The following models are included in this manual: ZZR 250, EX 250 / Kawasaki Motorcycle & Engine Company
1986 Kawasaki ZZR250
1986 Kawasaki EX250
1987 Kawasaki ZZR250
1987 Kawasaki EX250
1988 Kawasaki ZZR250
1988 Kawasaki EX250
1989 Kawasaki ZZR250
1989 Kawasaki EX250
1990 Kawasaki ZZR250
1990 Kawasaki EX250
1991 Kawasaki ZZR250
1991 Kawasaki EX250
1992 Kawasaki ZZR250
1992 Kawasaki EX250
1993 Kawasaki ZZR250
1993 Kawasaki EX250
1994 Kawasaki ZZR250
1994 Kawasaki EX250
1995 Kawasaki ZZR250
1995 Kawasaki EX250
1996 Kawasaki ZZR250
1996 Kawasaki EX250
1997 Kawasaki ZZR250
1997 Kawasaki EX250
1998 Kawasaki ZZR250
1998 Kawasaki EX250
1999 Kawasaki ZZR250
1999 Kawasaki EX250
2000 Kawasaki ZZR250
2000 Kawasaki EX250
2001 Kawasaki ZZR250
2001 Kawasaki EX250
2002 Kawasaki ZZR250
2002 Kawasaki EX250
Engine: 248 cc / 15.2 cu-in, four stroke, parallel twin, DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder
Production year(s): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Manual Language: English
"Instant Download Fix: The Comprehensive Kawasaki ZZR250 and EX250 Repair Manual Now Available Online"
No matter the model, no matter the year, we're proud to announce our exhaustive guide to Kawasaki ZZR250 and EX250 motorcycle repair. From the classic 1986 models to the sophisticated iterations of 2002, we've meticulously covered every bolt and gear. This thorough manual, now available for download, includes over a thousand pages of diagrams, illustrations, and step-by-step instructions for every possible repair. Never be left scratching your head in the garage again – with our manual, you become the expert mechanic.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Kawasaki ZZR250 and EX250 feature a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel twin engine.
• The engine has a displacement of 248 cc (15.13 cu in).
• The engine's bore and stroke measure 62.0 x 41.2 mm.
• It features a 4-valve DOHC (Double Overhead Camshaft) configuration.
• The motorcycles have a compression ratio of 12.4:1.
• The power output of these bikes is 36 PS (26 kW; 35 hp) at 11,000 RPM.
• The maximum torque produced by the engine is 24 N⋅m (18 lb⋅ft) at 10,000 RPM.
• The engine uses a carburetor fuel system.
• The ignition system is transistor controlled.
• These motorcycles use a 6-speed transmission.
• The primary drive is gear driven.
• They have a chain final drive.
• The bikes feature telescopic fork front suspension.
• The rear suspension is a mono-shock swingarm.
• The braking system includes dual disc brakes at the front and a single disc at the rear.
• The fuel capacity of these motorcycles is 18 liters (4.76 US gal).
• The seat height measures 770 mm (30.3 in).
• The dry weight of the bikes is 143 kg (315 lb).
• They are capable of reaching a top speed of 180 km/h (112 mph).
• The wheelbase of these motorcycles is 1,400 mm (55.1 in).
• The bikes have a ground clearance of 130 mm (5.1 in).
• The tire size for the front is 110/70-17.
• The rear tire size is 130/70-17.
• The motorcycles use a 12V battery.
• The alternator output is 14V/17A.
• The motorcycles feature electric start only.
• The headlight uses a halogen bulb.
• The bikes come with a digital ignition system.
• The motorcycles have a rake and trail of 26 degrees and 86 mm respectively.
• The bikes feature a multi-plate wet clutch.
• The lubrication system is a wet sump.
• The motorcycles come equipped with a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
• The overall length of these bikes is 2,080 mm (82 in).
• The overall width is 700 mm (28 in).
• The overall height is 1,090 mm (43 in).
Facts and Details:
- The Kawasaki ZZR250 and EX250 were introduced as sports bikes with a strong focus on performance and agility.
- The ZZR250 was primarily designed for the Japanese market, while the EX250, also known as the Ninja 250R, found popularity globally.
- These motorcycles share the same engine, but have different bodywork, giving them distinct identities.
- Both models are revered for their reliability and robustness, often still running smoothly even after decades of use.
- Their compact and lightweight design makes them excellent beginner motorcycles and city commuters.
- Both the ZZR250 and the EX250 are known for their excellent fuel economy, often reaching over 60 mpg.
- Despite their age, these models continue to have a cult following among motorcycle enthusiasts for their simple design, ease of maintenance, and nimbleness on the road.
- The ZZR250 and EX250 are often referred to as "quarter-liter" bikes due to their engine size, a term popular in motorcycle culture.
- The affordable price and availability of parts make these motorcycles a great choice for those looking to learn about motorcycle maintenance and repairs.
- The ZZR250 and EX250 are often used in motorcycle safety courses because of their manageable power and handling characteristics.
- In many countries, the ZZR250 and EX250 are the most powerful motorcycles that a learner rider can legally ride, making them popular among new riders.
Maintenance Intervals and Tips:
■ Oil changes should be carried out every 3,000 to 3,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first.
■ The chain should be cleaned and lubricated every 600 miles, and the tension checked and adjusted as necessary.
■ The brake pads should be checked every 6,000 miles and replaced if worn to less than 2mm.
■ Spark plugs should be replaced every 12,000 miles.
■ The coolant should be changed every two years.
■ The air filter should be checked every 6,000 miles and cleaned or replaced as necessary.
■ The valve clearance should be checked every 7,500 miles and adjusted if necessary.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Issue: Over time, the carburetors may become gummed up, especially if the bike is left sitting for long periods. Solution: Regular use of a fuel stabilizer can help prevent this issue. If the carburetors are already gummed up, they will need to be removed and cleaned.
* Issue: The bike may have difficulty starting if the battery is not kept adequately charged. Solution: Regular use of a battery maintainer when the bike is not in use can help prevent this issue.
* Issue: Over time, the rubber components (such as hoses and gaskets) may dry out and crack. Solution: Regular inspection of these components and replacement as necessary can help prevent issues such as leaks.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
♦ Exhaust System Upgrade: An aftermarket exhaust can increase performance and give your bike a more aggressive sound.
♦ Jet Kit: If you're modifying the intake or exhaust, you may need to install a jet kit to ensure the carburetors are providing the correct fuel mixture.
♦ Upgraded Suspension: Upgrading the suspension components can improve handling, especially if you're a heavier rider or regularly carry a passenger.
♦ Tires: High-quality, sport-oriented tires can greatly improve your bike's performance and safety.
♦ Brakes: Upgrading to high-performance brake pads can improve stopping power and feel.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
+ Luggage racks
+ Panniers and saddlebags
+ Heated grips
+ Crash bars
+ Custom seats
+ Performance air filters
+ LED light kits
+ Custom mirrors
+ Frame sliders
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Most owners praise the Kawasaki ZZR250 and EX250 for their reliability, agility, and fuel efficiency. They appreciate the easy handling and lightweight nature, making the bikes suitable for city commutes and ideal for beginners. However, some owners wish for more power for highway cruising. The stock suspension is also often criticized for being too soft, especially for heavier riders. Overall, these bikes are considered excellent value for money, especially for those who are mechanically inclined and enjoy doing their maintenance.
→ Carburetor cleaning
→ Oil and filter changes
→ Chain and sprocket replacement
→ Brake pad replacement
→ Battery replacement
→ Spark plug replacement
→ Tire replacement
Tap the green button to obtain your comprehensive Kawasaki overhaul PDF using PayPal. Upon successful transaction, the link for your authentic Kawasaki OEM shop manual and parts catalog download will be displayed on the confirmation page. In addition, we'll promptly send you an email with the payment details and the download information.
Price: 18.99 USD