To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Upgrade Your ATV: Instantly obtain the PDF format of the genuine Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 service and workshop manual by purchasing it online.
Specs and manual details:
Production year(s): 2001
The following models are encompassed by this manual: 250, 300, 400, 500 / Arctic Cat Inc.
2001 Arctic Cat 250 2x4
2001 Arctic Cat 250 4x4
2001 Arctic Cat 300 2x4
2001 Arctic Cat 300 4x4
2001 Arctic Cat 400 2x4
2001 Arctic Cat 400 4x4
2001 Arctic Cat 500 4x4
Manual Language: English
Number of pages: 429
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Unlock Your DIY Repair Potential: Download the Comprehensive Manual for the 2001 Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 ATVs"
Take charge of your ATV maintenance with our extensive, downloadable manual specifically tailored for the 2001 Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, and 500 models. This invaluable guide offers a wealth of technical specifications, maintenance advice, and customization options to help you keep your ATV performing at its best. Embrace the DIY spirit and save on expensive professional repairs with our easy-to-follow manual.
2001 Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 ATV Engine Specs and Technical Specifications:
• The 2001 Arctic Cat 250 features a 249cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke engine.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat 300 comes with a 280cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat 400 boasts a 376cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat 500 is equipped with a 493cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine.
• The 250 and 300 models use a Keihin CVK32 carburetor, while the 400 and 500 models employ a Keihin CVK34 carburetor.
• All 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs feature an electric starter for easy ignition.
• The 250, 300, 400, and 500 models come with a 5-speed manual transmission.
• These ATVs are equipped with selectable 2WD and 4WD modes for versatile terrain handling.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat models have a 12V, 14Ah maintenance-free battery.
• Hydraulic disc brakes are featured on both the front and rear wheels of these ATVs.
• The front suspension uses a double A-arm design with 5-way preload-adjustable shocks.
• The rear suspension features a swing-arm design with 5-way preload-adjustable shocks.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs have a towing capacity of up to 454kg (1,000 lbs).
• The fuel tank capacity for these models ranges from 11.5L (3 gallons) to 14.5L (3.8 gallons).
• The 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs have a ground clearance of 20.3cm (8 inches) to 27.9cm (11 inches).
• The wheelbase for these models ranges from 116.8cm (46 inches) to 128.3cm (50.5 inches).
• The dry weight of the 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs varies from 212kg (468 lbs) to 277kg (610 lbs).
• The ATVs are equipped with 23x8-12 front tires and 24x9-12 rear tires for optimum traction.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs have a maximum speed ranging from 56 km/h (35 mph) to 84 km/h (52 mph).
• All models come with a digital instrument panel, including a speedometer, odometer, and trip meter.
• The ATVs are equipped with a 12V DC accessory outlet for added convenience.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat models feature full floorboards for enhanced rider comfort and protection.
• These ATVs have a high and low beam headlight for improved visibility in various conditions.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs come with a standard rearview mirror for added safety.
• All models are equipped with a heavy-duty front and rear rack for cargo carrying.
Interesting Facts and Details about the 2001 Arctic Cat 250, 300, 400, 500 ATVs:
• The 2001 Arctic Cat ATVs were among the first to incorporate a digital instrument panel for enhanced rider information.
• These ATVs were designed with a focus on durability and reliability, ensuring a long service life with proper maintenance.
• Arctic Cat's 2001 models were well-regarded for their robust towing capacity, making them ideal for both work and recreational purposes.
• The selectable 2WD and 4WD modes on these ATVs provide versatile performance for various terrains and riding conditions.
• The full floorboards and adjustable suspension offer a comfortable riding experience, even on rough surfaces.
• The 2001 Arctic Cat 500 model features the largest engine displacement in the series, providing impressive power and torque.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues and Solutions:
- Engine oil and filter changes are recommended every 100 hours or 1,000 miles of operation, whichever comes first.
- Air filter cleaning should be performed every 50 hours or 500 miles, with replacement as necessary.
- Brake fluid should be replaced every two years or as required, depending on usage.
- Periodically inspect and clean the carburetor to maintain optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
- Common issues include ignition problems, which can be resolved by inspecting the starter, battery, and spark plug for wear or damage.
- Drive belt wear is another common issue; inspect the belt for signs of wear or damage and replace it as needed.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrade the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option for improved power and sound.
- Consider installing a high-flow air filter to increase airflow and enhance engine performance.
- Upgrade the suspension with aftermarket shocks for better handling and comfort on rough terrain.
- Install a performance CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) module for a more aggressive ignition curve and improved throttle response.
- Consider adding a winch for increased utility and convenience during off-road adventures.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Winch kits for towing and recovery purposes.
- Snow plow attachments for winter maintenance tasks.
- Gun racks and storage boxes for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Heated grips and thumb warmers for enhanced comfort in cold conditions.
- Skid plates to protect the undercarriage from rocks and debris.
- Durable and reliable, providing a long service life.
- Impressive towing capacity, making it suitable for work and recreational use.
- Versatile performance with selectable 2WD and 4WD modes.
- Comfortable ride thanks to full floorboards and adjustable preload suspension.
- Some owners have reported occasional ignition issues.
- The ATVs may require more frequent maintenance compared to newer models.
Embrace your DIY spirit and purchase the Arctic Cat manual at www.repairloader.com in PDF format, payable through PayPal or credit card. Once your payment is securely processed, you will receive an email with all the necessary download information, and the download link for your authentic Arctic Cat service manual/parts catalog will be available on the checkout page.