To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: NP 6512, 6612 NP 7120, NP 7130, NP 7130F / Canon Inc
Canon NP 6512 (1990-1995)
Canon NP 6612 (1990-1995)
Canon NP 7120 (1991-1995)
Canon NP 7130 (1991-1995)
Canon NP 7130F (1991-1995)
Manual Language: English
Number of pages: 426
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Manual for the Canon NP 6512, 6612 NP 7120, NP 7130, NP 7130F Copier, a Comprehensive Guide for Efficient Operation"
The Canon NP 6512, 6612 NP 7120, NP 7130, NP 7130F copiers are reliable and efficient machines designed to meet the document reproduction needs of businesses and offices. These copiers offer a range of features to streamline document processing, including high-quality printing, scanning, and copying capabilities. Whether you own a Canon copier or are interested in learning more about its technical specifications, maintenance tips, popular modifications, and owner reviews, this comprehensive guide provides all the information you need for efficient operation.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Canon NP 6512, 6612 NP 7120, NP 7130, and NP 7130F copiers are equipped with an electrostatic transfer system, delivering high-quality prints and copies.
• They feature a paper handling capacity of approximately 500 sheets, ensuring efficient document processing without frequent paper reloads.
• The copiers utilize a single-component dry process, eliminating the need for wet ink or toner cartridges.
• The printing and copying speed of these models ranges from approximately 12 to 30 pages per minute (ppm), depending on the specific model.
• They support various paper sizes, including letter, legal, and ledger-sized documents, providing versatility for different document requirements.
• The copiers offer a resolution of approximately 600 x 600 dots per inch (dpi), ensuring sharp and clear text and images.
• They are equipped with automatic document feeders (ADF) capable of handling approximately 50 to 100 sheets, allowing for efficient batch scanning and copying.
• These models support duplex printing, enabling automatic double-sided printing for cost and paper-saving benefits.
• The Canon copiers feature a warm-up time of approximately 30 to 60 seconds, ensuring quick startup and minimal waiting time.
• They offer multiple paper trays, allowing for simultaneous loading of different paper types or sizes.
• The copiers come with various scanning options, including color scanning and scan-to-email or scan-to-folder functionalities.
• They feature intuitive control panels with LCD displays, providing easy access to various settings and functions.
• The copiers offer zoom capabilities, allowing for adjustable copy sizes ranging from 50% to 200%.
• They are compatible with various network protocols, enabling seamless integration into office networks for efficient printing and scanning.
• The Canon copiers have a duty cycle of approximately 10,000 to 30,000 pages per month, suitable for medium to heavy-duty document processing.
• They feature energy-saving modes, reducing power consumption during idle periods and contributing to energy efficiency.
• The copiers are designed with durable construction and components, ensuring reliability and longevity in demanding office environments.
• These models offer USB connectivity, allowing for direct printing and scanning from USB flash drives.
Facts and Details:
- The Canon NP 6512, 6612 NP 7120, NP 7130, and NP 7130F copiers are part of Canon's NP series, known for their reliable performance and cost-effective document reproduction.
- These copiers are suitable for small to medium-sized businesses or offices with moderate document processing needs.
- They offer versatile functionality, including printing, copying, and scanning, making them suitable for a range of office tasks.
- The copiers are designed with user-friendly features, allowing for easy operation and minimal training requirements.
- Canon copiers are known for their consistent print quality and sharp image reproduction, ensuring professional-looking documents.
- These models utilize advanced toner and imaging technologies, providing excellent image density and clarity.
- The Canon copiers offer quick warm-up times, allowing for efficient operation and minimal waiting.
- They feature reliable paper feeding mechanisms, reducing the risk of paper jams and ensuring uninterrupted document processing.
- Owners appreciate the compact size and space-saving design of these copiers, making them suitable for small office environments.
- The copiers are designed for easy maintenance, with user-replaceable consumables and accessible paper paths for jam clearance.
- Canon provides comprehensive customer support and service, ensuring prompt assistance for any technical issues or questions.
- Owners appreciate the reliable after-sales support and availability of genuine Canon parts for maintenance and repairs.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular Maintenance: Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for cleaning, lubrication, and replacement of consumables such as toner cartridges and drum units.
► Cleaning: Regularly clean the scanning glass, paper feed rollers, and other accessible areas to prevent dust or debris from affecting print quality.
► Paper Quality: Use high-quality paper suitable for copiers to prevent paper jams and ensure smooth document processing.
► Toner Management: Monitor toner levels regularly and replace cartridges as needed to maintain optimal print quality.
► Paper Jam Prevention: Load paper properly and avoid overloading the paper trays to prevent paper jams. Follow the recommended paper weight and size guidelines.
► Common Issues: Some common issues with copiers may include paper jams, image quality problems, and error codes. Consulting the user manual or contacting Canon support can help troubleshoot and resolve these issues effectively.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrade Paper Trays: If the copier's paper capacity is insufficient for your needs, consider upgrading to higher-capacity paper trays or adding additional paper handling accessories.
* Network Integration: Utilize the copier's network capabilities to enable printing and scanning from multiple computers or devices within the office network.
* Security Features: Explore the copier's built-in security features, such as user authentication or secure printing, to protect sensitive documents and data.
Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options for Canon Copiers:
■ Additional Paper Trays: Expand the paper capacity by adding extra paper trays for different paper sizes or types.
■ Finishers: Install finishers for stapling, hole-punching, and booklet-making capabilities.
■ Print Server: Add a print server for enhanced network connectivity and management.
■ Document Feeder: Upgrade to a higher-capacity automatic document feeder for increased scanning and copying efficiency.
■ Card Reader: Install a card reader for secure user authentication and access control.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the reliable performance, consistent print quality, and user-friendly features of Canon copiers. They find them suitable for small to medium-sized offices.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners have mentioned occasional paper jamming issues or the need for more advanced features in higher-volume environments.
Repairs Most Frequently Needed and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ Toner Cartridge Replacement: Toner cartridges need regular replacement to maintain optimal print quality and avoid fading or streaking.
→ Drum Unit Replacement: Drum units may require replacement after a certain number of copies or when print quality deteriorates.
→ Paper Feed Roller Replacement: Paper feed rollers may wear out over time and need replacement to ensure consistent paper feeding.
→ Fuser Unit Repair/Replacement: The fuser unit, responsible for bonding toner to paper, may require repair or replacement if print quality issues such as smudging or creasing occur.
→ Imaging Unit Replacement: The imaging unit, which transfers the image onto the paper, may need replacement if print quality becomes blurry or distorted.
→ Transfer Belt Replacement: The transfer belt, responsible for transferring the image from the drum to the paper, may require replacement if print quality issues occur.
→ Waste Toner Container Replacement: The waste toner container collects excess toner, and it may need replacement when full to prevent spills and maintain print quality.
→ Developer Unit Replacement: The developer unit, which supplies toner to the drum, may require replacement if print quality becomes inconsistent or faded.
→ Power Supply Repair/Replacement: Issues with the power supply, such as power surges or failures, may require repair or replacement to restore proper operation.
→ Control Panel Repairs: If the control panel becomes unresponsive or displays errors, repairs may be needed to restore proper functionality.
→ Cleaning Unit Maintenance: The cleaning unit, responsible for removing excess toner or debris, may require cleaning or replacement if it becomes clogged or worn.
Click the button below to access the comprehensive PDF manual for fixing your Canon copier. Upon completion of your payment, you will receive a download link for the official Canon OEM shop manual/parts catalog on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment confirmation.