To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: Spyder RS / BRP Can Am
2008 Can Am Spyder RS (Base Model)
2008 Can Am Spyder RS (SE5) - Semi-automatic transmission variant
2009 Can Am Spyder RS (Base Model)
2009 Can Am Spyder RS (SE5) - Semi-automatic transmission variant
2010 Can Am Spyder RS (Base Model)
2010 Can Am Spyder RS (SE5) - Semi-automatic transmission variant
Production/model years: 2008, 2009, 2010
Manual Language: English
"Download the Original Parts List and Manual for the 2008-2010 Can Am Spyder RS: Explore Engine Specs and Expert Maintenance Tips!"
Welcome to the ultimate guide for 2008-2010 Can Am Spyder RS owners and enthusiasts! This exclusive manual provides you with the opportunity to download the original parts list and manual for the iconic three-wheeled roadster. In the following sections, we will delve into the technical details and specifications of the Spyder RS's engine, offering valuable insights into its performance capabilities. Moreover, we'll equip you with expert maintenance tips, common issues, and their solutions, ensuring your Can Am Spyder RS remains in optimal condition. Whether you're a seasoned rider or considering becoming one, this guide has everything you need to elevate your Spyder RS experience to new heights. Let's get started on the journey to maximize your riding pleasure!
Engine Specifications / Technical Data:
• Engine Type: Rotax 990 V-twin
• Horsepower: 106 hp @ 8,500 rpm
• Torque: 77 lb-ft @ 6,250 rpm
• Displacement: 998 cc
• Bore x Stroke: 97 mm x 68 mm
• Valvetrain: DOHC, 8 valves per cylinder
• Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
• Fuel Delivery: Multi-point EFI with 57 mm throttle bodies
• Ignition System: Electronic ignition with dual output coil
• Cooling System: Liquid-cooled
• Transmission: 5-speed manual with reverse (SE5 semi-automatic transmission available)
• Final Drive: Reinforced drive belt
• Front Suspension: Double A-arm with anti-roll bar
• Rear Suspension: Swing-arm with monoshock, adjustable preload
• Front Brakes: Dual 260 mm discs with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers
• Rear Brake: Single 260 mm disc with Brembo single-piston floating caliper
• Front Tire: 165/65R14
• Rear Tires: 225/50R15
• Wheelbase: 68 inches
• Length: 105 inches
• Width: 59.3 inches
• Height: 45.1 inches
• Seat Height: 29 inches
• Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gallons
• Dry Weight: Approximately 699 lbs
Facts and Details:
- The 2008-2010 Can Am Spyder RS is a three-wheeled roadster designed and manufactured by BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products).
- It offers a unique riding experience, combining the thrill of motorcycling with the stability and comfort of a three-wheeled design.
- The Spyder RS features a powerful Rotax 990 V-twin engine, delivering exhilarating performance on the road.
- Equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission (with reverse) or the optional SE5 semi-automatic transmission, riders can choose their preferred shifting style.
- The vehicle's Y-architecture and Vehicle Stability System (VSS) ensure a confident and safe ride, particularly during cornering and braking.
- The Spyder RS's double A-arm front suspension and swing-arm rear suspension provide a smooth and controlled ride, absorbing road imperfections.
- The unique riding position, adjustable handlebars, and comfortable seat allow for extended rides with reduced fatigue.
- To enhance safety, the Spyder RS comes with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Traction Control System (TCS).
- The roadster's bold and sporty design, coupled with a spacious front storage compartment, adds practicality and style to the riding experience.
- With its reverse gear and electric ignition, maneuvering and starting the Spyder RS are convenient and user-friendly.
► Oil Change: Every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Air Filter: Inspect and clean or replace every 6,000 miles or as needed.
► Spark Plugs: Replace every 12,000 miles or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Coolant Flush: Every two years or as recommended in the owner's manual.
General Maintenance Tips:
+ Follow the recommended maintenance schedule provided in the owner's manual.
+ Regularly check tire pressure, brake fluid, and engine oil levels.
+ Keep the Spyder RS clean and perform regular inspections for any signs of wear or damage.
+ Use high-quality engine oil and fluids as recommended by the manufacturer.
+ Store the Spyder RS in a dry and covered area when not in use to protect it from the elements.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Battery Maintenance: The battery may require regular checks and occasional replacement, especially if the Spyder RS is not frequently used.
■ Drive Belt Wear: The reinforced drive belt can experience wear and require replacement after extended use.
■ Electrical Issues: Occasionally, electrical problems such as blown fuses or faulty connections may occur and need troubleshooting.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Regular Oil Changes: Follow the manufacturer's recommended oil change intervals to keep the engine running smoothly.
2. Inspect Drive Belt: Regularly check the drive belt for signs of wear and replace it if necessary to avoid drivetrain issues.
3. Battery Care: Maintain the battery charge and keep the connections clean and tight to avoid starting and electrical problems.
4. Tire Maintenance: Check tire pressure regularly and replace worn-out tires for optimal handling and safety.
5. Professional Inspections: Schedule regular professional inspections to catch any potential issues early and ensure the Spyder RS is in top condition.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
♦ Performance Air Intake: Upgrading to a high-flow air intake system can improve engine airflow and enhance performance.
♦ Exhaust System Upgrade: Installing a performance exhaust system can improve engine efficiency and produce a more aggressive sound.
♦ Suspension Upgrades: Upgrading to high-performance suspension components can improve handling and stability.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Rider Comfort Accessories: Backrests, armrests, and heated grips.
+ Storage Solutions: Trunk and saddlebag kits for additional cargo capacity.
+ Windshield Options: Different sizes and styles to customize the riding experience.
+ Lighting Accessories: LED headlights, auxiliary lights, and accent lighting kits.
+ Audio Systems: Premium sound systems with Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone integration.
+ Performance Enhancements: High-performance air filters and exhaust systems.
+ Rider Safety Gear: Helmet communication systems and rider apparel.
+ Rider Protection: Engine guards, skid plates, and mud flaps.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Unique and eye-catching design.
☺ Stable and secure three-wheeled ride.
☺ Powerful and responsive Rotax engine.
☺ Comfortable and adjustable riding position.
☺ Adequate storage space for longer rides.
☻ Initial learning curve for riders transitioning from two-wheeled motorcycles.
☻ Higher maintenance costs compared to traditional motorcycles.
☻ Limited aftermarket support for modifications and accessories.
The 2008-2010 Can Am Spyder RS continues to be a captivating option for riders seeking a distinctive and exhilarating three-wheeled roadster experience. With its powerful Rotax engine, innovative Y-architecture, and comfortable riding position, the Spyder RS offers a unique blend of performance and practicality. Regular maintenance and attentive care are vital to ensure the Spyder RS remains in excellent condition. Following manufacturer-recommended maintenance intervals, inspecting critical components, and addressing common issues promptly will help maintain the vehicle's performance and reliability. Popular tuning options and modifications allow riders to personalize their Spyder RS, enhancing both its aesthetics and performance. With its bold design and engaging riding experience, the 2008-2010 Can Am Spyder RS stands as a testament to innovation and excitement on the open road. Click on the green button to get the Can Am Spyder RS detailed shop handbook/manual in PDF format and unlock the full potential of your roadster. Your download link for the original Can Am shop manual/parts list will appear on the checkout page after the payment, further, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.
Most Frequently Needed Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Drive Belt Replacement: The reinforced drive belt is prone to wear and requires periodic replacement to avoid drivetrain issues.
→ Battery Maintenance: The battery may require regular checks and occasional replacement, especially if the Spyder RS is not frequently used.
→ Brake System Servicing: Regular maintenance of brake pads, rotors, and calipers is essential for optimal braking performance.
→ Cooling System Repairs: Issues with the cooling system, such as leaks or radiator clogs, may need attention to prevent overheating.
→ Electrical Problems: Occasionally, electrical problems such as blown fuses or faulty connections may occur and need troubleshooting.
→ Suspension Component Replacement: Control arm bushings and swing-arm bushings may wear out and require replacement to maintain handling performance.
→ Spark Plug Replacement: Regularly replacing spark plugs is crucial for smooth engine operation and fuel efficiency.
→ Fuel System Cleaning: Periodic fuel system cleaning helps maintain proper fuel delivery and engine performance.
→ Clutch Adjustment or Replacement: Ensuring the clutch is properly adjusted or replacing it when worn is necessary for smooth gear shifts.
→ Starter Motor Issues: Starter motor problems, such as worn brushes or solenoid issues, may require repairs or replacement.
→ Ignition System Maintenance: Regular inspection of ignition coils, ignition wires, and the ignition module is important for reliable starting.
→ Air Filter Replacement: Regular air filter replacements are essential for maintaining engine efficiency and preventing dirt ingestion.
→ Exhaust System Repairs: Exhaust leaks or damage to the exhaust system may require attention to reduce noise and improve performance.
→ Throttle Cable Adjustment: Periodic throttle cable adjustments help maintain precise throttle response.
→ Wheel Bearing Replacement: Worn or damaged wheel bearings may cause noise and affect handling, requiring replacement.
Get the Can Am Spyder RS detailed shop manual in PDF format by clicking on the green button. Once payment is completed, you will receive a download link for the original Can Am shop manual and parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, expect an immediate email with your payment confirmation.