The following models are included in this manual: XBR500 / Honda Motor Co., Ltd
1985 Honda XBR500
1986 Honda XBR500
1987 Honda XBR500
1988 Honda XBR500
1989 Honda XBR500
1990 Honda XBR500
ngine: 498 cc (30.4 cu in), Single cylinder, four-stroke, 44.0 HP (32.1 kW) @ 7000 RPM, 171.0 km/h (106.3 mph), 8.9:1, 92.0 x 75.0 mm (3.6 x 3.0 inches), 4 valves per cylinder, air cooled, Overhead Cams (OHC), 5-speed.
Production year(s): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
Manual Language: English
"Get the Manual with Fixes to Keep Your Honda XBR500 Running Smoothly!"
If you own a 1985-1990 Honda XBR500, ensuring proper maintenance and addressing any issues promptly is crucial for its performance and longevity. Introducing our comprehensive manual that provides detailed troubleshooting steps and fixes for your Honda XBR500. With this manual, you'll have access to a wealth of information, including engine specs, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, and more. Get the knowledge you need to keep your Honda XBR500 in top shape. Don't wait, click the green button to start the download of your detailed shop handbook now!
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Honda XBR500 is equipped with a 498cc, air-cooled, four-stroke, twin-cylinder engine.
• It features a 5-speed manual transmission for smooth and precise shifting.
• The XBR500 has a bore and stroke of 70mm x 57.8mm.
• The compression ratio of the XBR500 is 10.7:1.
• It utilizes a chain final drive system for efficient power transfer.
• The XBR500 has a wet multi-plate clutch for smooth engagement.
• It features an electric starter system for easy ignition.
• The XBR500 has a telescopic front fork suspension system for a comfortable ride.
• It comes with twin shock absorbers in the rear for improved stability.
• The XBR500 has a single disc brake in the front and a drum brake in the rear for reliable stopping power.
• It has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 12 liters (3.17 gallons).
• The XBR500 weighs around 179 kg (394 lbs).
• The bike has a wheelbase of 1,420 mm (55.9 inches).
• The XBR500 is known for its classic styling, featuring a single round headlight and a dual-exhaust system.
• It is designed as a versatile and comfortable motorcycle, suitable for both city commuting and long rides.
Facts and Details:
- The Honda XBR500 was initially released in Europe and was known for its retro-inspired design.
- It featured a steel tubular frame that provided a balance of rigidity and lightweight construction.
- The XBR500 was designed as a roadster motorcycle, offering a comfortable riding position and excellent handling.
- It gained popularity for its smooth power delivery and fuel efficiency.
- The XBR500 shares several components with its sibling model, the Honda GB500, including the engine and frame.
- It was equipped with a kickstarter as a backup starting option, in addition to the electric starter.
- The XBR500's engine was praised for its reliability and low maintenance requirements.
- The bike's styling and design elements pay homage to the British motorcycles of the 1970s.
- It featured retro-inspired gauges, including a large analog speedometer and a smaller tachometer.
- The XBR500 offered a comfortable two-up seating arrangement with a passenger grab rail.
- Despite its classic design, the XBR500 incorporated modern features such as electronic ignition and hydraulic disc brakes.
- The XBR500 is regarded by enthusiasts as a cult classic and is appreciated for its unique character and collectible status.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
■ Follow Honda's recommended maintenance schedule for regular servicing, including oil changes, filter replacements, and valve adjustments.
■ Check the tire pressure regularly and inspect the tires for wear and damage.
■ Clean and lubricate the chain regularly, adjusting the tension as needed.
■ Keep the electrical system in good condition by checking the battery, spark plugs, and wiring connections.
■ Common issues may include carburetor problems, such as clogged jets or fuel leaks. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the carburetor can help address these issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to an aftermarket option can improve performance and enhance the bike's sound.
* Installing a high-flow air filter and rejetting the carburetor can optimize the fuel-air mixture for better power delivery.
* Adding aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable rear shocks, can improve the XBR500's handling and comfort.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
► Cafe racer-style seat and tail section for a custom look.
► Handlebar options for different riding positions and aesthetics.
► LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and modern styling.
► Upgraded brake pads and stainless steel braided brake lines for enhanced braking performance.
► Custom paint and graphics kits for personalization.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners often praise the XBR500 for its retro styling, comfortable riding position, and smooth engine performance. They appreciate its reliability and ease of maintenance.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mention limited aftermarket support and occasional issues with sourcing specific parts. However, the XBR500's strengths often outweigh these concerns.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil and filter changes, valve adjustments, and chain maintenance.
→ Carburetor cleaning and tuning to ensure proper fuel delivery.
→ Electrical system checks and repairs, including battery replacements and wiring inspections.
→ Suspension component maintenance, such as checking and replacing worn-out shocks or fork seals.
→ Brake system maintenance, including pad replacements and fluid flushes.
Buy the Honda troubleshooting PDF manual from the RepairLoader marketplace and complete your secure purchase using PayPal. Click the button to buy now!
Once your payment is complete, the official Honda OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.
Price: 18.99 USD