To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Repair your compact crossover SUV: Get the PDF version of the original Honda Motor Co. Ltd Element repair manual (instant download).
Specs and Product-Details:
Production year(s): 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Element / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd
2003 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1563EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1663EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1563EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1663EX
2WD Manual EX: YH1563E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1663E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1563E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1663E5
2004 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1564EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1664EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1564EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1664EX
2WD Manual EX: YH1564E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1664E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1564E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1664E5
2005 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1565EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1665EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1565EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1665EX
2WD Manual LX: YH1565PL
2WD Automatic LX: YH1665PL
4WD Manual LX: YH1565PLW
4WD Automatic LX: YH1665PLW
2WD Manual EX: YH1565E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1665E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1565E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1665E5
2006 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1566EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1666EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1566EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1666EX
2WD Manual LX: YH1566PL
2WD Automatic LX: YH1666PL
4WD Manual LX: YH1566PLW
4WD Automatic LX: YH1666PLW
2WD Manual EX: YH1566E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1666E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1566E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1666E5
2007 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1567EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1667EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1567EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1667EX
2WD Manual LX: YH1567PL
2WD Automatic LX: YH1667PL
4WD Manual LX: YH1567PLW
4WD Automatic LX: YH1667PLW
2WD Manual EX: YH1567E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1667E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1567E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1667E5
2WD Manual SC: YH1567KE
2008 Honda Element:
2WD Manual DX: YH1568EW
2WD Automatic DX: YH1668EW
4WD Manual DX: YH1568EX
4WD Automatic DX: YH1668EX
2WD Manual LX: YH1568PL
2WD Automatic LX: YH1668PL
4WD Manual LX: YH1568PLW
4WD Automatic LX: YH1668PLW
2WD Manual EX: YH1568E4
2WD Automatic EX: YH1668E4
4WD Manual EX: YH1568E5
4WD Automatic EX: YH1668E5
2WD Manual SC: YH1568KE
2WD Automatic SC: YH1668
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (all printers)
"Download the Honda Element Repair Manual for Engine Specs and Maintenance Tips"
The Honda Element is a compact crossover SUV that was produced from 2003 to 2011. The 2003-2008 Honda Element models were equipped with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 160 horsepower and 161 lb-ft of torque. Here are 25-35 engine specs/technical specs for the 2003-2008 Honda Element:
• Engine type: 2.4-liter 4-cylinder
• Horsepower: 160 hp @ 5,500 rpm
• Torque: 161 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm
• Compression ratio: 9.7:1
• Valve train: DOHC 16-valve i-VTEC
• Fuel delivery: Multi-point fuel injection
• Fuel type: Regular unleaded
• Transmission: 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual
• Front suspension: Independent strut with stabilizer bar
• Rear suspension: Independent double wishbone with stabilizer bar
• Steering: Power rack-and-pinion
• Brakes: 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
• Wheelbase: 101.4 inches
• Length: 169.3 inches
• Width: 71.5 inches
• Height: 70.4 inches
• Curb weight: 3,585 pounds (manual), 3,632 pounds (automatic)
• Towing capacity: 1,500 pounds
• Fuel tank capacity: 15.9 gallons
• EPA fuel economy (city/highway): 18/23 mpg (manual), 19/24 mpg (automatic)
• Acceleration (0-60 mph): 8.8 seconds (manual), 9.5 seconds (automatic)
• Top speed: 111 mph
• Turning radius: 17.5 feet
• Front headroom: 41.6 inches
• Rear headroom: 39.2 inches
• Front legroom: 41.0 inches
• Rear legroom: 39.1 inches
• Cargo volume: 25.1 cubic feet (behind rear seats), 74.6 cubic feet (with rear seats folded)
• Ground clearance: 6.3 inches
• Front track: 61.6 inches
• Rear track: 61.6 inches
• Front hiproom: 54.6 inches
• Rear hiproom: 46.4 inches
• Front shoulder room: 57.1 inches
• Rear shoulder room: 52.7 inches
Here are 5-10 interesting facts and details about the 2003-2008 Honda Element:
• The Honda Element was designed to appeal to outdoor enthusiasts and pet owners, with a dog-friendly package that included a pet-friendly floor, a ramp • for easy entry and exit, and a pet restraint system.
• The Element's "clamshell" rear doors were designed to make loading and unloading cargo easier, and could be opened independently or together.
• The Element's exterior design was inspired by the look of a backpack, with a rugged, utilitarian appearance.
• The Element's interior was designed to be easy to clean, with water-resistant seat fabrics and a urethane-coated utility floor.
• The Element was available with an optional all-wheel-drive system that could send up to 70% of the engine's power to the rear wheels.
• The Element was also available with a rear-seat DVD entertainment system and a navigation system.
The 2003-2008 Honda Element has a reputation for being a reliable and versatile vehicle. However, like any car, it requires regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly.
Here are some maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, and common issues and their solutions for the Honda Element.
- Oil change: every 5,000-7,500 miles
- Air filter replacement: every 30,000-45,000 miles
- Brake fluid flush: every 2 years
- Transmission fluid replacement: every 30,000-60,000 miles
- Timing belt replacement: every 105,000 miles (or 7 years, whichever comes first)
- Spark plug replacement: every 100,000 miles
General Maintenance Tips:
- Check tire pressure regularly and rotate tires every 5,000-7,500 miles
- Keep up with oil changes and fluid flushes to prevent engine damage
- Replace brake pads and rotors when necessary to ensure safe stopping
- Use high-quality fuel and oil to maximize performance and fuel efficiency
- Check the battery and charging system regularly to prevent electrical problems
Common Issues and Solutions:
- AC compressor failure: This can cause the air conditioning to stop working. Replacing the compressor is the only solution.
- Ignition switch failure: This can cause the engine to stall or not start at all. Replacing the ignition switch is the only solution.
- Front suspension noise: This can be caused by worn bushings or strut mounts. Replacing these components will solve the problem.
- Power window failure: This can be caused by a faulty window regulator. Replacing the regulator is the only solution.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Cold air intake: This can increase horsepower and improve throttle response.
- Exhaust system upgrade: This can increase power and improve sound.
- Suspension upgrade: This can improve handling and reduce body roll.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Roof racks and cargo carriers
- Bike racks and ski/snowboard carriers
- Audio and entertainment systems
- Performance parts and accessories
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: Spacious and versatile interior, rugged and practical exterior design, good fuel economy, reliable engine.
Weaknesses: Limited rear visibility, firm ride, road noise, noisy cabin.
Visit www.repairloader.com and buy the Honda Element workshop PDF manual with PayPal to access instant download. After completing your secure payment through PayPal, you will be redirected to the checkout page where your original Honda manual and parts list download link will be available. We will also send you an email with all the necessary download information for instant access.