To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models:
Vegas Jackpot 2008
2008 Victory Hammer
2008 Victory Jackpot
Engine: 1638.8 cc, 100 ci, air cooled, V2, four-stroke, 8.7:1, 101.0 x 102.0 mm (4.0 x 4.0 inches), 4 valves per cylinder, SOHC
Model or production year(s): 2008
Number of pages: 476
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Resolving Issues and Enhancing Performance: PDF Guide for Cruiser Bike Enthusiasts"
Are you a cruiser bike enthusiast looking for comprehensive information on resolving common issues, maintenance tips, tuning options, and available accessories for the 2008 Victory Hammer, Jackpot? Look no further! In this guide, we'll provide you with engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common problems and their solutions, popular tuning tips, aftermarket options, owner reviews, and much more. Whether you're an owner, a potential buyer, or simply curious about these iconic motorcycles, this guide has got you covered.
Engine specifications/technical data:
• The 2008 Victory Hammer, Jackpot is equipped with a 1634cc air-/oil-cooled V-twin engine.
• It features a 6-speed overdrive constant mesh transmission.
• The bike has a multi-plate clutch system.
• The fuel delivery is handled by electronic fuel injection (EFI).
• It boasts a compression ratio of 9.8:1.
• The engine produces an impressive 85 horsepower and 106 ft-lb of torque.
• The bore and stroke measure 101mm x 102mm.
• The Victory Hammer, Jackpot comes with a 5.8-gallon fuel tank capacity.
• It features a belt final drive system.
• The bike has a hydraulic valve lash adjuster.
• It utilizes a single-overhead camshaft (SOHC) design.
• The ignition system is electronic with a throttle-based speed control.
• The front suspension consists of inverted cartridge telescopic forks.
• The rear suspension features a single, mono-tube gas shock with a cast aluminum swingarm.
• The bike has a double-downtube, cast aluminum frame.
• It comes with dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake.
• The front tire size is 130/70R18, while the rear tire size is 250/40R18.
• The overall length of the motorcycle is 93.3 inches.
• It has a seat height of 26.5 inches and a ground clearance of 5.8 inches.
• The dry weight of the Victory Hammer, Jackpot is approximately 680 lbs.
Facts and details:
- The 2008 model year offered two variations: the Victory Hammer and the Victory Jackpot.
- Both models shared the same engine and most specifications, with slight differences in styling and accessories.
- The Victory Hammer featured a more aggressive and muscular design, while the Jackpot had a more custom-inspired look.
- Both models came with stylish, wide rear tires for enhanced stability and visual appeal.
- The Hammer, Jackpot had a distinctive dual exhaust system that emitted a deep, throaty sound.
- The motorcycle offered a comfortable riding position with mid-mounted foot controls and a wide handlebar.
- The Victory Hammer, Jackpot provided ample power for highway cruising and quick acceleration.
- It had a reputation for excellent handling and stability, making it suitable for both long rides and spirited cornering.
- The bikes featured a spacious, two-up seat with optional passenger backrests and luggage options.
- Victory motorcycles were known for their high build quality and attention to detail.
- The 2008 models came with a variety of factory paint options, allowing riders to personalize their bikes.
- Victory motorcycles had a dedicated and passionate owner community, offering support and camaraderie.
- The 2008 Victory Hammer, Jackpot models were well-regarded for their reliability and durability.
Maintenance intervals, general tips, and common issues/solutions:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Victory Hammer, Jackpot include oil and filter changes every 3,000 miles or annually, whichever comes first.
► Check the tire pressure regularly and adjust as needed to ensure optimal performance and safety.
► Inspect the drive belt tension and condition periodically, adjusting or replacing it as necessary.
► Clean and lubricate the chain (if applicable) according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Keep an eye on the brake pads and replace them when they are worn beyond the recommended thickness.
► Flush and replace the brake fluid as per the maintenance schedule.
► Check the battery's condition and charge regularly to prevent starting issues.
► Clean and lubricate the throttle cables for smooth operation.
► Inspect the clutch cable for any signs of wear or tension issues and adjust or replace it as needed.
► Ensure the air filter is clean and replace it when it becomes dirty or clogged.
► Common issues reported by Victory Hammer, Jackpot owners include occasional electrical gremlins, such as faulty switches or wiring connections. These can often be resolved by checking and reseating connectors, or in some cases, replacing components.
► Another reported issue is occasional clutch slippage, which can be remedied by adjusting the clutch cable or replacing worn clutch plates.
► Some owners have experienced stalling issues at idle, which can be resolved by cleaning the throttle body and idle control valve, or by adjusting the idle air control valve.
Popular tuning tips or modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option can enhance the bike's sound and improve airflow, resulting in a slight increase in power.
* Installing a performance air intake kit can further improve the engine's breathing and increase power output.
* Adding a fuel management system, such as a Power Commander, allows for precise tuning and optimizing fuel delivery for aftermarket modifications.
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as installing progressive-rate shocks or aftermarket fork springs, can improve the bike's handling and ride quality.
* Swapping the stock handlebars for a different style or height can provide a more personalized riding position.
* Customizing the bike's appearance with aftermarket accessories, such as chrome covers, LED lighting, or custom paintwork, is a popular way to make it stand out.
* Adding a touring windscreen or saddlebags can transform the Victory Hammer, Jackpot into a comfortable long-distance cruiser.
Available accessories, attachments, and aftermarket options:
■ Victory offered a range of official accessories for the Hammer, Jackpot, including luggage options, passenger backrests, windshields, and performance upgrades.
■ Aftermarket companies provided additional options such as custom seats, handlebars, grips, exhaust systems, and lighting upgrades.
■ Saddlebag options from various manufacturers allowed for increased storage capacity.
■ Riders could choose from a variety of aftermarket windshields and fairings to enhance wind protection.
■ Custom wheels and fender kits were available to personalize the bike's appearance.
■ Additional performance upgrades included high-flow air filters, big bore kits, and performance camshafts.
■ Riders could opt for aftermarket audio systems or Bluetooth communication devices to enhance their riding experience.
Owner reviews and opinions about the strengths and weaknesses:
☺ Powerful and smooth engine performance, delivering ample torque for effortless acceleration.
☺ Excellent handling and stability, providing confidence in corners and at high speeds.
☺ Stylish and attention-grabbing design, turning heads wherever it goes.
☺ Comfortable riding position for both short rides and long-distance touring.
☺ High-quality construction and durability, built to last.
☺ Availability of a wide range of accessories and aftermarket options to customize the bike according to personal preferences.
☻ Limited fuel capacity, requiring more frequent refueling on long rides.
☻ Some owners have reported occasional electrical issues, which can be frustrating to diagnose and fix.
☻ The stock seat may not be comfortable for all riders, especially on extended rides.
☻ Limited wind protection, making highway cruising a bit tiring on longer trips.
Repairs that need to be carried out most frequently and parts that often break:
→ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil changes, filter replacements, and brake pad changes are common.
→ Clutch cable adjustments or replacements may be necessary to address clutch-related issues.
→ Ignition switch failures have been reported occasionally, requiring replacement.
→ Fuel injectors can sometimes become clogged and may need cleaning or replacement.
→ Battery replacement or charging issues may arise over time.
→ Brake caliper seals may wear out, resulting in leaks and reduced braking performance.
→ Some owners have experienced wiring harness issues, requiring repairs or replacement.
→ Exhaust gaskets and seals may deteriorate over time, leading to leaks and increased noise.
Access the comprehensive shop handbook for Victory motorcycles by clicking on the green button for a convenient download. Upon completing the payment, your official Victory OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link will be displayed on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you with the payment and download information.