To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: 300 3179, 4239, 6359, 4276, 6414 / John Deere Construction / John Deere / JD / Deere & Company
John Deere 3179
John Deere 4239
John Deere 6359
John Deere 4276
John Deere 6414
Publication Number: CTM4
John Deere Component Technical Service Repair Manual covers the recommended repair and test procedures for the following Series 300 3179, 4239, 6359, 4276, and 6414 Diesel Engines
- All 179 cu. in. (2.9 L), 239 cu. in. (3.9 L), and 359 cu. in. (5.9 L) produced in Saran, France having Engine Serial No. (CD394145 ).
- All 239 cu. in. (3.9 L) and 359 cu. in. (5.9 L) produced in Dubuque, Iowa having Engine Serial No. (T0100001300000).
- All 276 cu. in. (4.5 L) and 414 cu. in. (6.8 L) produced in Dubuque, Iowa having Engine Serial No. (T0100001300000).
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the John Deere Diesel Engine Service Manual: Get Expert Guidance for Maintenance and Repairs"
If you own a John Deere diesel engine and need a comprehensive service manual to assist you in maintaining and repairing your engine, you're in the right place. By downloading the John Deere diesel engine service manual, you gain access to detailed instructions, technical specifications, and valuable insights to keep your engine running smoothly. This manual will provide you with the knowledge and guidance you need to perform regular maintenance, address common issues, explore tuning options, and find compatible accessories and attachments. Read on to discover the engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, and more for the John Deere 300 3179, 4239, 6359, 4276, 6414 diesel engine.
• The John Deere 300 series diesel engines are four-cylinder, naturally aspirated engines.
• The engines are available in different displacements: 3.179 liters, 4.239 liters, 6.359 liters, 4.276 liters, and 6.414 liters.
• These engines are designed for reliable and efficient performance in various applications.
• They utilize direct injection technology for improved fuel efficiency and power output.
• The engines have a cast iron cylinder block for durability and heat dissipation.
• They feature overhead valve designs for efficient combustion and reduced emissions.
• The John Deere 300 series engines have a rated horsepower range from approximately 40 to 200 horsepower.
• They offer low noise and vibration levels for improved operator comfort.
• The engines incorporate robust cooling systems to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
• They have a dual-element air cleaner for effective filtration and engine protection.
• The John Deere 300 series engines utilize a mechanical governor system for precise speed control.
• They feature a reliable electrical system, including a starter motor and alternator.
• The engines are compatible with both 12-volt and 24-volt electrical systems, depending on the model.
• They have a fuel system with fuel filters and fuel injection pumps for efficient fuel delivery.
• The engines utilize a pressurized lubrication system with oil filters for proper lubrication and engine protection.
• They feature a standard 4-stroke cycle (intake, compression, power, exhaust) for efficient power generation.
• The John Deere 300 series engines are designed to meet or exceed emissions regulations.
• They have a relatively compact size and weight, making them suitable for various equipment applications.
• The engines offer easy access to service points for routine maintenance and inspection.
• They come with a warranty period to ensure customer satisfaction and support.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 300 series engines are renowned for their durability and reliability.
- They have a proven track record of performance in agricultural, industrial, and construction equipment.
- The engines offer excellent torque characteristics and fuel efficiency.
- They are known for their smooth operation and low operating costs.
- The John Deere 300 series engines have been widely used in tractors, combines, loaders, and other heavy-duty machinery.
- They are designed to withstand demanding work conditions and provide consistent power output.
- These engines are compatible with a range of accessories and attachments, allowing for versatile applications.
- The John Deere 300 series engines have a reputation for easy maintenance and serviceability.
- They are supported by a global network of John Deere dealers and service centers.
- These engines have a long service life when properly maintained and serviced.
- The John Deere 300 series engines are known for their smooth and quiet operation.
- They offer good cold-starting performance, even in challenging weather conditions.
- These engines have a modular design, making it easier to replace individual components when necessary.
- The John Deere 300 series engines are backed by the reputation and expertise of the John Deere brand.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the recommended maintenance intervals provided in the service manual for oil changes, filter replacements, and inspections.
► Keep the air cleaner system clean and free from debris to ensure proper engine performance.
► Regularly check and maintain proper coolant levels and condition to prevent overheating.
► Inspect and adjust the engine's belts and hoses for wear or damage.
► Monitor and maintain proper fuel quality to prevent fuel system issues.
► Clean or replace fuel filters at regular intervals to prevent fuel delivery problems.
► Regularly inspect and maintain the engine's electrical system, including battery connections and charging system.
► Address any abnormal engine noises or vibrations promptly to avoid further damage.
► Keep the engine's cooling system clean and free from debris to prevent overheating.
► Ensure proper lubrication by following the recommended oil change intervals and using the correct oil viscosity.
► Regularly inspect and clean the exhaust system to prevent blockages and emissions issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading to a high-flow air filter or intake system for improved airflow and performance.
* Adding a performance chip or tuner to optimize fuel delivery and increase power output.
* Installing an aftermarket exhaust system for enhanced exhaust flow and a more aggressive sound.
* Upgrading the fuel injection system for improved fuel atomization and combustion efficiency.
* Using synthetic oils for reduced friction and improved engine protection.
* Installing a larger or more efficient intercooler to lower intake air temperatures.
* Upgrading the turbocharger for increased boost pressure and power.
Accessories and Attachments (as per the official manual):
■ Radiators and Cooling System Components
■ Air Cleaners and Filters
■ Exhaust Systems and Mufflers
■ Fuel Injection Components
■ Turbochargers and Intercoolers
■ Electrical System Components
■ Belts and Hoses
■ Oil Filters and Lubrication System Components
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Excellent reliability and durability.
☺ Good fuel efficiency.
☺ Easy to service and maintain.
☺ Smooth operation and low noise levels.
☺ Suitable for various applications and equipment.
☻ Limited power output compared to larger engines.
☻ Some models may require specialized tools for maintenance and repairs.
☻ Parts availability may vary in certain regions.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Regular oil and filter changes.
→ Replacement of worn or damaged belts and hoses.
→ Fuel system maintenance, including filter replacements and injector cleaning.
→ Cooling system repairs, such as radiator cleaning and thermostat replacements.
→ Inspection and maintenance of the exhaust system.
→ Regular checks and maintenance of electrical connections and components.
→ Turbocharger maintenance, including cleaning and inspections.
→ Addressing any oil leaks or seal replacements.
→ Regular inspections and adjustments of valve clearances.
→ Replacement of worn or damaged gaskets and seals.
→ Repairing or replacing any damaged sensors or switches.
→ Regular maintenance of the air intake system, including air filter replacements.
To access the detailed shop handbook for your John Deere diesel engine, simply click the button below to download the PDF manual for fixing and maintaining your John Deere engine. Upon completing the payment process, your download link for the official John Deere OEM shop manual and parts list will be provided on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.