To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: 177-RG Cardinal / Cessna Aircraft Company
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal (Base Model)
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal II
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG II
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG III
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG IV
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal Turbo
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal Turbo II
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal Turbo III
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG Turbo
Cessna 177-RG Cardinal RG Turbo II
1971 - 177-RG Cardinal
1972 - 177-RG Cardinal
1973 - 177-RG Cardinal
1974 - 177-RG Cardinal
1975 - 177-RG Cardinal
Engine Make: Lycoming 200hp, Power (HP or Lbs Thrust): 200, Engine TBO: 2000.
Serial numbers or parts numbers: Serial numbers 177RG0001 through 177RG0212
Manual Language: English
"Download the Aircraft Manual to Fix Cardinal Aircraft Issues - Cessna 177-RG Engine Specifications and Maintenance Tips!"
If you are a Cessna 177-RG Cardinal aircraft owner or enthusiast, ensuring your aircraft's peak performance is crucial for safety and reliability. In this comprehensive guide, we'll provide you with detailed engine specifications and technical data for the Cessna 177-RG, along with valuable maintenance tips, common issues, and their solutions. Whether you're a seasoned pilot or a new owner, this manual will help you maintain your aircraft in excellent condition for smooth and enjoyable flights.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Manufacturer: Lycoming
• Engine Model: O-360-A1F6D
• Engine Type: Four-cylinder, horizontally opposed
• Horsepower: 200 hp at 2700 RPM
• Propeller: McCauley B2D34C220-B
• Fuel Type: 100LL Aviation Gasoline
• Fuel Capacity: 72 US gallons (271.2 liters)
• Oil Capacity: 8 quarts (7.6 liters)
• Maximum Takeoff Weight: 2800 lbs (1270 kg)
• Empty Weight: 1715 lbs (777 kg)
• Wingspan: 35.9 feet (10.9 meters)
• Length: 25.8 feet (7.8 meters)
• Height: 8.9 feet (2.7 meters)
• Wing Area: 183 square feet (17 square meters)
• Cruise Speed: 158 knots (183 mph)
• Stall Speed (clean configuration): 62 knots (71 mph)
• Range: 648 nautical miles (746 statute miles)
• Service Ceiling: 18,000 feet (5486 meters)
• Rate of Climb: 1020 feet per minute
• Takeoff Roll: 1135 feet (346 meters)
• Landing Roll: 900 feet (274 meters)
• Cabin Width: 42 inches (106.7 cm)
• Cabin Height: 48 inches (121.9 cm)
• Seating Capacity: Four occupants
Facts and Details:
- The Cessna 177-RG Cardinal is a single-engine, retractable-gear aircraft renowned for its spacious cabin and excellent visibility.
- The Cardinal's distinctive feature is its forward-opening gull-wing doors, providing easy access to the cabin.
- The aircraft's variable-pitch constant-speed propeller allows pilots to optimize engine performance in various flight conditions.
- The Cessna 177-RG Cardinal's landing gear retracts into the wings, reducing drag and enhancing aerodynamic efficiency.
- It is equipped with a manual gear extension system to handle potential landing gear malfunctions.
- The aircraft's Lycoming engine provides a balance of power and fuel efficiency, making it suitable for both short hops and cross-country flights.
- The Cardinal's stabilator design combines the functions of a stabilizer and elevator, contributing to its stable and predictable flight characteristics.
- With its high wings and large windows, the Cardinal offers exceptional visibility for both pilots and passengers.
- The spacious and comfortable cabin makes it a popular choice for private owners and flight schools alike.
- The aircraft's retractable landing gear adds to its sleek appearance and enhances performance during cruise flight.
- The Cardinal's relatively low approach speed makes it well-suited for short runways and airports with limited infrastructure.
- Cessna 177-RG Cardinal is known for its ease of maintenance and accessibility of components.
- The aircraft's robust construction and reliable systems contribute to its reputation for safety and longevity.
- Pilots often praise the Cardinal's handling characteristics, making it suitable for both training and cross-country flights.
- Some owners appreciate the aircraft's ability to cruise at higher altitudes, reducing the effects of turbulence and weather conditions.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Adhere to the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule as outlined in the aircraft's maintenance manual.
► Perform regular inspections of the landing gear, hinges, and actuators to ensure smooth operation and detect wear or damage.
► Keep the aircraft clean and well-maintained to prevent corrosion and preserve the aircraft's structural integrity.
► Regularly check and service the engine, including oil changes, filter replacements, and spark plug inspections.
► Monitor the condition of the propeller and balance it as needed to ensure optimal performance.
Tips for Effective Maintenance:
* Create a maintenance checklist and follow it diligently to stay on top of essential tasks.
* Store the aircraft in a hangar or covered area to protect it from the elements and reduce wear on external components.
* Perform pre-flight and post-flight inspections to identify any potential issues before they escalate.
* Work with a certified and experienced aircraft mechanic for regular maintenance and more complex repairs.
* Keep detailed maintenance records, including dates, performed tasks, and any observations, for easier tracking and future reference.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Upgrading avionics to modern digital systems for improved navigation and communication.
■ Installing a more efficient propeller for enhanced performance and fuel economy.
■ Upgrading the interior for increased comfort and modern amenities.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Avionics upgrades (GPS systems, communication radios, transponders)
+ Enhanced landing lights for improved visibility during night flights
+ External baggage pods to increase luggage capacity
+ Upgraded seats and interior enhancements for passenger comfort
+ Wingtip modifications for reduced drag and improved performance
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ The Cessna 177-RG Cardinal offers a spacious and comfortable cabin, making long flights more enjoyable for passengers.
☺ Pilots appreciate its stability and ease of handling, making it an excellent aircraft for training purposes.
☺ The retractable landing gear adds to its aesthetic appeal and improves cruise performance.
☺ The forward-opening gull-wing doors make boarding and deplaning easy and convenient.
☺ Owners find the aircraft's maintenance straightforward, resulting in lower operating costs.
☻ Some pilots mention that the Cardinal's cruise speed could be higher compared to some competitors in its class.
☻ Maintenance of the retractable landing gear requires extra attention and is costlier than the fixed-gear counterparts.
☻ The aircraft's design with a cantilever wing can make wing inspection more time-consuming.
The Cessna 177-RG Cardinal aircraft has earned a reputation for its spacious cabin, stable flight characteristics, and ease of maintenance. With proper maintenance and regular inspections, owners can enjoy safe and reliable flights for years to come. By following the provided maintenance tips and considering popular modifications, pilots can tailor the aircraft to their specific needs and enhance its overall performance.
Most Frequent Repairs and Breakable Parts:
→ Landing gear components (actuators, hinges, and gear extension system)
→ Propeller maintenance and balance adjustments
→ Engine oil leaks and gasket replacements
→ Avionics upgrades and system troubleshooting
→ Interior wear and tear, requiring refurbishment
→ Control surfaces and hinge inspections
→ Landing light replacements
→ Tire replacements and brake system maintenance
→ Engine component inspections and replacements
→ Electrical system diagnostics and repairs
Securely buy the Cessna 177-RG Cardinal aircraft's detailed shop manual and repair guide in PDF format through PayPal on [RL] marketplace.
After completing your payment, you'll receive the download link for the OEM Cessna parts list and shop handbook on the checkout page, and we'll promptly email you the payment confirmation.