To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Zuma / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
Yamaha Zuma 50 (CW50N)
Yamaha Zuma 50 (CW50NC)
Production year(s): 1989, 1990
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 Scooter Repair Manual for Expert Guidance on Repairs"
Are you in need of repairing and maintaining your 1989-1990 Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 scooter? Look no further! We present the Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 Scooter Repair Manual, available for download. This comprehensive manual will provide you with the detailed instructions and technical specifications necessary to tackle various engine repairs, troubleshoot issues, and keep your scooter in optimal condition. Read on to explore engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning options, available accessories, owner reviews, and more about the 1989-1990 Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 scooter.
• The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 scooter is powered by a 49cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder, two-stroke engine.
• It features a bore and stroke of 40.0 mm x 39.2 mm.
• The engine utilizes a Mikuni VM12SC carburetor for efficient fuel delivery.
• It has a compression ratio of 6.2:1.
• The ignition system employs a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) for reliable spark generation.
• The scooter is equipped with both an electric starter and a kick-starter mechanism.
• It features a forced air-cooling system to maintain optimal engine temperature.
• The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 has a fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) for easy operation.
• It utilizes an automatic oil injection system for convenient two-stroke oil mixing.
• The scooter has a maximum power output of approximately 3.1 horsepower at 6,500 RPM.
• It offers a torque of 3.1 Nm at 5,000 RPM.
• The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 features a CDI ignition timing system for precise spark control.
• It has telescopic front suspension and a single shock rear suspension for a comfortable ride.
• The scooter comes with 10-inch cast aluminum wheels for stability and maneuverability.
• It features drum brakes at the front and rear for reliable stopping power.
• The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 has a wheelbase of 1,200 mm for agile handling.
• It offers a seat height of approximately 780 mm, accommodating riders of various heights.
• The scooter features a fuel tank capacity of approximately 5.5 liters.
• It utilizes an autolube system for automatic oil injection to the engine.
• The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 has a dry weight of around 77 kg, making it lightweight and nimble.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 was introduced as a sporty and reliable scooter in the late 1980s.
- Its compact size and lightweight construction made it suitable for urban commuting and recreational riding.
- The Zuma 50, CW50 boasted a peppy two-stroke engine, providing quick acceleration and nimble maneuverability.
- It featured a rugged design with off-road-inspired styling cues, making it stand out from other scooters of its time.
- The scooter offered ample under-seat storage, allowing riders to store essential items or small groceries conveniently.
- Yamaha designed the Zuma 50, CW50 with durability in mind, ensuring it could withstand daily use and occasional off-road adventures.
- Its responsive handling and tight turning radius made it ideal for navigating through congested city streets and tight corners.
- The scooter's autolube system provided hassle-free oil injection, eliminating the need for manual premixing.
- The Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 was equipped with a reliable electrical system, ensuring consistent starting and lighting performance.
- It came with a comfortable and ergonomically designed seat, accommodating riders of various sizes.
- The Zuma 50, CW50 was praised for its fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- Many riders appreciated the scooter's low maintenance requirements and ease of servicing.
Refer to the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the Yamaha Zuma 50, CW50 Scooter Repair Manual for specific intervals and tasks. Regular maintenance includes oil changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, spark plug inspection/replacement, and general inspection of components.
General Maintenance Tips:
- Regularly check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal handling and tire life.
- Inspect and clean the air filter regularly to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
- Keep the scooter clean and free from mud, dirt, and debris to prevent corrosion and maintain its visual appeal.
- Lubricate the throttle and brake cables periodically to ensure smooth operation.
- Check the brake system regularly and replace worn brake pads as needed.
- Maintain the appropriate coolant level and ensure the cooling system is clean and free from debris.
- Pay attention to any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance and address them promptly.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Starting Problems: If the scooter experiences difficulty starting, check the spark plug condition, fuel flow, and ignition system. Clean or replace any faulty components as needed.
Carburetor Issues: Clogging or misadjustment of the carburetor can result in poor engine performance or starting difficulties. Clean or adjust the carburetor according to the manufacturer's specifications.
Electrical Problems: Faulty wiring, connections, or electrical components can cause electrical malfunctions. Thoroughly inspect the electrical system and repair or replace any damaged parts as necessary.
Fuel System Problems: Ensure proper fuel flow by checking the fuel lines and carburetor. Clean or replace any clogged or damaged components.
Drive Belt Replacement: The drive belt may wear out over time and affect performance. Regularly inspect the belt for signs of wear and replace it if necessary.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Installing a performance exhaust system can improve both the scooter's power delivery and exhaust note.
- Upgrading the carburetor to a larger size or installing a performance carburetor can enhance fuel and air delivery for improved performance.
- Adding a high-flow air filter can optimize air intake and increase engine efficiency.
- Upgrading the variator and roller weights can improve acceleration and top speed.
- Installing a performance CDI unit can provide a stronger and more consistent spark, resulting in improved engine performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Windshields: Various windshields are available to provide wind protection during rides.
Top Cases and Luggage Racks: These accessories offer additional storage space for carrying belongings or groceries.
LED Lighting Kits: LED lights can replace the stock lighting for improved visibility and a modern look.
Performance Variators: Upgraded variators can enhance acceleration and top speed characteristics.
Handlebar Grips: Custom handlebar grips are available to personalize the scooter's appearance.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Peppy and responsive two-stroke engine.
- Off-road-inspired design with rugged capabilities.
- Ample under-seat storage for practicality.
- Fuel-efficient for daily commuting.
Limited top speed compared to larger scooters or motorcycles.
Some owners have reported issues with the electrical system.
Availability of certain parts may be limited due to the scooter's age.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently:
- Regular oil and filter changes.
- Spark plug replacements.
- Carburetor cleaning and adjustment.
- Brake pad replacements.
- Drive belt replacements.
- Regular inspection and adjustment of the variator and roller weights.
To conveniently purchase and begin troubleshooting with your detailed shop handbook in PDF format, click the green button and securely buy it using PayPal on the RepairLoader marketplace.
After your secure payment through PayPal, the checkout page will display your official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary information to instantly download your file.