To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: all models / Arctic Cat
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 500
2002 Arctic Cat ZL 550
2002 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 570
2002 Arctic Cat Pantera 600 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Panther 570 ESR
2002 Arctic Cat Bearcat 550 WT
2002 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000
2002 Arctic Cat ZRT 800
2002 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 800 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Z 440
2002 Arctic Cat ZL 800 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 1000 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Panther 440
2002 Arctic Cat Z 370
2002 Arctic Cat ZL 600 EFI SS
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 900 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat Panther 570 R
2002 Arctic Cat ZL 500 EFI
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI Cross Country Edition.
Production/model years: 2002
The manual is valid for the following models: all models
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Snowmobile Overhaul: Shop Repair PDF Provides Engine Specifications and Maintenance Tips for the 2002 Arctic Cat"
If you're an owner or enthusiast of the 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles, we have great news for you. Our comprehensive shop repair PDF contains detailed engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, popular tuning tips, available accessories, and more. Whether you're looking to restore these snowmobiles or keep them running smoothly, our guide is an invaluable resource.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles were equipped with various engine options, including 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
• Displacement ranged from 370cc to 900cc, depending on the model.
• Bore and stroke measurements varied across models.
• Compression ratios ranged from 9:1 to 12:1.
• The carburetor used was typically a Mikuni TM or VM series.
• Ignition system: CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition).
• Fuel capacity varied from 10 gallons to 14 gallons, depending on the model.
• Horsepower output ranged from 50 HP to 150 HP, depending on the engine size and model.
• Cooling systems included air-cooled and liquid-cooled options.
• Clutch type: Arctic Cat drive clutch and driven clutch.
• Transmission: Typically a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) system.
• The suspension setup varied across models, including independent front suspension and slide rail rear suspension.
• Track length ranged from 121 inches to 136 inches.
• Ski stance width varied from 37 inches to 43 inches.
• Overall length ranged from 109 inches to 124 inches.
• Dry weight ranged from 450 lbs to 650 lbs.
• Electric start was available as an option on some models.
• Spark plug specifications varied depending on the engine type and model.
• The primary drive system typically utilized a chain or belt.
• Fuel-oil mixture ratios ranged from 40:1 to 50:1, depending on the model and engine type.
Facts and Details:
- The 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles were known for their power and performance, suitable for both recreational riding and racing.
- Arctic Cat offered a range of models to cater to different riding styles and preferences.
- These snowmobiles featured advanced suspension systems, providing excellent handling and a comfortable ride over various terrains.
- Arctic Cat utilized lightweight materials in the construction of the chassis to improve agility and maneuverability.
- The design of the snowmobiles incorporated aerodynamic features to enhance speed and efficiency.
- The 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles boasted aggressive styling and distinctive decals, reflecting the brand's performance-oriented image.
- These snowmobiles were equipped with advanced braking systems, offering precise and reliable stopping power.
- The electrical systems featured reliable components to ensure consistent performance, even in extreme cold temperatures.
- Arctic Cat implemented innovative features like adjustable handlebars and heated seats for increased comfort during long rides.
- These snowmobiles were designed with user-friendly controls and ergonomics, allowing riders to easily navigate the terrain.
- The 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles gained a loyal following among enthusiasts and riders who appreciated their reliability and performance.
- Arctic Cat's commitment to quality and durability was evident in the design and construction of these snowmobiles.
- The availability of a wide range of aftermarket parts and accessories allowed owners to customize and personalize their snowmobiles.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for oil changes, filter replacements, and overall system inspections.
► Regularly check and maintain proper track tension and alignment for optimal performance and longevity.
► Keep the skis lubricated and inspect the carbide runners for wear to ensure precise steering and control.
► Clean and inspect the clutch system regularly to maintain proper engagement and performance.
► Check the suspension components for wear and lubricate as necessary to maintain smooth operation.
► Ensure proper chain or belt tension for the primary drive system.
► Regularly inspect the spark plugs and replace them if necessary to maintain efficient combustion.
► Keep the snowmobile clean and free of debris, especially around the cooling system and engine vents.
► Common issues may include carburetor problems, such as clogged jets or improper tuning.
► Electrical issues can arise, such as faulty ignition switches or wiring connections.
► Drive belt wear and failure can occur, requiring replacement to maintain proper power transfer.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading to a higher-performance exhaust system can enhance power delivery and provide a more aggressive sound.
* Installing a high-flow air intake or cold air intake system can improve air intake for increased throttle response.
* Upgrading suspension components, such as shocks and springs, can enhance ride comfort and handling.
* Adding aftermarket skis or ski runners can improve steering and control in various snow conditions.
* Installing studs or traction products on the track can enhance grip and acceleration on icy surfaces.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Windshields and wind deflectors of various sizes and styles.
■ Cargo racks and bags for additional storage capacity.
■ Tow hitches for pulling sleds or trailers.
■ Heated hand grips and thumb warmers for added comfort in cold weather.
■ Snowmobile covers for protection during storage or transportation.
■ Auxiliary lighting options, such as LED light bars, for improved visibility.
■ Upgraded seats or seat covers for enhanced comfort.
■ Snowmobile-specific GPS systems for navigation and tracking.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Powerful engines, excellent suspension, reliable performance, and good build quality.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mentioned issues with electrical components and occasional carburetor tuning challenges.
Overall, owners praised the 2002 Arctic Cat snowmobiles for their durability, performance, and the availability of aftermarket support.
Download the comprehensive Arctic Cat maintenance guidelines manual by clicking the designated download button. Once your payment is complete, you will find the download link for the official Arctic Cat OEM shop manual/parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment and download information.