To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: VTX1300S, VTX1300R / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd / Honda Motor Company
Model or production year(s): 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Cruiser Motorcycle Fixes: Buy and Download PDF Guide for Honda VTX1300S and VTX1300R"
Looking to enhance your cruiser motorcycle experience? Look no further! We have compiled a comprehensive PDF guide that provides engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more for the 2002-2006 Honda VTX1300S and VTX1300R models. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a beginner, this guide will equip you with the knowledge you need to optimize your motorcycle's performance and longevity. Read on to discover everything you need to know about these incredible Honda cruisers.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Honda VTX1300S and VTX1300R models feature a liquid-cooled 1312cc V-twin engine.
• The engine has a bore and stroke measurement of 89.5mm x 104.3mm.
• It utilizes a three-valve-per-cylinder design for improved performance.
• The compression ratio stands at 9.2:1.
• The VTX1300S and VTX1300R models come with a five-speed transmission.
• Both models feature a final drive system with shaft.
• The motorcycles have a fuel capacity of 4.8 gallons (18.2 liters).
• The front suspension consists of 41mm telescopic forks.
• Rear suspension features dual shocks with five-position preload adjustment.
• The wheelbase measures 65.66 inches (1668mm).
• The overall length of the motorcycles is approximately 98.3 inches (2496mm).
• The VTX1300S and VTX1300R have a dry weight of around 641 lbs (291 kg).
• Both models come equipped with a single front disc brake and rear drum brake.
• The front tire size is 140/80-17, while the rear tire size is 170/80-15.
• The bikes feature a rake (fork angle) of 32 degrees and a trail of 5.9 inches (149mm).
• The VTX1300S and VTX1300R have a seat height of 27.4 inches (696mm).
• The motorcycles offer a ground clearance of 5.4 inches (137mm).
• They come with a standard 12V electrical system.
• The bikes have a maximum power output of 75 horsepower (56 kW) at 5,000 RPM.
• The maximum torque produced is 87 ft-lb (118 Nm) at 3,000 RPM.
Facts and Details:
- The VTX1300S model is classified as a "Sport Cruiser," while the VTX1300R is a "Retro Cruiser."
- Both models share the same engine and many other components but differ in styling and features.
- The VTX1300S features a more streamlined, contemporary design, while the VTX1300R embraces a classic cruiser look.
- These motorcycles were lauded for their comfortable riding position and excellent ergonomics.
- The VTX1300S and VTX1300R offer a smooth and powerful ride, making them suitable for long-distance cruising.
- Both models have a spacious and comfortable seat, allowing for extended riding without discomfort.
- The bikes boast impressive low-end torque, providing ample power for overtaking and highway cruising.
- Fuel efficiency is a strong suit of the VTX1300S and VTX1300R, allowing for longer rides between refueling.
- The motorcycles feature a large fuel tank, minimizing the need for frequent stops at gas stations.
- The VTX1300S and VTX1300R are known for their reliability, with many riders reporting minimal mechanical issues.
- The engines are well-balanced and smooth, delivering a pleasant and vibration-free riding experience.
- Both models come with a wide range of available accessories to customize and personalize the motorcycles.
- The aftermarket options for these Honda cruisers include exhaust systems, air filters, saddlebags, windshields, and more.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil and filter change: Recommended every 3,000 miles or annually, using the manufacturer-recommended oil viscosity.
► Spark plug replacement: Replace spark plugs every 8,000-12,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
► Air filter maintenance: Clean or replace the air filter every 12,000 miles or as necessary.
► Tire maintenance: Check tire pressure regularly and ensure proper tread depth for optimal performance and safety.
► Brake system: Inspect brake pads, discs, and fluid levels periodically, following the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual.
► Cooling system: Regularly check coolant levels and inspect hoses for any signs of leakage or damage.
► Chain maintenance (if applicable): Clean, lubricate, and adjust the chain regularly for smooth operation and extended chain life.
► Electrical system: Check battery terminals, connections, and overall system health periodically.
► Common issues: Some riders have reported occasional stalling issues, which can often be resolved by cleaning the carburetor and adjusting the idle mixture. Another known issue is a faulty fuel gauge, which may require recalibration or replacement.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to aftermarket options for improved performance and sound.
* Installing a high-flow air filter or intake kit to enhance airflow and increase power.
* Adding a fuel management system to optimize fuel delivery and fine-tune the engine's performance.
* Customizing the handlebars and controls to achieve a more personalized riding position.
* Upgrading the suspension components for improved comfort and handling characteristics.
* Installing aftermarket accessories like highway pegs, backrests, or luggage racks to enhance long-distance touring capabilities.
* Adding a windshield or fairing for increased wind protection during highway cruising.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ Saddlebags and luggage options for increased storage capacity.
■ Windshields and fairings for improved wind protection.
■ Custom seats for enhanced comfort and personalized style.
■ Exhaust systems for improved performance and sound.
■ High-performance air filters and intake kits.
■ Engine guards and highway bars for added protection.
■ LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and aesthetics.
■ Audio systems for entertainment during long rides.
■ Custom paint and graphics options for personalized styling.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Comfortable ride, excellent low-end torque, stylish design, good fuel efficiency, reliable engine.
☺ Weaknesses: Limited ground clearance, occasional stalling issues (which can be resolved), fuel gauge accuracy.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages for VTX1300S and VTX1300R:
→ Carburetor: Cleaning and adjusting the carburetor is a common maintenance task.
→ Spark plugs: Regular replacement of spark plugs ensures optimal engine performance.
→ Brake pads: Brake pads wear out over time and need periodic replacement.
→ Battery: The battery may require replacement after a few years of use.
→ Tires: Tires may wear out and need replacement depending on mileage and usage.
→ Electrical connections: Occasionally, electrical connections may become loose or corroded, requiring inspection and repair.
Experience the power of Honda with a downloadable manual available for instant access. Upon completing the payment, you will instantly receive the download link for the official Honda OEM shop manual and parts list. Additionally, the payment and download information will be promptly emailed to you.