To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below.
The following models are included in this manual: Grizzly 600 / Yamaha Corporation
- 1998 Yamaha Grizzly 600
- 1999 Yamaha Grizzly 600
- 2000 Yamaha Grizzly 600
- 2001 Yamaha Grizzly 600
Engine: 595cc, four-stroke
Production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Number of pages: 350+
Language: English (some of our manuals are multi-language)
More information: Get/buy your 1998-2001 Yamaha Grizzly 600 manual here for instant download
Table of Contents
- General Information
- Periodic Checks and Adjustments
- Cooling System
- Fuel System
- Electrical System
Please note that the following table of contents is a partial overview and does not cover all the sections and topics included in the manual. It provides a glimpse of the manual's content.
The 1998-2001 Yamaha Grizzly 600 manual is an essential resource for mechanics, technicians, and owners as it provides detailed instructions, diagrams, and specifications for servicing, maintenance, and repairs of the Yamaha Grizzly 600 ATV.
- The price of this manual, handbooks and repair guides are determined by the seller, so it is advisable to compare prices before making a purchase.
- User comments and ratings are available for many of our manuals to assist in the purchasing decision and we encourage you to leave a review after your purchase to help others.
- Download the repair manual now and enjoy a lifetime guarantee for the download as described in our FAQs.
- To contact the seller of the manual, please use our contact form and we will handle your request promptly.
- If you appreciate our service, please recommend us on social media and follow us on Facebook.
- Click the download button and instantly access this manual.# Engine Specifications/Technical Data
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder
- Displacement: 595cc
- Bore x Stroke: 95 x 84 mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni BST40
- Ignition: CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
- Starting System: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H/L/N/R/P
- Drive System: Yamaha On-Command pushbutton; 2WD, 4WD
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gallons (20 liters)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Final Drive: Shaft
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips
- Change engine oil and filter every 100 hours or 6 months.
- Clean or replace air filters every 50 hours of operation.
- Inspect and adjust brakes regularly.
- Check and maintain proper tire pressure before each use.
- Clean and lubricate the drive chain every 500 miles.
- Regularly inspect and replace worn or damaged CV boots.
- Check coolant levels and replace coolant every year.
- Regularly inspect and tighten all nuts and bolts.
Common Issues and Solutions
- Issue: Carburetor clogging - Solution: Regular cleaning and proper adjustment of the carburetor.
- Issue: Electrical problems - Solution: Check battery, fuses, and wiring connections.
- Issue: Overheating - Solution: Ensure adequate coolant and check for radiator blockages.
- Issue: Difficulties in gear shifting - Solution: Adjust the clutch and inspect the transmission.
- Issue: Brake inefficiency - Solution: Replace brake pads and bleed brake lines.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance
- Regularly clean the ATV, especially after off-road use, to prevent rust and mechanical issues.
- Use only high-quality engine oil and genuine Yamaha replacement parts.
- After riding through water, check and drain the differential and transmission fluids if necessary.
- Store the ATV in a dry, ventilated place to prevent moisture damage.
- Follow the recommended service intervals strictly to maintain optimal performance.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications
- Upgrade to a high-performance air filter for improved engine breathing.
- Install a performance exhaust system for increased power and sound.
- Add a snorkel kit for better deep water and mud performance.
- Upgrade suspension components for improved handling and comfort.
- Install larger, more aggressive tires for better traction and stability.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments
- Winches and towing equipment
- Custom skid plates and brush guards
- High-grip off-road tires
- LED lighting kits and auxiliary lights
- Storage boxes and cargo bags
- Performance shock absorbers
- Heated grips and seat covers
- Snow plows and blades
- Windshields and fairings
Owner Reviews: Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strengths: Robust build, reliable performance in rough terrains, and versatile 4WD system.
- Weaknesses: Some reports of carburetor issues, weight of the ATV, and occasional electrical problems.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts
- Oil and filter changes
- Air filter cleaning and replacements
- Brake adjustments and pad replacements
- Tire pressure checks and replacements
- Chain lubrication and adjustments
- CV boot inspections and replacements
- Coolant replacements
- Nuts and bolts tightening
- Carburetor cleaning and adjustments
- Battery maintenance and replacements
- Electrical system checks
- Clutch adjustments and repairs
- Transmission fluid checks
- Radiator cleaning and inspections
- Brake system bleeding and fluid replacement
Simply click here to start your download of the genuine OEM Yamaha Corporation™ service manual. Once your payment is processed, the link to download the official Yamaha Corporation™ factory manual and parts catalog (PDF) will be available on the payment confirmation page, and we will also immediately email you the payment confirmation.