The following models are encompassed by this manual: Raptor 80, YFM80 / Yamaha
2002 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WP
2003 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WR
2004 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WS
2005 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WT
2006 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WV
2007 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WW
2008 Yamaha Raptor 80 YFM80WX
Engine: 79 cc (4.82 in3), Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, Forward-inclined, single-cylinder, 47 x 45.6 mm (1.85 x 1.80 in), 9.6:1, Mikuni VM16SH.
Production year(s): 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Payment: PayPal or credit card.
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revitalize Your ATV: Download Our Comprehensive Manual for Efficient ATV Repairs"
Ready to get your hands dirty with some DIY ATV repairs? Our comprehensive, easily downloadable manual is here to guide you every step of the way. This exhaustive guide is tailored for 2002-2008 Yamaha Raptor 80, YFM80 ATV, offering a wealth of information including engine specs, technical specifications, maintenance tips, tuning ideas, and so much more. Let's dive into the world of ATVs and ensure that your Raptor 80 always runs like a dream.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Yamaha Raptor 80, YFM80 ATV, features an air-cooled, 79cc, 4-stroke, SOHC engine that delivers robust power.
• The engine uses a single-cylinder design for simplicity and efficient heat dissipation.
• The ATV is equipped with a carburetor fuel system.
• The ignition system of the Raptor 80 is CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) for reliable startups.
• The compression ratio stands at a respectable 8.4:1.
• The Yamaha Raptor 80 features a convenient electric starter system.
• This model comes with a fully automatic, V-belt transmission, and a rear drive chain.
• The transmission has an automatic clutch, ensuring ease of use for riders.
• It possesses a robust double A-arm front suspension with 2.4 inches of travel.
• The rear suspension is a swingarm type, providing 2.4 inches of travel.
• The front and rear brakes are both drum type, providing sufficient stopping power.
• The ATV measures 56.1 inches in length, 32.3 inches in width, and 36.4 inches in height.
• It has a generous ground clearance of 3.9 inches, ensuring good off-road capabilities.
• The seat height is a comfortable 25.2 inches.
• The ATV boasts a dry weight of 187 lbs, promoting ease of handling.
• It comes with a 1.3 gallons fuel capacity, including 0.3-gallon reserve.
• The Yamaha Raptor 80 is equipped with 18x7-7 front and 18x9-8 rear tubeless tires.
• The model comes with a basic analog speedometer and odometer.
• The frame is constructed from steel tubing, ensuring durability.
• The front track width is approximately 26.8 inches, while the rear track is 26.4 inches.
• It features a rear mono-shock absorber for a smooth ride.
• The wheelbase measures 38 inches, ensuring stability.
• The Raptor 80 comes with standard halogen headlights for clear vision.
• It features a maintenance-free battery for convenience.
• The model also comes with a standard spark arrestor, a beneficial feature for off-road riding.
Facts and Details:
- Yamaha released the Raptor 80, YFM80 as a youth-oriented ATV, promoting a love for off-roading and motorsport among youngsters.
- The model features an adjustable throttle limiter, providing parents control over speed limits for safety.
- The Yamaha Raptor 80 was designed with large, comfortable footpegs for enhanced stability during rides.
- It features automatic transmission, making it an excellent option for beginner riders.
- The ATV is designed with aggressive styling inspired by its big brother, the Raptor 700R.
- Yamaha Raptor 80, YFM80 ATV, is known for its reliability, durability, and user-friendly nature.
- Despite its youth-oriented design, it hasbeen used successfully in multiple ATV racing events across the country.
- The model has been praised for its environmentally-friendly features, including a USFS-approved spark arrestor and a muffler system that minimizes noise pollution.
- It boasts a rear auxiliary brake for added safety.
- The Raptor 80 has an impressive resale value due to its sturdy construction and dependable performance.
- The model was well received and remained popular among riders even years after it was discontinued in 2008.
The following are general maintenance intervals for the 2002-2008 Yamaha Raptor 80, YFM80 ATV:
- Change the engine oil every six months or after every 100 hours of use.
- Clean the air filter after every 10 hours of use or when it gets dirty.
- Check and adjust the valve clearance every year.
- Inspect the brakes after every 10 hours of use.
- Change the transmission fluid every year or after every 100 hours of use.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Starting problems: Check the spark plug and replace it if necessary. Ensure the battery is fully charged.
Overheating: Check the coolant levels and the radiator for blockage. Replace the coolant if required.
Poor performance: Clean the carburetor and replace the air filter if necessary.
Popular Tuning Tips/Modifications:
Upgrading the exhaust system can improve the ATV's power output.
Re-jetting the carburetor can improve the fuel-air mixture and increase performance.
Installing a larger air filter can enhance the ATV's horsepower.
Upgrading to high-performance tires can improve traction and control.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Storage boxes and bags.
Skid plates for protection.
Performance exhaust systems.
High-performance air filters.
Upgraded shocks and suspension components.
Custom seats for increased comfort.
LED light bars for improved visibility.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Durable and reliable, with a long lifespan.
User-friendly and ideal for young riders.
Good resale value.
Lack of power for adult riders.
Limited modification options.
Slightly high maintenance needs.
- Replacing the air filter.
- Changing the engine oil.
- Adjusting or replacing the carburetor.
- Replacing the battery.
- Changing the brake pads.
Hit the blue icon to initiate your PDF Yamaha troubleshooting guide purchase from the RepairLoader marketplace, secure your transaction with PayPal.
After your payment is confirmed, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be presented on the payment confirmation page. Additionally, all the download details will be swiftly sent to your email post secure payment.
Price: 18.99 USD