This manual is applicable to the following models:
2000-2002 Mazda MPV
2.5 L GY-DE I4 (99-01)
2.5 L AJ V6 (99-01)
3.0 L AJ V6 (02-05)
Model or production year(s): 2000 2001, 2002
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Access MPV Fixes with PDF Guides"
Gain exclusive access to PDF guides providing comprehensive fixes for the 2000-2002 Mazda MPV. In this article, we'll explore engine specs, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Whether you own a Mazda MPV or considering purchasing one, this information will help you understand and maintain the 2000-2002 Mazda MPV.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 2000-2002 Mazda MPV was available with a 2.5-liter V6 engine.
• The engine produced approximately 170 horsepower and 160 lb-ft of torque.
• The MPV featured a four-speed automatic transmission.
• It had a front-wheel-drive configuration.
• Fuel delivery was managed by electronic fuel injection.
• The MPV had a MacPherson strut front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension.
• It offered power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering for responsive handling.
• The MPV had a curb weight ranging from approximately 3,630 to 3,770 pounds.
• The fuel tank capacity was approximately 19.8 gallons.
• It rode on 15-inch wheels.
• The MPV had a wheelbase of around 111.8 inches.
• The overall length was approximately 187.8 inches.
• The width of the MPV was around 71.7 inches.
• The height ranged from approximately 68.9 to 69.3 inches.
• The MPV offered seating for up to seven occupants with three rows of seats.
• It had a maximum cargo capacity of approximately 127 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
• The MPV featured front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
• Safety features included dual front airbags and optional antilock braking system (ABS).
Facts and Details:
• The 2000-2002 Mazda MPV represented the second generation of the MPV model line.
• It featured a sleek and aerodynamic design, reflecting Mazda's commitment to style and functionality.
• The MPV was known for its spacious interior, offering versatile seating configurations and ample cargo space.
• It provided a comfortable ride and responsive handling, making it suitable for daily commuting and family road trips.
• The MPV offered sliding rear side doors, facilitating easy entry and exit, especially in tight spaces.
• It boasted innovative features like a fold-flat third-row seat, allowing for increased cargo capacity when needed.
• The MPV was equipped with a range of convenience features, including power windows, power door locks, and keyless entry.
• It received positive reviews for its reliability and durability, with many owners reporting long-lasting performance.
• The MPV showcased Mazda's commitment to safety, offering optional features such as traction control and side-impact airbags.
• These models had a reputation for being fuel-efficient and economical choices in the MPV segment.
• The MPV's compact size and nimble handling made it maneuverable in urban environments.
• It garnered praise for its comfortable and supportive seating, ensuring a pleasant driving experience.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
Regular maintenance intervals may vary based on mileage and specific model, so it's essential to consult the owner's manual for precise recommendations.
General maintenance tips include regular oil changes, checking and replacing filters (air, oil, and fuel), inspecting and maintaining tire pressure, and ensuring proper fluid levels.
Common issues with the Mazda MPV may include electrical problems, transmission issues, and suspension component wear. Timely inspections and addressing issues promptly can prevent further damage and ensure optimal performance.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
1. Suspension Upgrades: Consider upgrading the suspension with aftermarket components to improve handling and ride quality.
2. Exhaust System: Install a performance exhaust system for enhanced sound and potential power gains.
3. Air Intake: Upgrade to a high-flow air intake system for increased airflow and potentially improved performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
The 2000-2002 Mazda MPV offered various accessories and aftermarket options, including:
+ Roof racks and cargo carriers
+ Floor mats and seat covers
+ Entertainment systems (DVD players, screens, etc.)
+ Exterior styling enhancements (spoilers, body kits, etc.)
+ Upgraded audio systems
+ Towing packages and hitch accessories
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Owner reviews and opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of the 2000-2002 Mazda MPV can be found on various online forums, automotive review websites, and owner communities. These reviews provide insights into the car's performance, reliability, comfort, and overall ownership experience.
Repairs That Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
* Electrical system repairs, including issues with wiring, switches, and malfunctioning components.
* Transmission repairs, such as addressing shift solenoid failures, torque converter issues, or transmission fluid leaks.
* Regular maintenance tasks like oil changes, filter replacements, and spark plug replacements.
* Suspension repairs, including the replacement of worn-out components such as shocks, struts, and control arms.
* Cooling system repairs, including radiator replacements and addressing coolant leaks.
Click the green button to initiate the download of your comprehensive shop handbook, providing troubleshooting tips, maintenance guidelines, and repair information for your Mazda. Purchase your copy from the RepairLoader marketplace, conveniently with PayPal.
Upon completing your payment through PayPal, your official Mazda OEM shop manual/parts list download link will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for immediate access.
Price: 18.99 USD