Effortlessly maintain and service your subcompact car: Access the comprehensive Mitsubishi Mirage OEM service manual (FSM) in PDF format, available for purchase and immediate download.
Manual details and specs:
Production year(s): 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Mirage / Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
4-door sedan, 3/5-door hatchback, 5-door station wagon
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Fix and Optimize Your Ride: Download the Mitsubishi Mirage Repair Manual Now!"
Are you an owner of a 1997-2002 Mitsubishi Mirage seeking detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning options, accessories, and more? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we provide you with valuable information to help you maintain, repair, and enhance your Mitsubishi Mirage. Get ready to unlock the full potential of your beloved vehicle!
• The 1997-2002 Mitsubishi Mirage offers engine options including:
• 1.5-liter SOHC 12-valve inline-4 engine generating around 92 horsepower and 93 lb-ft of torque.
• 1.8-liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4 engine producing approximately 113 horsepower and 116 lb-ft of torque.
• The Mirage features front-wheel drive, offering excellent maneuverability and efficiency.
• Transmission options include a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
• The vehicle has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 13.2 gallons, providing a decent driving range.
• The Mirage's overall length ranges from around 166 to 174 inches, depending on the model and body style.
• It has a width of approximately 66 to 67 inches, offering compact dimensions for urban driving.
• The Mirage's wheelbase measures around 96 to 98 inches, contributing to stability and ride comfort.
• It features front disc brakes and rear drum brakes, providing reliable stopping power.
• The Mirage's suspension consists of MacPherson struts at the front and a torsion beam axle at the rear, offering a balance between comfort and handling.
• Safety features include optional driver and passenger airbags, as well as seatbelt pretensioners.
Facts and Details:
- The Mirage is known for its exceptional fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- It gained popularity for its reliability, affordability, and low maintenance costs.
- The Mirage received recognition for its comfortable and spacious interior relative to its compact size.
- Some Mirage models featured a coupe body style, offering a sporty and stylish appearance.
- It excelled in urban environments, thanks to its nimble handling and small turning radius.
- The Mirage received positive reviews for its straightforward and user-friendly controls and interfaces.
- It proved to be a popular choice for first-time car owners and those seeking a reliable and efficient transportation solution.
- The Mirage's lightweight construction contributed to its agility and fuel efficiency.
- The Mirage offered optional features such as power windows, air conditioning, and a CD player, adding to its appeal.
- It received commendation for its value retention, maintaining its resale value well over time.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for regular servicing, including oil changes, filter replacements, and fluid checks.
- Inspect and replace worn-out brake pads and rotors to ensure optimal braking performance.
- Keep the tires properly inflated and rotate them regularly to promote even wear and extend their lifespan.
- Check the coolant levels and radiator condition periodically to prevent overheating.
- Regularly inspect the belts and hoses for signs of wear or deterioration and replace them as needed.
- Keep the exterior clean and protected from harsh weather conditions to prevent paint damage and corrosion.
- Address any warning lights or unusual noises promptly by consulting a qualified mechanic.
- Regularly clean and lubricate door hinges and locks to ensure smooth operation.
- Stay up-to-date with recalls and technical service bulletins issued by Mitsubishi for any potential issues or updates.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Timing Belt Replacement Timing Belt Replacement: The Mirage's engine uses a timing belt that requires replacement at regular intervals, typically between 60,000 to 90,000 miles. Failure to replace the timing belt can result in severe engine damage. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for timing belt replacement to ensure proper engine operation.
Electrical Issues: Some Mirage models may experience electrical problems, such as faulty wiring or malfunctioning sensors. It is advisable to have any electrical issues diagnosed and repaired by a qualified technician to ensure proper functionality.
Suspension Components Wear: Over time, the Mirage's suspension components, such as struts and bushings, may wear out. Regular inspections and timely replacement of worn-out components are essential to maintain a comfortable ride and optimal handling.
Oil Leaks: The Mirage's engine may develop oil leaks, typically from gaskets or seals. It is important to address oil leaks promptly to prevent engine damage and ensure the longevity of the vehicle.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Cold Air Intake: Upgrading to a cold air intake system can enhance engine performance by improving airflow and increasing power output.
- Exhaust System Upgrade: Installing a performance exhaust system can improve exhaust flow, resulting in better engine efficiency and a more aggressive sound.
- Suspension Upgrades: Upgrading to aftermarket suspension components, such as coilovers or performance springs, can enhance the Mirage's handling and responsiveness.
- ECU Tuning: Optimizing the engine's electronic control unit (ECU) through tuning can unlock additional power and improve throttle response.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Alloy Wheels: Enhance the Mirage's appearance and performance with a variety of aftermarket alloy wheel options.
- Body Kits: Customize the Mirage's exterior with body kits, including front splitters, side skirts, and rear spoilers, to give it a more aggressive look.
- Interior Upgrades: Upgrade the interior with aftermarket accessories like seat covers, floor mats, and custom trim pieces to personalize the cabin.
- Audio Systems: Enhance the in-car entertainment experience by upgrading the audio system with aftermarket speakers, amplifiers, and head units.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: Owners appreciate the Mirage's fuel efficiency, reliability, and affordability. It is often praised as a practical and economical choice for daily commuting.
Weaknesses: Some owners mention that the Mirage's acceleration and overall performance can feel underwhelming, particularly in comparison to sportier models.
Overall, owners value the Mirage for its practicality, low maintenance costs, and ease of ownership. It is often described as a reliable and economical subcompact car.
To purchase your Mitsubishi workshop manual in PDF format, simply visit www.repairloader.com and securely complete the payment process using PayPal or a credit card. Click the designated button to initiate the instant download.
After your secure payment is complete via PayPal or credit card, the official Mitsubishi OEM shop manual/parts list download link will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary download information for immediate access after a secure transaction.
Price: 18.99 USD