To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Take control of your ATV's maintenance and repairs by purchasing the original Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 repair and workshop manual in PDF format, and get your vehicle back to peak performance in no time.
Specs and manual details:
Production/model years: 2004
This manual applies to the following models:
2004 Arctic Cat 250 2x4
2004 Arctic Cat 250 4x4
2004 Arctic Cat 300 4x4
2004 Arctic Cat 400 2x4
2004 Arctic Cat 400 4x4
2004 Arctic Cat 400 TBX (dump bed)
2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4
2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 TBX (dump bed)
2004 Arctic Cat 500 TRV (2-up)
Arctic Cat 250 2x4: from 4UF04ATV24T202001 to 4UF04ATV94T252300
Arctic Cat 250 4x4: from 4UF04ATV84T203001 to 4UF04ATV04T251900
Arctic Cat 300 2x4: from 4UF04ATV24T202001 to 4UF04ATV94T252300
Arctic Cat 300 4x4: from 4UF04ATV24T202001 to 4UF04ATV94T252300
Arctic Cat 400 4x4 Automatic: from 4UF03ATV74T202001 to 4UF03ATV14T252900
Arctic Cat 400 4x4 Manual: from 4UF03ATV74T202001 to 4UF03ATV14T252900
Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Automatic: from 4UF03ATV14T202001 to 4UF03ATV54T253000
Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Manual: from 4UF03ATV24T202001 to 4UF03ATV64T253000
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Your ATV Running Smoothly Again: Download the Original Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 Repair Manual in PDF Format"
Whether you're a seasoned ATV owner or new to the game, having a comprehensive repair manual on hand is crucial for maintaining and repairing your vehicle. The original Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 repair manual in PDF format is the ultimate resource for fixing and fine-tuning your ATV. In this article, we'll provide you with a list of engine specs, interesting facts and details, maintenance tips, tuning options, and more.
• Engine Type: 4-Stroke, SOHC, Liquid-Cooled
• Displacement: 249cc, 280cc, 376cc, 493cc
• Bore x Stroke: 67mm x 65mm, 72mm x 60mm, 82mm x 71.2mm, 87.5mm x 82mm
• Compression Ratio: 9.5:1, 10.5:1, 10.6:1
• Fuel System: Mikuni BST34 Carburetor, Keihin CVK34 Carburetor, Mikuni BSR36 Carburetor
• Ignition: CDI
• Transmission: Automatic CVT, Manual 5-Speed with Reverse
• Drive System: 2WD/4WD with selectable front differential lock
• Front Suspension: Independent Double A-Arm, 6.7 inches of travel
• Rear Suspension: Fully Independent Suspension, 7.4 inches of travel
• Brakes: Hydraulic Disc (front and rear)
• Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
Facts and Details:
- The 2004 Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 featured a new front differential with automatic engagement.
- The 493cc engine on the Arctic Cat 500 was the largest engine ever used on an Arctic Cat ATV at the time.
- The Arctic Cat 400 was marketed as a utility ATV, while the 250 and 300 were positioned as sport/utility models.
- The Arctic Cat 400 had a towing capacity of up to 1,050 pounds.
- The Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 all came with a digital instrument display, which was a relatively new feature at the time.
- The ATV's body was designed with a sleek and aggressive look, with sharp lines and bold graphics.
- The Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 were praised for their smooth and responsive handling, making them popular with riders of all skill levels.
- The ATV's fully independent suspension system provided a comfortable and stable ride even on rough terrain.
Maintenance Intervals and Common Issues:
To keep your Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 running smoothly, it's important to follow a regular maintenance schedule. Here are some general tips and common issues to be aware of:
- Change the oil every 50 hours of use or annually, whichever comes first.
- Check the air filter every 100 hours of use or annually, and replace as needed.
- Inspect the brakes and brake pads every 100 hours of use or annually, and replace as needed.
- Common issues with the Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 include problems with the carburetor, fuel system, and electrical system.
- If you experience issues with starting the ATV, it may be due to a dead battery, clogged fuel filter, or a faulty ignition switch.
- Regularly check the tire pressure and inspect the tires for signs of wear and tear.
- Keep the ATV clean and free of debris, as dirt and mud buildup can cause damage to the engine and other components.
I- f you notice any unusual noises or vibrations, it's best to get the ATV checked by a professional mechanic to avoid potential damage.
Tuning Tips and Aftermarket Options:
If you're looking to customize your Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500, there are plenty of aftermarket options available. Popular tuning tips and modifications include:
- Upgrading the exhaust system for increased power and a deeper sound.
- Installing an air intake kit for improved air flow and performance.
- Adding a high-performance clutch kit for smoother shifting and better acceleration.
- Upgrading the suspension for better handling and a smoother ride.
- Installing a winch for off-road adventures.
- Adding a luggage rack or storage box for carrying gear and supplies.
Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
There are many accessories and aftermarket options available:
- Snow plows and snow blowers for winter use.
- ATV covers for protecting your vehicle when not in use.
- Heated grips and thumb warmers for cold weather riding.
- LED lights for improved visibility and safety.
- Audio systems for listening to music while riding.
- GPS units for navigation and tracking.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Overall, the Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 are well-regarded by ATV enthusiasts. Owners praise their durability, comfort, and versatility. Some common strengths of these ATVs include:
- Smooth and responsive handling.
- Comfortable ride even on rough terrain.
- Plenty of power and acceleration.
- Reliable and durable.
Some common weaknesses:
- Carburetor issues.
- Electrical problems.
- Lack of ground clearance for more aggressive off-roading.
- Limited storage space.
To take the first step in fixing your Arctic Cat ATV, purchase the original repair and workshop manual in PDF format by clicking the "Buy" button and securely paying through PayPal or with your credit card on www.repairloader.com. Upon completing your secure payment through PayPal or credit card, you will receive an instant download link for the official Arctic Cat OEM manual and parts list for your convenience. We will also email you all necessary download information, so you can get to work on your ATV as soon as possible.