To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: America, Thruxton, Scrambler / Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
2001 Triumph America
2002 Triumph America
2003 Triumph America
2004 Triumph America
2005 Triumph America
2006 Triumph America
2007 Triumph America
2001 Triumph Thruxton
2002 Triumph Thruxton
2003 Triumph Thruxton
2004 Triumph Thruxton
2005 Triumph Thruxton
2006 Triumph Thruxton
2007 Triumph Thruxton
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2007 Triumph Scrambler
Engine: 790 cc, air-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin, 270Âº firing interval, 4-stroke, 3.4x2.7 in OR 86 mm, 9.2:1, 62/7400 KW (hp)/RPM, 44/3500 lb-ft/RPM OR 60/3500 Nm/RPM
Production year(s): 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Troubleshooting Triumph Bike Issues Made Easy with PDF Guide: Triumph America, Thruxton, Scrambler"
If you own a Triumph America, Thruxton, or Scrambler motorcycle manufactured between 2001 and 2007, you may encounter occasional troubleshooting issues or require regular maintenance to keep your bike in top condition. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with detailed engine specifications, maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, common issues and their solutions, popular tuning tips, available accessories and aftermarket options, as well as owner reviews. Additionally, you'll find a convenient PDF manual to assist you in handling repairs and optimizing the performance of your Triumph America, Thruxton, or Scrambler.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Triumph America, Thruxton, and Scrambler bikes are powered by a 790cc, air-cooled, parallel-twin engine.
• The engine features a bore and stroke of 86mm x 68mm.
• It utilizes a DOHC (Dual Overhead Cam) configuration for improved performance.
• Fuel is delivered through a multi-point sequential electronic fuel injection system.
• The compression ratio is 9.2:1.
• The bikes have a five-speed manual transmission.
• They feature an electric starter and a primary drive by gears.
• The fuel tank capacity is approximately 4.4 gallons (16.6 liters).
• The front suspension consists of telescopic forks with 41mm diameter.
• Rear suspension utilizes chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload.
• The bikes are equipped with front and rear disc brakes for reliable stopping power.
• The Triumph America, Thruxton, and Scrambler have a dry weight of around 490-505 pounds (222-229 kg).
• The wheelbase measures approximately 59.4 inches (1509 mm).
• Ground clearance stands at approximately 5.9 inches (150 mm).
• The bikes feature a seat height of around 29.1 inches (740 mm).
Facts and Details:
- The Triumph America offers a relaxed riding position and classic cruiser styling, suitable for long-distance touring.
- The Thruxton is a café racer-inspired bike with a sporty and aggressive character, ideal for spirited riding.
- The Scrambler is designed for off-road adventures, featuring rugged styling and enhanced ground clearance.
- These bikes share the same engine platform, delivering a balance of power and smoothness.
- The parallel-twin engine provides a distinct sound and strong mid-range torque, offering excellent acceleration.
- The America and Scrambler models feature a more relaxed suspension setup, providing a comfortable ride.
- The Thruxton model has a sport-tuned suspension for improved handling and cornering capabilities.
- The bikes are known for their quality construction, attention to detail, and timeless design.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil and filter change: Every 3,000 miles (4,800 km) or annually, whichever comes first. Use high-quality motorcycle-specific oil.
► Air filter maintenance: Clean or replace the air filter every 6,000 miles (9,600 km) or as needed based on riding conditions.
► Spark plug replacement: Inspect and replace spark plugs every 12,000 miles (19,000 km) or as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Regularly check and adjust drive chain tension and lubrication.
► Keep the battery charged and maintain proper electrolyte levels.
► Ensure proper tire pressure and inspect for wear regularly.
► Lubricate throttle and clutch cables periodically.
► Common issues may include electrical problems, such as faulty wiring connections or charging system issues. Regular inspections and proper maintenance can prevent these issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option can improve both sound and performance.
* Installing a high-flow air filter and adjusting the fuel injection system can enhance throttle response and power delivery.
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as adjustable rear shocks or fork springs, can improve ride quality and handling.
* Adding a power commander or tuning module allows for precise fuel and ignition mapping customization.
* Upgrading the braking system with stainless steel brake lines and performance brake pads can enhance stopping power.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Aftermarket exhaust systems
■ High-flow air filters and airbox modifications
■ Performance suspension components
■ Power commanders and tuning modules
■ Upgraded brake pads and stainless steel brake lines
■ LED lighting kits and custom indicators
■ Windshields and fairings
■ Saddlebags and luggage racks
■ Custom seats and seat covers
■ Handlebar upgrades and risers
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Triumph America, Thruxton, Scrambler:
☺ Classic styling with attention to detail
☺ Smooth and responsive parallel-twin engine
☺ Comfortable riding positions tailored to each model
☺ Versatile capabilities, suitable for various riding styles
☺ High-quality construction and reliable performance
☻ Limited ground clearance on the America and Scrambler models for off-road use
☻ Some riders may desire more power for aggressive riding on the America model
☻ Availability and cost of certain accessories and aftermarket options may vary
Repairs that need to be carried out most frequently and common parts that often break:
→ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil and filter changes, spark plug replacement, and drive chain maintenance.
→ Electrical system troubleshooting and repairs, including rectifier/regulator replacement or wiring checks.
→ Routine brake system maintenance, such as brake pad replacement and fluid changes.
→ Suspension component maintenance, including fork seal replacement and shock absorber service.
→ Fuel system cleaning or injector replacement due to clogging or fuel-related issues.
→ Throttle cable and clutch cable adjustments or replacements.
→ Common parts that may experience wear or breakage include brake pads, drive chains, spark plugs, and batteries.
Access the comprehensive shop handbook for your Triumph bike by simply clicking the download button. Unlock the wealth of information in the detailed Triumph bike manual with just a click of the download button. Once the payment is complete, your official Triumph OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link will be available on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment and download information.