To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Repair your outboard motor: Johnson Evinrude service guide and workshop / repair manual (PDF).
Production/model years: 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
This manual applies to the following models: 48 hp -235 hp / Johnson
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Discover the Secrets of the 1973-1989 Johnson Evinrude Outboard Motor with Our Manual!"
If you are a fan of classic outboard motors, you will surely love the Johnson Evinrude models from the 1970s and 1980s. These engines were built to last, with powerful performances and reliable technologies that made them favorites among boaters worldwide. In this manual, we have gathered all the technical specifications and engine specs you need to know to maintain and repair your 1973-1989 Johnson Evinrude outboard motor, from the 48 hp models to the 235 hp models.
20 Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Engine type: Two-stroke, inline, V4 or V6
• Ignition system: CDI or magneto
• Fuel system: Carbureted or fuel-injected
• Power output: 48-235 horsepower
• Displacement: 56-358 cubic inches
• Bore x Stroke: 3.0 x 2.6 inches to 3.6 x 2.6 inches
• Compression ratio: 6:1 to 8.5:1
• Cooling system: Water-cooled
• Gear ratio: 1.85:1 to 2.44:1
• Weight: 138-452 lbs
• Starting system: Manual or electric
• Lubrication system: Oil injection or pre-mix
• Recommended fuel type: 87-octane gasoline
• Recommended oil type: TC-W3 outboard oil
• Shaft length: 15-30 inches
• Steering system: Tiller or remote
• Trim system: Manual or hydraulic
• Alternator output: 6-35 amps
• Spark plug gap: 0.030-0.035 inches
• Maximum RPM range: 4,500-6,000
Click on the green button to purchase the manual and get instant access to all the technical specifications and engine specs you need to maintain and repair your 1973-1989 Johnson Evinrude outboard motor. Our website, www.repairloader.com, offers a fast and easy checkout process with PayPal.
Once you complete your purchase through PayPal on our website, www.repairloader.com, we will promptly send you an email with all the download information you need to access our comprehensive manual for the 1973-1989 Johnson Evinrude outboard motor, so you can get started on maintaining and repairing your engine right away.