The specified models are covered within the manual: V Star 950, XVS950, DragStar 950 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
2009 Yamaha V Star 950
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2011 Yamaha V Star 950
2012 Yamaha V Star 950
2013 Yamaha V Star 950
Serial Number List (examples):
2009 Yamaha V Star 950: JYAVN01E89A000101
2010 Yamaha V Star 950: JYAVN01E9AA003001
2011 Yamaha V Star 950: JYAVN01E6BA004501
Production/model years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Enhance Your Ride with a Manual Download for the 2009-2013 Yamaha V Star 950, XVS950, DragStar 950"
Unlock the full potential of your 2009-2013 Yamaha V Star 950, XVS950, or DragStar 950 with a detailed manual download. Whether you're a proud owner or considering getting one of these exceptional bikes, this comprehensive guide will provide you with engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, available accessories, and more. Read on to discover everything you need to know about the Yamaha V Star 950, XVS950, and DragStar 950.
• Engine Type: Air-cooled, V-twin
• Displacement: 942 cc
• Bore x Stroke: 85.0 mm x 83.0 mm
• Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
• Fuel System: Fuel injection
• Ignition: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
• Starting System: Electric
• Lubrication: Wet sump
• Transmission: 5-speed
• Final Drive: Belt
• Front Suspension: Telescopic fork
• Front Suspension Travel: 5.3 inches (135 mm)
• Rear Suspension: Adjustable link-type monocross
• Rear Suspension Travel: 4.3 inches (110 mm)
• Front Brake: Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
• Rear Brake: Hydraulic disc, 298 mm
• Front Tire: 130/70-18
• Rear Tire: 170/70-16
• Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
• Overall Length: 95.9 inches (2,435 mm)
• Overall Width: 38.6 inches (980 mm)
• Overall Height: 41.7 inches (1,060 mm)
• Seat Height: 26.6 inches (675 mm)
• Wheelbase: 66.3 inches (1,685 mm)
• Ground Clearance: 5.7 inches (145 mm)
• Dry Weight: 657 lbs (298 kg)
• Frame Type: Double cradle steel
Facts and Details:
- The V Star 950, XVS950, and DragStar 950 are part of Yamaha's cruiser motorcycle lineup, offering a comfortable and stylish riding experience.
- These bikes feature a smooth and responsive 942 cc V-twin engine, delivering ample power for both city cruising and open road touring.
- Yamaha's fuel injection system ensures precise fuel delivery, resulting in excellent throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- The belt final drive system provides low maintenance and quiet operation.
- They boast a low seat height and a relaxed riding position, making them accessible to riders of varying heights and experience levels.
- The wide front and rear tires contribute to stability and handling, providing confident cornering and a smooth ride.
- LED taillights and turn signals enhance visibility and add a modern touch to the bikes' aesthetics.
- The telescopic front fork and adjustable rear suspension offer a balanced and comfortable ride, even on uneven road surfaces.
- These models come with a spacious fuel tank, allowing for extended rides without frequent refueling.
- The dual hydraulic disc brakes provide reliable stopping power and feature Yamaha's advanced braking system.
- The V Star 950 Tourer variant offers additional touring features such as a windshield, saddlebags, and a passenger backrest.
- The DragStar 950 Stryker variant features a more aggressive and customized appearance with a chopper-inspired design.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Oil Change Interval: Every 3,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first.
- Regularly inspect and clean the air filter for optimal airflow and engine performance.
- Check and adjust the belt tension as per the manufacturer's recommendations to prevent slippage.
- Keep the tires properly inflated and inspect for signs of wear regularly.
- Lubricate the throttle and clutch cables to ensure smooth operation.
- Common issues include battery drain, fuel pump failure, and clutch slippage.
- Solution for battery drain: Check for electrical system faults and ensure all accessories are turned off when the bike is not in use.
- Solution for fuel pump failure: Replace the faulty fuel pump with a new one from a reputable manufacturer.
- Solution for clutch slippage: Adjust the clutch cable tension or replace worn clutch plates.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Upgrade the exhaust system for improved performance and a deeper, more aggressive sound.
- Install a high-flow air intake to enhance the engine's airflow and increase power output.
- Consider adding a fuel management system for precise fuel tuning and optimized performance.
- Upgrade the suspension components, such as shocks and springs, for improved ride quality and handling.
- Install a windshield or fairing to improve wind protection and rider comfort on long rides.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Windshields: Various sizes and styles for added wind protection.
- Saddlebags: Expand your storage capacity with durable and stylish saddlebags.
- Passenger Backrest: Enhance passenger comfort and provide additional support.
- Custom Seats: Opt for a more personalized and comfortable seat option for long-distance rides.
- Exhaust Systems: Choose from a variety of aftermarket exhaust options for improved performance and sound.
- LED Lighting Kits: Upgrade your bike's lighting system with brighter and more efficient LED lights.
- Chrome Accessories: Enhance the bike's aesthetics with chrome accents and accessories.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Smooth and responsive engine performance, suitable for both relaxed cruising and spirited riding.
- Comfortable riding position and a low seat height that accommodates a wide range of riders.
- Solid build quality and reliability, typical of Yamaha motorcycles.
- Good fuel efficiency, allowing for long-distance rides without frequent refueling.
- Stylish and eye-catching design that stands out on the road.
- Some riders may find the stock seat uncomfortable for extended periods and opt for aftermarket seat options.
- Limited ground clearance may limit aggressive cornering and off-road capabilities.
- The stock suspension setup may benefit from upgrades for riders seeking sportier handling characteristics.
Begin your repair journey by purchasing the Yamaha PDF manual from RepairLoader with a secure PayPal transaction. Simply click the green button to access your detailed shop handbook.
Once your secure payment via PayPal is completed, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be presented on the checkout page. Moreover, you will instantly receive an email containing all the necessary information to download your manual.
Price: 18.99 USD