Repair your sport bike: Download the PDF version of the original Yamaha Motor Company R6, YZFR6 repair manual (instant download).
Production/model years: 2005, 2006, 2007
This manual applies to the following models: R6, YZFR6 / Yamaha Motor Company
Engine: 600 cc, 36.61 ci, liquid cooled, In-line four, four-stroke, 65.5 x 44.5 mm (2.6 x 1.8 inches), 12.4:1, 4 valves per cylinder, DOHC.
Manual Language: English
Manual format: PDF / e-book (zip)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revive Your Ride with the Ultimate Repair Manual Download for 2005-2007 Yamaha R6, YZFR6!"
Introducing the comprehensive and indispensable repair manual download specifically designed for the 2005-2007 Yamaha R6, YZFR6 sport bikes! This all-inclusive guide covers everything from engine specs and technical details to maintenance tips, tuning recommendations, and aftermarket accessories. Enhance your knowledge and keep your motorcycle running at peak performance with this ultimate resource.
Engine and Technical Specs for the 2005-2007 Yamaha R6, YZFR6:
• The engine is a liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, inline-four, displacing 599cc.
• It boasts a bore and stroke of 67.0 x 42.5 mm, providing a high-revving powerplant.
• The compression ratio is a healthy 12.8:1, ensuring efficient combustion.
• Yamaha's YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) technology is incorporated for precise throttle control.
• Fuel injection is managed by dual 45mm throttle bodies with 12-hole injectors.
• A close-ratio, 6-speed transmission ensures smooth and quick shifts.
• The engine generates a remarkable 127 horsepower at 14,500 RPM.
• Maximum torque is achieved at 11,500 RPM, producing 48 lb-ft.
• The exhaust system features Yamaha's EXUP (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) for optimized performance.
• The motorcycle employs a twin-spar aluminum frame for reduced weight and increased rigidity.
• The front suspension is a fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork with 120mm of travel.
• The rear suspension is a fully adjustable piggyback shock with 120mm of travel.
• Dual 310mm floating discs with radial-mount 4-piston calipers provide impressive stopping power at the front.
• A single 220mm disc with a single-piston caliper handles rear braking duties.
• The wheelbase measures 1,380mm, ensuring agile handling.
• A 17-inch front wheel and 17-inch rear wheel are fitted with 120/70 ZR17 and 180/55 ZR17 tires, respectively.
• The wet weight of the motorcycle is approximately 189 kg (417 lbs).
• The fuel tank holds up to 17.5 liters (4.6 gallons) for extended range.
• The seat height is set at a comfortable 850mm (33.5 inches).
• A digital instrument panel provides all necessary information for the rider.
• An aerodynamic fairing design contributes to the bike's aggressive looks and wind protection.
• The available colors for these models are Yamaha Blue, Raven, and Pearl White.
• The 2005-2007 Yamaha R6, YZFR6 are designed for both street and track use.
• Yamaha's Deltabox frame technology offers excellent rigidity and balance.
• The steering damper aids in stability during high-speed riding.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The 2005-2007 Yamaha R6, YZFR6 was one of the first production motorcycles to utilize a fly-by-wire throttle system.
- In 2006, Yamaha introduced the R6S, a more street-focused version of the R6 with slightly detuned performance and a lower price.
- The R6 was the first motorcycle to feature Yamaha's YCC-I (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake) system, which varies intake tract length for improved performance.
- The 2005-2007 R6 was a popular choice among professional racers and track day enthusiasts due to its impressive power and handling capabilities.
- The R6 has won numerous championships in various racing categories, including the Supersport World Championship and AMA Pro Daytona Sportbike Championship.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, Common Issues, and Solutions:
- Yamaha recommends changing the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles or six months, whichever comes first.
- Inspect and clean the air filter every 6,000 miles, replacing it if necessary.
- Replace the spark plugs every 8,000 miles.
- Check and adjust the valve clearance every 26,000 miles.
- Inspect the brake pads and discs regularly for wear and replace them when necessary.
- Lubricate the chain and check its tension every 600 miles, replacing it when it has reached the end of its service life.
- One common issue with the 2005-2007 R6 is the regulator/rectifier failure, which can be resolved by replacing it with an upgraded unit.
- Another issue is the cam chain tensioner, which can cause a rattling noise; a manual cam chain tensioner can be installed to address this issue.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrade the exhaust system to an aftermarket performance exhaust for improved power and a more aggressive sound.
- Install a power commander or fuel controller to optimize the fueling for improved throttle response and performance.
- Upgrade the air filter to a high-flow unit for better engine breathing.
- Change the final drive sprockets to alter the gear ratio for better acceleration or top speed, depending on your preference.
- Upgrade the suspension components for improved handling, especially if you participate in track days or competitive racing.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Frame sliders to protect the motorcycle's frame and fairings in the event of a fall.
- Fender eliminators to clean up the rear end and enhance the bike's aesthetics.
- LED turn signals and tail lights for improved visibility and style.
- Adjustable rear sets for customizable footpeg positions and increased comfort.
- Performance brake pads and stainless steel brake lines for improved braking performance.
- Aftermarket windscreens for better wind protection and reduced wind noise.
- Tank grips and pads for increased rider control and comfort.
- Exceptional power delivery and high-revving engine.
- Agile handling and responsive chassis.
- Attractive and aerodynamic design.
- Reliable and durable, with proper maintenance.
- Less comfortable for long-distance riding due to the aggressive riding position.
- Some owners report issues with the regulator/rectifier and cam chain tensioner, as mentioned above.
To initiate the OEM sport bike PDF purchase on www.repairloader.com, press the orange icon and securely complete your transaction with PayPal. Once your payment is securely processed, the authentic Yamaha manual and parts list download link will be displayed on the confirmation page. Additionally, we will email you all necessary download details instantly.
Price: 18.99 USD