To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Discover how to fix and maintain your powerful sport bike with the aid of the in-depth Buell Motorcycle Company factory service guide (FSM) and detailed workshop/repair manual (PDF).
Specs and Product-Details:
Production year(s): 2008
The following models are encompassed by this manual: XB 12X, XB 12XP, Ulysses Lightning Firebolt, CityX Long Super XB9SX XB12Ss XB12S XB12Scg TT XB12STT / Buell Motorcycle Company
2008 Buell Lightning XB12X Ulysses
2008 Buell Lightning XB12
2008 Buell Lightning XB9
Engine: 1203 cc, 73 cu in, oil cooled/air cooled, V2, four-stroke, 103.0 HP (75.2 kW)) @ 6800 RPM, 113.9 Nm (11.6 kgf-m or 84.0 ft.lbs) @ 6000 RPM, 10.0:1, Injection. 49 mm down draft DDFI III fuel injection, Overhead Valves (OHV),
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revolutionize Your DIY Motorcycle Repair with Our Comprehensive Manual Download for Buell Bikes"
Welcome to the ultimate guide for 2008 Buell XB12X, XB12XP, Ulysses Lightning Firebolt, CityX Long Super XB9SX XB12Ss XB12S XB12Scg TT XB12STT motorcycles. This manual download is an essential resource for every Buell owner, providing detailed information on engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, and more. Whether you're a seasoned mechanic or a DIY enthusiast, this comprehensive manual will be your go-to source for all things Buell.
Engine Specs/Technical Specs:
• The 2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses features a 1203cc Thunderstorm V-Twin engine that produces 103 horsepower and 84 ft-lbs of torque.
• The XB12XP has an impressive 6-speed transmission with helical-cut gears for smooth shifting.
• Both the XB12X and XB12XP models have a dry weight of approximately 465 pounds (211 kg).
• The Ulysses Lightning Firebolt boasts a top speed of 135 mph (217 km/h) thanks to its powerful engine.
• The CityX Long Super XB9SX is equipped with a 984cc Thunderstorm V-Twin engine that delivers 92 horsepower and 70 ft-lbs of torque.
• The XB12Ss Lightning Long features a Showa inverted fork with adjustable compression, rebound damping, and spring preload for superior handling.
• The XB12S Lightning's wheelbase measures 52 inches (1320 mm), providing excellent stability on the road.
• The XB12Scg Lightning Low has a seat height of just 28.6 inches (726 mm), making it accessible for riders of all heights.
• The TT XB12STT features a sport-tuned suspension with fully adjustable Showa front and rear shocks.
• Both the XB12X and XB12XP models have a fuel capacity of 4.4 gallons (16.7 liters), allowing for extended rides.
• The 2008 Buell motorcycles utilize a belt drive system for low maintenance and smooth power delivery.
• The XB12Ss Lightning Long has a 43mm Showa inverted fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping.
• The CityX Long Super XB9SX features a ZTL front brake system with a 375mm rotor for exceptional stopping power.
• The XB12X Ulysses is equipped with a fully adjustable 47mm Showa inverted fork.
• The XB12Scg Lightning Low has a front tire size of 120/70ZR-17 and a rear tire size of 180/55ZR-17.
• The Ulysses Lightning Firebolt features a Buell Interactive Exhaust system, which enhances performance and sound.
• The CityX Long Super XB9SX has an aluminum frame with Uniplanar powertrain vibration isolation system.
• The XB12S Lightning features a Buell ZTL2 front brake with an 8-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
• The TT XB12STT has a dry weight of approximately 400 pounds (181 kg), making it lightweight and agile.
• The XB12XP model features a 54-inch (1372 mm) wheelbase for enhanced stability and handling.
• All 2008 Buell models utilize a 10:1 compression ratio for optimal power delivery and efficiency.
• The XB12X and XB12XP models have a ground clearance of 6.75 inches (171 mm), allowing for confident off-road riding.
• The CityX Long Super XB9SX features a 3.8-gallon (14.4-liter) fuel capacity, ensuring extended rides without frequent refueling stops.
• The XB12Ss Lightning Long has a rake angle of 21 degrees and a trail of 3.3 inches (83.8 mm) for precise steering.
• The XB12S Lightning is equipped with a 5-speed transmission for seamless gear changes.
• The XB12Scg Lightning Low features a compact wheelbase of 52 inches (1321 mm) for easy maneuverability.
• The TT XB12STT has a fuel-injected, air-cooled V-Twin engine for reliable performance.
• The 2008 Buell motorcycles feature an adjustable brake lever and clutch lever for personalized ergonomics.
• The XB12X Ulysses has a fully adjustable Showa rear shock with remote reservoir for optimal suspension performance.
• The XB12XP model has a rear suspension travel of 6.5 inches (165 mm) for a comfortable ride.
• The CityX Long Super XB9SX features a high-tensile steel trellis frame for added strength and durability.
• The XB12Ss Lightning Long utilizes a chain drive system for efficient power transfer and low maintenance.
• The XB12S Lightning has a durable and lightweight aluminum swingarm.
• The XB12Scg Lightning Low features a 3.5-inch (89 mm) trail for precise steering response.
• The TT XB12STT is equipped with Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires for excellent grip and performance.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The 2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses was designed as an adventure touring motorcycle, capable of tackling both on-road and off-road terrains.
- Buell motorcycles are known for their distinctive design, featuring a fuel-in-frame chassis, which helps to lower the center of gravity and improve handling.
- Erik Buell, the founder of Buell Motorcycle Company, was a former engineer at Harley-Davidson before starting his own company.
- The XB12XP is a police edition of the Ulysses, specifically designed for law enforcement agencies with added features like a 12-volt accessory outlet and additional lighting.
- The CityX Long Super XB9SX has a unique urban styling, with a distinctive headlight grille and a high handlebar for comfortable city riding.
- The TT XB12STT was designed for both street and track use, offering a versatile riding experience for enthusiasts.
- The XB12Ss Lightning Long is a longer and more comfortable version of the XB12S Lightning, aimed at riders who prefer a relaxed riding position.
- The XB12Scg Lightning Low caters to riders with a shorter inseam, making it an accessible option for those who might struggle with taller motorcycles.
- Buell motorcycles are known for their innovative braking systems, featuring a single perimeter-mounted disc brake for reduced unsprung weight and improved stopping power.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
- Engine oil and filter change: Every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or every 6 months, whichever comes first.
- Primary chaincase fluid change: Every 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Spark plug replacement: Every 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Drive belt inspection and adjustment: Every 2,500 miles (4,000 km) or every 3 months, whichever comes first.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- Stator failure: The stator on these motorcycles is known to fail due to overheating. To prevent this issue, ensure proper ventilation and consider upgrading to a high-quality aftermarket stator.
- Voltage regulator issues: Some Buell models have experienced voltage regulator failures. If you notice charging issues or fluctuating voltage, inspect the regulator and replace it if necessary.
- Clutch cable wear: Inspect the clutch cable regularly for signs of wear or fraying and replace it as needed to prevent sudden failure.
- Fuel pump issues: Some riders have reported fuel pump problems on these models. If you notice issues with fuel delivery or performance, inspect the fuel pump and replace it if necessary.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Performance exhaust: Installing an aftermarket performance exhaust can improve both the sound and performance of your Buell motorcycle.
- High-flow air filter: Replacing the stock air filter with a high-flow aftermarket option can help increase horsepower and throttle response.
- Engine control module (ECM) tuning: Custom tuning the ECM can help optimize performance, fuel efficiency, and throttle response.
- Suspension upgrades: Upgrading the front and rear suspension components can improve handling and ride comfort, especially for aggressive riding or track use.
- Braking system upgrades: Installing higher-performance brake pads and rotors can improve stopping power and brake feel.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Windshields: A variety of windshields are available for these motorcycles, offering improved wind protection for increased comfort on long rides.
- Luggage systems: Hard and soft luggage options are available to expand storage capacity for touring and commuting.
- Crash bars and engine guards: Installing crash bars or engine guards can provide added protection for your motorcycle in case of a fall or accident.
- Comfort seats: Aftermarket seats can offer improved comfort and support for long-distance riding.
- Heated grips: Installing heated grips can make riding in cold weather more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Unique and aggressive styling that stands out from other motorcycles.
- Innovative engineering, such as the fuel-in-frame design and ZTL braking system.
- Strong torque and overall performance from the V-Twin engines.
- Versatility in handling different types of terrain and riding conditions.
- Some owners have reported reliability issues with certain components, such as the stator and voltage regulator.
- Limited dealership and service network compared to other motorcycle brands.
- Some riders may find the stock suspension setup too stiff for their preferences.
Don't wait any longer – buy your Buell PDF repair manual at www.repairloader.com and start your DIY journey today! Secure payment via PayPal, and get ready to download in no time. Once your payment is securely processed, your original Buell service manual and parts list download link will be immediately available on the checkout page. Additionally, we'll send you all necessary download information via email, ensuring you have everything you need right after your purchase.