To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Revamp your SUV's performance with the Jeep service guide (FSM) and technical workshop/repair manual in PDF format, providing you with expert guidance for all your maintenance and repair needs.
Specs and manual details:
Production year(s): 93, 1993
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Cherokee / Jeep
Jeep Cherokee Base
Jeep Cherokee Country
Jeep Cherokee Sport
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Jeep Cherokee Briarwood
Jeep Cherokee Classic
Jeep Cherokee SE
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Download the Jeep Cherokee Factory Service Manual for DIY Repairs and Maintenance."
If you own a 1993 Jeep Cherokee, having access to a comprehensive service manual can make all the difference in keeping your vehicle in top shape. With the Jeep Cherokee factory service manual, you can easily troubleshoot problems, make repairs, and perform routine maintenance tasks on your own. This guide is available in PDF format, making it easy to access and use from anywhere.
Engine specs/technical specifications:
• Engine type: 4.0-liter in-line six-cylinder
• Horsepower: 190 hp @ 4,600 rpm
• Torque: 225 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
• Fuel system: Sequential multi-point fuel injection
• Transmission: 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual
• Drive type: Four-wheel drive
• Suspension: Front and rear live-axle with coil springs
• Brakes: Front disc and rear drum
• Wheelbase: 101.4 inches
• Length: 165.3 inches
• Width: 67.1 inches
• Height: 63.4 inches
• Curb weight: 3,596 pounds
• Fuel tank capacity: 20 gallons
• Max towing capacity: 5,000 pounds
• Max payload capacity: 1,150 pounds
• Axle ratio: 3.07:1 or 3.55:1
• Turning radius: 34.9 feet
• Front headroom: 37.7 inches
• Rear headroom: 37.5 inches
• Front legroom: 41.7 inches
• Rear legroom: 35.1 inches
• Ground clearance: 7.7 inches
• Max cargo capacity: 68.9 cubic feet
• Max passenger capacity: 5
Interesting facts and details about the 1993 Jeep Cherokee:
- The 1993 model year marked the last year for the square headlamps on the Cherokee.
- The Jeep Cherokee was one of the first SUVs to gain widespread popularity, paving the way for other SUVs to follow.
- The Cherokee's unibody construction made it lighter and more nimble than traditional body-on-frame SUVs.
- The Jeep Cherokee was originally designed as a replacement for the Jeep Wagoneer, but eventually became a model of its own.
- The Cherokee was available with a number of different engine options over the years, including a diesel engine in Europe.
- The Jeep Cherokee was a popular choice for off-roading enthusiasts due to its solid axle design and robust drivetrain.
Maintenance intervals and common issues/solutions for the 1993 Jeep Cherokee:
- Oil changes should be performed every 3,000-5,000 miles.
- Check the coolant level regularly and flush and refill the system every 2-3 years.
- Inspect the brake system every 10,000 miles and replace pads and rotors as needed.
- Common issues include overheating, transmission problems, and electrical issues.
- Overheating can be caused by a variety of factors, including a malfunctioning thermostat, low coolant levels, or a failing water pump.
- Transmission problems can often be fixed by performing a fluid and filter change or replacing the transmission solenoid.
- Electrical issues can be caused by a faulty alternator or battery, loose connections, or corroded wiring.
Popular tuning tips/modifications for the 1993 Jeep Cherokee:
- Lift kits are a popular modification for off-roading enthusiasts, allowing for greater ground clearance and larger tires.
- Upgraded exhaust systems can improve performance and increase fuel efficiency.
- Aftermarket air intake systems can improve airflow to the engine and increase horsepower.
- Upgraded suspension components, such as shocks and springs, can improve handling and ride comfort.
- Upgraded lighting, such as LED headlights and taillights, can improve visibility and safety.
Available accessories and aftermarket options for the 1993 Jeep Cherokee:
- Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage space.
- Upgraded audio systems for improved sound quality.
- Off-road bumpers and skid plates for increased protection during off-roading.
- Winches for pulling your Jeep out of tricky situations.
- Seat covers and floor mats for added protection and style.
- Exterior styling accessories, such as grille inserts and body kits.
Owner reviews and opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of the 1993 Jeep Cherokee:
Strengths: The Jeep Cherokee is known for its excellent off-road capability, solid construction, and versatile cargo space.
Weaknesses: Common issues with the 1993 Jeep Cherokee include rust and corrosion, transmission problems, and electrical issues.
Purchase the Jeep Cherokee Factory Service Manual and Parts List in PDF format from www.repairloader.com using PayPal or a credit card. Your download link will be available instantly on the checkout page, and we'll email you all the information you need to start your DIY repairs and maintenance.