXT 550, EXT 580, and EXT 600 models feature liquid-cooled engines.
• Powder Special models are equipped with liquid-cooled engines.
• The Z 440 model features a fan-cooled engine.
• The Pantera model comes with a liquid-cooled engine.
• The Powder Special EFI has a liquid-cooled engine.
• The ZL 440 model features a fan-cooled engine.
Facts and Details:
- The Cougar model offers a comfortable touring design for long-distance riding.
- Panther 440 and Panther 550 models are known for their versatility and reliability.
- The Prowler model is designed for off-trail performance and agility.
- ZR 440, ZR 580, and ZR 600 models are built for high-performance and speed.
- El Tigre models are renowned for their sporty handling and acceleration.
- Powder Extreme models excel in deep snow and mountain riding.
- Prowler Mountain Cat models are specifically designed for mountainous terrain.
- ZRT 600 offers powerful performance and excellent handling.
- EXT 550, EXT 580, and EXT 600 models are versatile all-around snowmobiles.
- Powder Special models are built for powder snow conditions and off-trail adventures.
- Z 440 is a lightweight and nimble snowmobile suitable for various riding conditions.
- Pantera models combine comfort and performance for two-up touring.
- Powder Special EFI offers electronic fuel injection for improved throttle response.
- ZL 440 models provide a comfortable and smooth riding experience.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for routine servicing.
► Regularly inspect and clean the air filters to ensure proper airflow.
► Check and adjust the track tension for optimal performance and longevity.
► Clean the snowmobile's cooling system and ensure proper coolant levels.
► Lubricate all moving parts, including suspension components and steering linkage.
► Common issues may include carburetor problems, electrical system faults, and drive belt wear.
► Carburetor issues can be resolved by cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor.
► Electrical system faults may require troubleshooting the wiring harness or replacing faulty components.
► Drive belt wear can be addressed by regularly inspecting and replacing worn-out belts.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
* Adhere to the recommended maintenance intervals and service requirements.
* Keep the snowmobile clean by removing dirt, debris, and moisture after each ride.
* Check and maintain proper track tension for optimal performance and traction.
* Inspect and replace worn-out drive belts to prevent performance issues and failures.
* Store the snowmobile properly during the off-season, following manufacturer guidelines for long-term storage.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for Arctic Cat Snowmobiles:
■ Installing aftermarket performance exhaust systems for increased power and sound.
■ Upgrading suspension components for improved handling and comfort.
■ Adding lightweight aftermarket parts, such as skis or seats, to enhance performance and maneuverability.
■ Tuning the carburetor and clutching system for specific riding conditions and preferences.
■ Installing heated grips or handguards for added comfort in cold weather.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Windshields and Windshield Bags
+ Cargo Racks and Bags
+ Snowmobile Covers
+ Heated Grips and Thumb Warmers
+ Skis and Ski Carbides
+ Track Studs
+ Handlebar Risers
+ Performance Exhaust Systems
+ Clutch Kits
+ Suspension Upgrades
+ Seat Covers and Seat Kits
+ GPS Systems and Mounts
+ LED Lights and Light Bars
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Dependable and durable construction for long-lasting performance.
☺ Wide range of models and options to suit various riding styles and preferences.
☺ Excellent handling and maneuverability in different terrains.
☺ Powerful engines and impressive acceleration.
☺ Comfortable riding experience, even on long trips.
☻ Some models may require regular maintenance and attention to ensure optimal performance.
☻ Older models may have limited availability of specific parts.
☻ Certain models may lack advanced features found in more recent snowmobiles.
The 1990-1998 Arctic Cat snowmobiles offer a wide range of models catering to different riding preferences and conditions. With proper maintenance and care, these snowmobiles can provide countless hours of exhilarating winter adventures. Adhering to recommended maintenance intervals, following general maintenance tips, and addressing common issues promptly will help keep your Arctic Cat snowmobile in excellent condition. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a novice snowmobiler, the Arctic Cat manual is your ultimate guide to unlocking the full potential of your snowmobile.
Repairs needing frequent attention:
→ Carburetor maintenance and cleaning
→ Electrical system troubleshooting and repairs
→ Drive belt replacements
→ Suspension component maintenance and adjustments
→ Cooling system maintenance and repairs
→ Track tension adjustments
→ Carbide runner replacements
→ Ski alignment and wear bar replacements
Purchase the original Arctic Cat manual in PDF format and gain access to a detailed shop handbook by simply clicking on the green button. By completing your purchase, you will instantly gain access to the detailed shop handbook and original Arctic Cat OEM parts list in PDF format. Your download link will be provided on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment confirmation