To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Fix/Overhaul your sport motorcycle: Download the PDF version of the original Suzuki GSX-R 600 repair and shop manual (instant download).
Specs and Product-Details:
Production/model years: 2006, 2007
The manual is valid for the following models: GSX-R 600 / Suzuki Motor Corporation
Engine: 599 cc (36.6 cu in), 4-stroke, inline four, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 67.0 mm — 42.5 mm (2.64 in — 1.67 in) , 12.5:1 / 12.8:1, 125BHP (93kW) @ 13,330 rpm / 125BHP (93kW).
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Fix It Like a Pro: Download the Suzuki GSX-R 600 Repair Manual Today!"
Welcome to the ultimate resource for Suzuki GSX-R 600 owners. With our downloadable repair manual, you'll have access to engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, accessory options, owner reviews, and much more. Get ready to take control of your motorcycle's maintenance and keep it running at its best.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Engine Type: The GSX-R 600 is powered by a 599cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four engine known for its high-revving performance and smooth power delivery.
• Bore and Stroke: The engine has a bore and stroke measurement of approximately 67.0mm x 42.5mm, contributing to its responsive and lively character.
• Compression Ratio: The compression ratio is around 12.5:1, allowing for efficient combustion and optimal power output.
• Fuel System: It features electronic fuel injection (EFI) for precise fuel delivery and improved throttle response.
• Transmission: The bike offers a 6-speed constant mesh transmission for seamless gear shifts and a wide range of gear ratios.
• Suspension: The front suspension consists of inverted telescopic forks with adjustable preload, rebound, and compression damping. The rear suspension • features a link-type monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound, and compression damping.
• Brakes: It is equipped with dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake for strong and reliable stopping power.
• Tire Size: The front tire size is approximately 120/70-ZR17, while the rear tire size is around 180/55-ZR17, offering a balance of grip and stability.
• Fuel Capacity: The fuel tank has a capacity of approximately 17.0 liters, allowing for longer rides without frequent refueling.
• Seat Height: The seat height is around 810mm, providing a comfortable riding position for most riders.
• Weight: The bike has a curb weight of approximately 161kg, contributing to its nimble handling and maneuverability.
Facts and Details:
- The GSX-R 600 features a twin-spar aluminum frame, providing excellent rigidity and lightweight construction for enhanced performance.
- It incorporates advanced aerodynamics with a distinctive fairing design, offering improved high-speed stability and reduced drag.
- The bike is equipped with a multi-function instrument cluster that displays vital information such as speed, rpm, fuel level, and more.
- It features an inverted front fork design derived from Suzuki's racing experience, providing precise and responsive handling.
- The GSX-R 600 utilizes advanced braking technology with its radial-mounted brake calipers, offering exceptional braking performance and control.
- It comes with an adjustable footpeg position, allowing riders to customize their riding ergonomics for comfort and control.
- The bike features a high-performance exhaust system designed to enhance power delivery and produce an exhilarating exhaust note.
- It incorporates Suzuki's Traction Control System (TCS) to enhance traction during acceleration and cornering, providing added safety and confidence.
- The GSX-R 600 utilizes a slipper clutch, reducing rear-wheel hop during aggressive downshifting for improved stability.
- It features an advanced engine management system with multiple engine modes, allowing riders to tailor the power delivery to their preferences and riding conditions.
- The bike comes with a range of advanced safety features, including a programmable shift light, LED taillight, and Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) for optimized performance.
- Oil Change: It is recommended to change the engine oil and oil filter every 3,000 to 4,000 miles or at least once a year, whichever comes first.
- Air Filter: Inspect and clean the air filter every 6,000 to 8,000 miles or as needed. Replace if it's damaged or excessively dirty.
- Spark Plugs: Replace the spark plugs every 8,000 to 12,000 miles or as specified in the owner's manual. Ensure they are properly gapped.
- Chain Maintenance: Lubricate and adjust the chain regularly to maintain proper tension and reduce wear. Clean the chain with a suitable chain cleaner and brush.
- Brake Fluid: Check the brake fluid level and condition every 6,000 to 8,000 miles. Replace the brake fluid every 1-2 years, depending on usage and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Cooling System: Inspect the coolant level and condition regularly. Flush and replace the coolant every 2-3 years or as specified in the owner's manual.
- Brake Pads and Rotors: Inspect the brake pads and rotors for wear and replace as necessary. Pay attention to any unusual noise or decreased braking performance.
- Suspension Components: Check the front forks and rear shock absorber for leaks, damage, or abnormal play. Ensure proper suspension settings according to rider weight and riding conditions.
General Maintenance Tips:
- Keep the bike clean and free from dirt, debris, and corrosive substances. Regularly wash and wax the bodywork to maintain its appearance and protect the paint.
- Check the tire pressure regularly and ensure they are properly inflated for optimal handling and safety. Replace worn-out tires promptly.
- Inspect the battery terminals for corrosion and clean them if necessary. Ensure the battery is properly charged, and use a battery tender if the bike is not frequently ridden.
- Regularly inspect the clutch and throttle cables for smooth operation. Lubricate them as needed to prevent binding or excessive wear.
- Keep an eye on the brake lever and clutch lever for proper adjustment and smooth operation. Adjust if necessary to ensure comfortable and precise control.
- Check all lights, including headlights, taillights, turn signals, and brake lights, to ensure they are functioning properly. Replace any burnt-out bulbs immediately.
- Regularly inspect the drive chain for proper tension and lubrication. Adjust and lubricate as needed to prevent excessive wear and ensure smooth power transmission.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- Fueling Issues: Some owners have reported fueling issues, such as rough idling or hesitation during acceleration. Ensure the fuel system is clean and free from any clogs or debris. Consider using a fuel injector cleaner additive or have the fuel injectors professionally cleaned.
- Electrical Problems: Occasionally, electrical issues may arise, such as a malfunctioning instrument cluster or non-responsive controls. Check the wiring connections, fuses, and relays for any loose or damaged components. If necessary, consult a professional technician for diagnosis and repair.
- Cooling System Leaks: Some riders have experienced coolant leaks, which can lead to overheating. Regularly inspect the cooling system hoses, radiator, and water pump for leaks or damage. Replace any faulty components and ensure proper coolant levels and mixture.
- Clutch Slipping: A slipping clutch can affect power delivery and cause poor acceleration. Inspect the clutch plates and springs for wear and replace them if necessary. Ensure proper clutch cable adjustment and lubrication.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Exhaust System Upgrade: Installing a high-performance aftermarket exhaust system can improve both power and sound. Choose a system that is compatible with your bike and consider getting a professional tune to optimize performance.
- ECU Flash or Power Commander: Upgrading the bike's engine control unit (ECU) or using a Power Commander can provide better fuel mapping and optimize performance for your specific modifications.
- Air Filter Upgrade: Replacing the stock air filter with a high-flow aftermarket filter can improve air intake and increase horsepower. Make sure to choose a filter that is compatible with your bike's intake system.
- Suspension Upgrades: Upgrading the front forks and rear shock absorber with aftermarket options can enhance the bike's handling and stability, especially during aggressive riding or track days.
- Lightened Sprockets: Swapping the stock sprockets for lighter ones can improve acceleration and throttle response. However, keep in mind that it may slightly reduce top speed.
- Adjustable Rearsets: Installing adjustable rearsets can provide a more comfortable riding position and better control by allowing you to customize the footpeg position.
- Braided Brake Lines: Upgrading to braided stainless steel brake lines can improve brake feel and responsiveness by reducing brake line flex and improving brake fluid pressure.
- Frame Sliders: Adding frame sliders can help protect your bike's frame and fairings in the event of a fall or slide. They can minimize damage and save you from expensive repairs.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Windshields and Screens: Various options are available, including tinted or double-bubble windshields, which can improve aerodynamics and reduce wind buffeting.
- Rearsets and Footpegs: Aftermarket rearsets and footpegs offer adjustability, improved grip, and enhanced rider comfort.
- Frame Sliders and Crash Protection: Protect your bike with frame sliders, engine covers, and other crash protection accessories designed to minimize - damage in case of a fall or accident.
- Performance Brake Pads and Rotors: Upgrading to high-performance brake pads and rotors can improve braking performance and reduce stopping distance.
- LED Lighting Kits: Enhance visibility and give your bike a modern look with LED lighting kits for headlights, taillights, and turn signals.
- Performance Air Filters and Intake Systems: Upgrade your bike's air filter and intake system to improve airflow and increase horsepower.
- Adjustable Levers: Adjustable brake and clutch levers allow customization of lever reach and can improve comfort and control for riders with different hand sizes.
- Rear Seat Cowl: Replace the rear passenger seat with a stylish cowl for a sleek, solo look.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strengths: Owners appreciate the bike's powerful engine, agile handling, and aggressive styling. The GSX-R 600 offers a great balance between sportiness and everyday usability.
Weaknesses: Some owners have mentioned that the stock suspension setup can be a bit firm for rough roads or long-distance touring. Additionally, the seating position may feel aggressive for riders seeking more comfort on extended rides.
Purchase the Suzuki GSX-R 600 PDF repair manual from our trusted online store, and get ready to master the art of fixing and maintaining your bike. Just click the 'buy' button and complete your secure PayPal/credit card transaction to instantly download your comprehensive shop handbook.
Your official Suzuki OEM repair manual and parts list can be easily downloaded by following a few simple steps. Just click the green button to purchase the PDF version of the manual from our website, complete your secure PayPal or credit card transaction, and instantly gain access to your comprehensive guide. We will provide you with all the necessary download information you need, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. Get started on fixing and maintaining your Suzuki with confidence and convenience.