To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Models / brand or manufacturer: 4500, 4600, 4700, 4000 Compact Series / John Deere / Deere & Company / JD, built in Augusta, Georgia, USA.
John Deere 4500 Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1998 to 2001)
John Deere 4600 Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1998 to 2002)
John Deere 4700 Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1998 to 2003)
John Deere 4500HC Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1999 to 2001)
John Deere 4600HC Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1999 to 2002)
John Deere 4700HC Compact Utility Tractor (Produced from 1999 to 2003)
4500: LV4500H110001 - LV4500H119999
4600: LV4600H110001 - LV4600H119999
4700: LV4700H110001 - LV4700H119999
Engine 4500 specs: Yanmar 4TNE84, diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 122 ci, 2.0 L, 3.307x3.543 inches, 84 x 90 mm, 39 hp, 29.1 kW, direct injection, 18:1, 92 lb-ft, 124.8 Nm.
Engine 4600 specs: Yanmar 4TNE84, see above, 121 ci, 2.0 L, 3.307x3.543 inches, 84 x 90 mm, 43 hp, 32.1 kW, 18:1, 98 lb-ft, 132.9 Nm.
Engine 4700 specs: Yanmar 4TNE88, diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 134 ci, 2.2 L, 3.465x3.543 inches, 88 x 90 mm, 48 hp, 35.8 kW, direct injection, 18:1, 108 lb-ft, 146.4 Nm.
Production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
Publication number: TM1679 (Jun00)
Manual Language: English (some of our manuals are multilingual)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Your OEM Manual - Download Now for John Deere 4500, 4600, 4700 Compact Utility Tractor!"
When it comes to managing a small farm or handling landscaping tasks, the John Deere 4500, 4600, and 4700 compact utility tractors have proven to be reliable workhorses. To ensure you make the most of these versatile machines and keep them running at their best, having access to the official OEM manual is crucial. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the engine specifications, technical data, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, compatible accessories, and more for the John Deere 4500, 4600, and 4700 compact utility tractors. Whether you're a seasoned farmer or a homeowner with a passion for maintaining a pristine landscape, this knowledge will help you harness the full potential of your compact utility tractor.
Engine Specifications / Technical Data:
• Engine Type: Yanmar 3TNE84 diesel engine
• Displacement: 1.5 liters (91.5 cubic inches)
• Horsepower: 39.4 HP for the 4500 model, 43.1 HP for the 4600 model, 48.2 HP for the 4700 model
• Cylinders: 3-cylinder engine configuration
• Aspiration: Natural aspirated
• Cooling: Liquid-cooled
• Transmission: SyncReverser (12 forward and 12 reverse speeds) for the 4500 and 4600 models, PowrReverser (12 forward and 12 reverse speeds) for the 4700 model
• Hydraulic System: Open-center hydraulic system with a gear pump
• Hydraulic Flow: 9.2 gallons per minute (GPM) for the 4500 model, 9.5 GPM for the 4600 model, 9.6 GPM for the 4700 model
• Rear Lift Capacity: Approximately 3,527 lbs for the 4500 and 4600 models, 3,968 lbs for the 4700 model
• Power Take-Off (PTO): Independent rear PTO with two speed options (540 and 540E RPM)
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 10.5 gallons
• Front Tires: Varies depending on model and configuration
• Rear Tires: Varies depending on model and configuration
• Wheelbase: Approximately 72.8 inches
• Length: Approximately 123.6 inches
• Width: Approximately 62.4 inches
• Height: Approximately 96.4 inches
• Weight: Approximately 3,638 lbs for the 4500 model, 3,682 lbs for the 4600 model, 3,916 lbs for the 4700 model
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 4500, 4600, and 4700 compact utility tractors belong to the 4000 Series of utility tractors, known for their versatility and durability.
- These tractors are designed to handle various tasks, such as mowing, tilling, and loader work, making them suitable for both agricultural and landscaping applications.
- The Yanmar diesel engine used in these models is renowned for its reliability and fuel efficiency, providing sufficient power for a wide range of tasks.
- The SyncReverser and PowrReverser transmissions offer convenient forward and reverse operations, enhancing maneuverability and efficiency.
- The independent rear PTO with multiple speed options allows operators to adapt to different implements and attachments.
- The open-center hydraulic system with a gear pump provides ample hydraulic flow for efficient operation of compatible implements.
- The compact size and tight turning radius of these tractors make them suitable for navigating tight spaces and narrow farm lanes.
- The ergonomic operator station offers a comfortable working environment with easy-to-reach controls and excellent visibility.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals: Follow the manufacturer's recommended service schedule outlined in the owner's manual.
► Engine oil and filter changes: Replace the engine oil and filter every 100 to 200 hours of operation or annually, depending on usage.
► Air filter maintenance: Clean or replace the air filter regularly to ensure proper engine performance and fuel efficiency.
► Cooling system maintenance: Regularly check the coolant level and inspect hoses and connections for leaks.
► Lubrication: Keep all pivot points, linkage, and fittings lubricated to ensure smooth operation and extend component life.
► Common issues and solutions: Some tractors may experience hydraulic system problems, such as leaks or reduced performance. Regular inspection and addressing leaks promptly can prevent further issues.
Five Tips for Effective John Deere:
1. Adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual to keep your tractor running smoothly.
2. Clean the tractor regularly to prevent the buildup of debris and dirt, which can lead to damage and reduce performance.
3. Check tire pressure regularly and maintain proper inflation to ensure optimal traction and stability.
4. Grease all fittings and pivot points as recommended to reduce wear and improve performance.
5. Store the tractor in a covered and dry area to protect it from the elements and extend its lifespan.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Upgrading to a more robust loader or backhoe can enhance the tractor's versatility and productivity.
■ Installing additional lighting for improved visibility during nighttime operations or in low-light conditions.
■ Adding a roll bar or cab enclosure for increased operator safety and protection from the elements.
■ Installing rear hydraulics and remote valves for easier attachment operation and increased hydraulic capacity.
■ Upgrading the tractor's tires to specialized treads for specific tasks, such as agricultural work or turf maintenance.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Front-end loaders with various bucket options for material handling tasks.
+ Backhoes for digging and excavation work.
+ Mower decks and rotary cutters for lawn and pasture maintenance.
+ Landscape rakes for leveling and grading soil.
+ Snow blowers and blades for snow removal.
+ Post hole diggers for fence installation.
+ Box blades for land leveling and soil preparation.
+ Pallet forks for moving heavy objects and materials.
+ Bale spears for handling round and square bales.
Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Owners praise the reliability and durability of these tractors, particularly for their ability to handle a wide range of tasks.
☺ The comfortable operator station and easy-to-use controls receive positive feedback, ensuring a pleasant working experience.
☺ The compact size and maneuverability are highly valued by owners who need to work in tight spaces or confined areas.
☺ The Yanmar diesel engine's fuel efficiency and power delivery are applauded by owners for their excellent performance.
☺ The tractor's compatibility with a variety of attachments and implements allows for versatile use on the farm or property.
☻ Some owners have reported issues with hydraulic leaks or reduced hydraulic performance, which may require inspection and repair.
☻ A few users have mentioned occasional electrical issues, such as faulty sensors or wiring problems, which can be addressed through proper maintenance and troubleshooting.
The John Deere 4500, 4600, and 4700 compact utility tractors are reliable and versatile machines that excel in various tasks, making them valuable assets for farmers, landscapers, and property owners. With proper maintenance, adherence to service intervals, and addressing common issues promptly, these tractors can provide many years of reliable and efficient operation. From their powerful Yanmar engines to their compatibility with a wide range of attachments and implements, the John Deere 4500, 4600, and 4700 compact utility tractors remain popular choices for those seeking dependable performance in a compact package.
Frequent Repairs and Parts that Often Break:
→ Hydraulic system components, such as hoses and seals, may require regular inspection and replacement due to wear and tear.
→ Regular maintenance of the cooling system, including coolant flushes and radiator cleaning, is essential to prevent overheating issues.
→ The clutch might need adjustment or replacement with extended use.
→ Proper lubrication and inspection of the transmission and driveline components are crucial to maintain smooth operation.
→ Regular checks and maintenance of the PTO shaft and components can prevent power transfer issues.
Buy the PDF John Deere manual now and unlock the secrets to maintaining your compact utility tractor like a pro! Upon completing your purchase, you will receive the original John Deere shop manual and parts list as a downloadable PDF. The download link will appear on the checkout page after payment, and we will immediately send you a payment confirmation via email.