To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below.
More information: Get your John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, GX345 garden tractor repair manual here for instant download
Table of Contents
- Power Train
Please note that the following table of contents is a partial overview and does not cover all the sections and topics included in the manual. It provides a glimpse of the manual's content.
This John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, GX345 garden tractor repair manual is an essential tool for mechanics, technicians, and owners. It provides detailed information on maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting, making it easier to keep the equipment in top condition and address any issues that may arise.
The price of this manual, handbooks, and repair guides are set by the seller of the manuals themselves, so it is possible that the same manual is offered at a different price on another page here. Please compare prices before deciding to purchase.
For many of our manuals, there are comments and ratings from other users at the end of the detail page to make your purchase decision easier. Please leave a review after your purchase to help other users make their purchasing decision.
Don't hesitate and download the repair manual you need now. You get a lifetime guarantee for the download, as described in our FAQs here.
To contact the seller of the manual, please use our contact form here and we will forward your request or take care of it directly.
If you liked our service, please recommend us on social media and follow us on Facebook.
Click the download button and instantly download this manual.# Serial Numbers:
- The serial numbers for the John Deere GX255 range from 000001 to 002000.
- The serial numbers for the John Deere GX325 range from 000001 to 060000.
- The serial numbers for the John Deere GX335 range from 000001 to 040000.
- The serial numbers for the John Deere GX345 range from 000001 to 040000.
Engine GX255 specs:
- Kawasaki FH601V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, 675 cc, 41.2 ci, 2.96x2.99 inches, 75 mm x 76 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW.
Engine GX325 specs:
- Kawasaki FH531V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, 491 cc, 30 ci, 2.68x2.68 inches, 68 mm x 68 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, 8.5:1.
Engine GX335 specs:
- Kawasaki FH601V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, 675 cc, 41.2 ci, 2.96x2.99 inches, 75 mm x 76 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW, 8.1:1.
Engine GX345 specs:
- Kawasaki FH601V, ..., see above.
- 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Get Your John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, GX345 Garden Tractor Manual and Parts Catalog as a Downloadable PDF
Keep your John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, and GX345 garden tractors in top condition with the manual and parts catalog available as a downloadable PDF. In this article, we will provide you with 30 engine specifications and technical specs, interesting facts, and details about these garden tractors, and a unique way to purchase and download your manual and parts catalog.
Engine Specifications/Tech Specs:
- Engine Type: Kawasaki FH series, OHV, V-twin, air-cooled gasoline engine
- Horsepower: 20 (GX255), 18 (GX325), 20 (GX335), 20 (GX345)
- Displacement: 617 cc (GX255), 570 cc (GX325, GX335, GX345)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Transmission: Hydrostatic transmission with Twin Touch pedals
- Steering: Manual sector and pinion
- Front Tires: 16x6.5-8
- Rear Tires: 23x10.5-12
- Cutting Width: 48 inches (GX255), 48 inches (GX325), 54 inches (GX335, GX345)
- Cutting Height: 1-4 inches
- Blade Engagement: Electric PTO
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,500 feet per minute
- Blade Material: 11-gauge steel
- Deck Material: 10-gauge steel
- Blade Spindle Material: Die-cast aluminum
- Turning Radius: 22 inches
- Weight: 715 lbs (GX255), 710 lbs (GX325), 750 lbs (GX335), 755 lbs (GX345)
- Length: 75 inches (GX255), 73.4 inches (GX325), 76 inches (GX335, GX345)
- Width: 56.5 inches
- Height: 47 inches
- Wheelbase: 49.2 inches
- Ground Clearance: 4.5 inches
- Maximum Forward Speed: 7.2 mph
- Maximum Reverse Speed: 3.5 mph
- Seat: High-back seat with armrests and 5-position adjustment
- Alternator: 15 amp
- Battery: 340 cold cranking amps
- Mower Lift: Hydraulic
- Mower Deck Thickness: 11 gauge
- Mower Deck Lift: Foot operated
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, and GX345 garden tractors were produced from 2002 to 2005.
- These tractors are versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks, including mowing, hauling, and tilling.
- The hydrostatic transmission provides smooth and easy operation.
- The electric PTO engages the blades quickly and smoothly.
- The comfortable high-back seat and ergonomic controls make these tractors easy to operate for extended periods of time.
- The cutting deck is adjustable and can be raised or lowered with ease.
- The tractors have a tight turning radius, making them ideal for small and tight spaces.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
- Regular Oil Changes: Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for oil change intervals, typically every 50 hours of operation or once a season. Use the recommended oil type and filter for optimal engine performance.
- Air Filter Cleaning/Replacement: Check the air filter regularly and clean it if it's a washable filter or replace it if it's a disposable one. Clean air filters ensure better fuel efficiency and protect the engine from debris.
- Spark Plug Inspection: Inspect and clean or replace the spark plugs at least once a season. Faulty spark plugs can lead to poor engine performance and increased fuel consumption.
- Mower Deck Maintenance: Keep the mower deck clean to prevent grass buildup and rust. Check the blades regularly and sharpen or replace them as needed for a clean and precise cut.
- Battery Care: Check the battery terminals for corrosion and keep them clean. Charge the battery during the offseason to maintain its health and prolong its life.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- Starting Problems: If the tractor struggles to start, check the battery charge, clean the spark plugs, and ensure the fuel filter is clean.
- Transmission Troubles: Low or dirty transmission fluid can cause issues. Check the fluid levels and replace if necessary following the manual guidelines.
- Uneven Cutting: If the mower deck leaves uncut grass or cuts unevenly, inspect the blades for damage and ensure they are balanced. Also, check the deck level and adjust if needed.
- Overheating: Ensure the cooling fins and radiator are clean and free of debris. Check the coolant level and consider flushing the cooling system periodically.
- Steering Problems: If the steering feels stiff or unresponsive, inspect the steering components for wear and lubricate them according to the manual.
Effective Maintenance Tips:
- Keep up with regular maintenance schedules to ensure optimum performance.
- Store the tractor in a dry, sheltered area to prevent rust and damage from the elements.
- Lubricate moving parts, such as steering and deck components, to reduce wear and extend their lifespan.
- Clean the tractor thoroughly after each use to prevent debris accumulation.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions when attaching and using accessories or attachments.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Installing a performance air filter and exhaust system for improved airflow and engine efficiency.
- Upgrading the tires for better traction and stability.
- Adding LED lights for enhanced visibility during low-light conditions.
- Installing a mulching kit to finely chop grass clippings and improve lawn health.
Accessories and Attachments:
-Snow blades and blowers
-Sun shades and canopies
-Sprayers and spreaders
- Reliable and durable construction, ensuring years of trouble-free use.
- Powerful engine and smooth operation for efficient mowing.
- Versatile with a wide range of compatible attachments for various tasks.
- Comfortable seating and intuitive controls for a pleasant user experience.
- Excellent customer support and readily available spare parts.
- Some users found the turning radius to be a bit limited in tight spaces.
- The initial cost may be higher compared to other brands, but the performance justifies the investment.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
- Mower Blades
- Belts (Drive and Deck)
- Spark Plugs
- Air Filters
- Ignition Switches
- Fuel Filters
- PTO Clutches
Securely purchase the comprehensive PDF shop handbook/repair manual for John Deere GX255, GX325, GX335, GX345 garden tractors using PayPal.
Upon completing the PayPal payment, you will gain access to the download link for the authentic OEM John Deere shop manual and parts list. Additionally, you will receive an immediate payment confirmation via email.