Total pages: 452
Model / manufacturer: 317, 300 Series / John Deere built in: Horicon, Wisconsin, USA
Engine: Kohler KT17QS, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, horizontal-shaft, 691 cc, 42.18 ci, 3.125x2.750 inches, 79 x 70 mm, 17 hp, 12.7 kW
Production year(s): 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983.
Publication number: TM1208
Manual Language: English
Manual format: PDF / e-book
ENGINE - SN (11,025,873-)
John Deere Sabre 1948GV, 1948HV, 2148HV, 2354HV, 2554HV 2002 Yard Garden Tractor Technical Manual
manufacturer (brand): 1948GV/ 1948HV, 2148HV, 2354HV, 2554HV, Yard Series / John Deere, Sabre, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
Details 1948GV / 1948HV engine: Kohler CV20S,
Carburetor - Engine SN (-11,053.429)
Carburetor - Engine SN (11,053.430-)
Engine specification number 24300 onwards
John Deere Sabre 2048HV, 2254HV, 2554HV Garden Tractor Technical Manual - TM1741
1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
Model / manufacturer: 2048HV, 2254HV, 2554HV, Garden Series / John Deere (Sabre) built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA or Greeneville, Tennessee,
11 tech specs and repair tips for the John Deere 317 garden tractor:
1. Engine: The John Deere 317 garden tractor is equipped with a Kohler K341 single-cylinder engine with a displacement of 14 horsepower.
2. Transmission: The tractor features a hydrostatic transmission, which allows for infinite speed control and smooth operation.
3. Steering: The 317 garden tractor has a manual steering system, which allows for precise control and maneuverability.
4. Deck: The tractor is equipped with a 42-inch mower deck, allowing for efficient and precise cutting.
5. Tires: The 317 garden tractor is fitted with 15x6.00-6 front tires and 20x8.00-8 rear tires for stability and traction.
6. Weight: The tractor weighs in at 562 pounds, which makes it easy to maneuver on a lawn.
7. Cutting Height: The cutting height on the 317 garden tractor can be adjusted between 1.5 and 4 inches.
8. Maintenance: The 317 garden tractor requires regular oil and filter changes, as well as regular cleaning of the air filter and spark plug.
9. Battery Maintenance: The tractor is equipped with a 12-volt battery that should be checked regularly and maintained to ensure proper function.
10. Blade Maintenance: The mower deck on the 317 garden tractor should be regularly inspected and sharpened to ensure optimal cutting performance.
11. Troubleshooting: If the tractor is experiencing problems, check the owner's manual for troubleshooting tips or consult a John Deere dealer for repair advice.
If you own a 1983 John Deere 317 garden tractor, it's important to know how to fix it when something goes wrong. The first step in repairing your tractor is to acquire the proper manual, such as the John Deere Technical Manual TM1208. This manual contains detailed schematics and instructions for the tractor's engine, including the carburetor.
Once you have the manual, you can begin to troubleshoot the issue. The manual should have a section dedicated to troubleshooting common problems with the tractor. This section should provide a list of symptoms and the corresponding repairs that need to be made.
If you are unsure of what the problem is, you can start by checking the carburetor. The manual should contain detailed schematics of the carburetor, which can help you identify any issues with the carburetor or other engine components.
Once you have identified the problem, you can begin making the necessary repairs. The manual should provide detailed instructions on how to make the repairs, including any tools that you will need. It's important to follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the tractor or making the problem worse.
It is important to keep in mind that some repairs may require more expertise than others. In these cases, it may be best to take your tractor to a professional for repair.
In any case, it is important to use the manual as a guide for all repairs. It will provide you with the information you need to properly diagnose and fix the problem. It's also a good idea to keep a copy of the manual handy, in case you need to refer to it again in the future.
In conclusion, fixing a 1983 John Deere 317 garden tractor requires the right manual and a bit of troubleshooting. With the proper manual, you can easily identify the problem and make the necessary repairs. Remember to use the manual as a guide for all repairs, and keep a copy of the manual handy for future reference.