1969-1978 Honda Monkey Z50, Z50A, Z50AK1, Z50AK2, Z50AK3, Z50AK4, Z50AK5 workshop owners service repair parts manual
Take control of your minibike's maintenance by getting the Original Honda Z50 repair manual in PDF format today!
Manual details and specs:
Production year(s): 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Monkey Z50, Z50A, Z50AK1, Z50AK2, Z50AK3, Z50AK4, Z50AK5 / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd
Honda Monkey Z50
Honda Monkey Z50A
Honda Monkey Z50AK1
Honda Monkey Z50AK2
Honda Monkey Z50AK3
Honda Monkey Z50AK4
Honda Monkey Z50AK5
Serial numbers: Z50A-100001-999999, Z50AK1-1000001-1499999, Z50AK2-1500001-2399999, Z50AK3-2400001-3199999, Z50AK4-3200001-3999999, Z50AK5-4000001-4999999
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download Your Honda Monkey Z50 Repair Manual Now!"
If you own a Honda Monkey Z50 minibike from 1969-1978, it's essential to have a detailed manual to help you with repairs and maintenance. With our downloadable repair manual in PDF format, you'll have all the information you need at your fingertips to keep your Honda Monkey Z50 running smoothly.
Engine specs/technical specifications:
• Engine type: Air-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke
• Displacement: 49 cc
• Bore x stroke: 39 mm x 41.4 mm
• Compression ratio: 8.5:1
• Horsepower: 3.5 hp
• Torque: 2.7 lb-ft
• Valve train: SOHC, two-valves
• Fuel delivery: Single carburetor
• Fuel type: Gasoline
• Transmission type: Semi-automatic, 3-speed
• Final drive: Chain
• Front suspension: Telescopic fork
• Rear suspension: Dual shocks
• Brakes: Drum brakes
• Front tire size: 3.50-8
• Rear tire size: 3.50-8
• Wheelbase: 36.4 inches
• Overall length: 52 inches
• Overall width: 22 inches
• Overall height: 28 inches
• Curb weight: 112 pounds
• Fuel capacity: 0.8 gallons
• Maximum speed: 30 mph
• Ignition system: Points and condenser
• Spark plug: NGK B6HS
• Battery: 6V, 4Ah
• Headlight: 6V, 25W
• Taillight: 6V, 5W
• Turn signals: Optional
• Air filter: Paper element
• Oil capacity: 0.9 quarts
• Coolant capacity: N/A
• Alternator: 6V, 35W
• Starter: Kick start
Facts and details:
- The Honda Monkey Z50 was originally designed as a children's toy, but it became popular with adults as well.
- The minibike was named the "Monkey" due to its small size and agile handling.
- The Honda Monkey Z50 was sold in over 100 countries and became an icon of the 1970s.
- The minibike was popularized by a Japanese TV show called "Pit In" where it was used as a pit bike for motorcycle races.
- The Honda Monkey Z50 was the inspiration for the modern-day Grom, which is a popular minibike produced by Honda.
- The minibike was featured in the 1969 James Bond movie "You Only Live Twice" where it was driven by Bond's ally, Aki.
- The Honda Monkey Z50 was known for its reliability and durability, making it a popular choice for enthusiasts and collectors today.
- Oil changes should be done every 500-1000 miles.
- The air filter should be cleaned or replaced every 1,000 miles.
- The spark plug should be replaced every 3,000 miles.
- The chain should be lubricated and adjusted every 500 miles.
- The brakes should be checked and adjusted regularly.
General Maintenance Tips:
- Keep the tires properly inflated and replace them if they become worn or damaged.
- Check the battery regularly and keep it charged if the minibike is not used frequently.
- Keep the carburetor clean and adjust the idle and air-fuel mixture as needed.
- Replace the points and condenser if the engine misfires or runs poorly.
- Keep the minibike clean and store it in a dry, protected area.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- The carburetor can become clogged or dirty, causing the engine to run poorly. Cleaning or replacing the carburetor can solve this issue.
- The spark plug can become fouled, causing the engine to run poorly or not start. Replacing the spark plug can solve this issue.
- The brakes can become worn or lose their effectiveness over time. Adjusting or replacing the brakes can solve this issue.
- The chain can become loose or worn, causing the drivetrain to slip or make noise. Adjusting or replacing the chain can solve this issue.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Installing a performance exhaust can improve horsepower and give the minibike a more aggressive sound.
- Upgrading the carburetor and air filter can improve airflow and increase performance.
- Replacing the points and condenser with an electronic ignition system can improve reliability and reduce maintenance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Upgraded exhaust systems for improved performance and sound.
- Custom seats and handlebars for a more personalized look.
- LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and modern styling.
- Performance carburetors and air filters for improved airflow and horsepower.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Fun and easy to ride.
- Reliable and durable.
- Easy to work on and maintain.
- Iconic and collectible.
- Limited top speed and power.
- Can be uncomfortable for taller riders.
- Limited carrying capacity.
Buy your PDF repair manual for the Honda Monkey Z50 today from www.repairloader.com and start repairing your minibike with confidence, all with secure payment options available. Once your payment is processed securely through PayPal or your credit card, the download link for your official Honda Monkey service manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page. We will also email you all the information you need to download your manual instantly.
Price: 15.99 USD