To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Accord / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd
1986 Honda Accord
1987 Honda Accord
1988 Honda Accord
1989 Honda Accord
Production year(s): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revive Your Compact Car: Overhaul and Repair with the Honda Accord PDF Service Manual"
Discover the enduring charm and reliability of the 1986-1989 Honda Accord, a compact car that has stood the test of time. Whether you're a proud owner or considering getting one, this comprehensive guide will provide you with essential information on engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, common issues, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Get ready to revitalize your Honda Accord and enjoy the dependable performance and efficiency it has to offer!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 1986-1989 Honda Accord is available with various engine options, including a 1.8L, 2.0L, and 2.0L fuel-injected engine.
• These engines feature a four-cylinder configuration, providing a balance between power and fuel efficiency.
• The horsepower output ranges from approximately 86 to 120 horsepower, depending on the specific engine model and year.
• The Accord utilizes a carburetor or fuel injection system, depending on the engine variant.
• It employs a front-wheel-drive layout, ensuring good traction and maneuverability.
• The transmission options include a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission, offering flexibility to drivers.
• The car's suspension consists of independent front and rear setups, providing a comfortable and smooth ride.
• The Accord is equipped with front disc brakes and rear drum brakes for reliable stopping power.
• It features rack-and-pinion steering, allowing for responsive and precise handling.
• The compact car offers seating for up to five passengers, with comfortable and supportive seats.
• The Accord's fuel tank capacity ranges from approximately 13 to 15 gallons, depending on the model and year.
• It rides on a set of 13-inch or 14-inch wheels, depending on the specific trim level and variant.
• The car boasts a sleek and aerodynamic design, optimizing fuel efficiency and reducing wind noise.
• The Honda Accord incorporates advanced safety features such as crumple zones, side-impact protection beams, and three-point seatbelts.
• It features a comprehensive instrument cluster displaying essential information, including speed, fuel level, and engine temperature.
• The Accord's interior offers a well-designed layout, with intuitive controls and ample storage compartments.
• The compact car is known for its durability and long-lasting performance, making it a popular choice among budget-conscious buyers.
• It has a spacious trunk capacity, providing ample space for luggage and cargo.
Facts and Details:
- The 1986-1989 Honda Accord is often praised for its reliable performance and fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- These models are known for their solid build quality, with many owners reporting high mileage without major issues.
- The Accord offers a comfortable and smooth ride, thanks to its well-tuned suspension and supportive seating.
- The compact car is praised for its precise steering and nimble handling, making it easy to maneuver in urban environments.
- Honda's attention to safety is evident in the Accord, with features designed to protect occupants in the event of a collision.
- The interior of the Accord is well-designed and offers a quiet and comfortable driving experience.
- The car's compact size makes it easy to park in tight spaces and navigate through crowded city streets.
- Owners appreciate the availability of affordable parts and a wide range of aftermarket options for customization.
- The Accord's fuel efficiency is a significant advantage, allowing for longer trips without frequent refueling.
- Many owners note that the Accord's engines are durable and require minimal maintenance when properly cared for.
- The car's design has aged well, still exuding a timeless appeal that appeals to both classic car enthusiasts and practical buyers.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Maintenance intervals and specific tips for the 1986-1989 Honda Accord can be found in the official service manual.
► Regular maintenance tasks include oil changes, filter replacements, spark plug replacements, and brake inspections.
► It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for oil types, spark plug gaps, and maintenance intervals.
► Common issues may include electrical problems, worn suspension components, and engine oil leaks.
► Electrical problems can often be resolved by checking and cleaning connectors and ensuring proper grounding.
► Worn suspension components may require inspection and potential replacement to maintain ride comfort and handling.
► Engine oil leaks may be caused by worn gaskets or seals, and addressing these issues promptly can prevent further damage.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the intake and exhaust systems can improve engine performance and enhance the car's sound.
* Installing aftermarket suspension components can improve handling and provide a sportier ride.
* Upgrading the braking system with high-performance pads and rotors can enhance stopping power.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ OEM and aftermarket accessories for the 1986-1989 Honda Accord include floor mats, car covers, cargo organizers, and roof racks.
■ Other options include audio systems, navigation units, seat covers, and alloy wheels.
■ Aftermarket options may include performance air filters, suspension lowering kits, and custom body kits.
■ Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and fuel-efficient engine options for economical commuting.
☺ Comfortable and supportive seating for long drives.
☺ Nimble handling and precise steering for urban maneuverability.
☺ Solid build quality and durability for long-lasting performance.
☺ Availability of affordable parts and aftermarket options for customization.
☻ Some owners have reported electrical issues, such as problems with the instrument cluster or wiring connections.
☻ Ride comfort may be compromised on rough roads due to the car's compact size.
☻ Older models may experience rust issues, especially in regions with harsh winters.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Regular maintenance tasks, including oil changes, filter replacements, and spark plug replacements, for optimal engine performance.
→ Suspension component inspections and potential replacements to maintain ride comfort and handling.
→ Brake system maintenance, including pad and rotor replacements, for reliable stopping power.
→ Electrical system checks to address potential wiring or connection issues.
→ Addressing engine oil leaks promptly to prevent further damage.
→ Routine inspections and potential replacements of belts and hoses to ensure proper operation.
→ Regular tire rotations and alignments to maintain even tire wear and optimal handling.
Access the Honda Accord service manual by clicking the green button for a convenient download. Upon completing the payment, your official Honda OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link will be displayed on the checkout page, followed by an immediate email with payment and download information.