To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in the manual: KX250F / Kawasaki Motorcycle & Engine Company
2004 Kawasaki KX250F
2005 Kawasaki KX250F
2006 Kawasaki KX250F
2007 Kawasaki KX250F
Engine: 249 cc, 15.2 cu, liquid-cooled DOHC four-valve four-stroke single, 77.0 x 53.6 mm, 13:8:1.
Production/model years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download OEM Parts List and Manual for 2004-2007 Kawasaki KX250F Motocross Motorbike: Technical Data, Maintenance Tips, and Tuning Modifications."
Are you a proud owner or enthusiast of the 2004-2007 Kawasaki KX250F motocross motorbike? If so, we have great news for you! Now you can download the official OEM parts list and manual to enhance your riding experience and keep your bike in excellent condition. This comprehensive guide includes 25-35 engine specifications, essential maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, popular tuning tips, compatible accessories, and much more. Read on to discover the secrets of optimizing your Kawasaki KX250F for peak performance and reliability.
• Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder
• Displacement: 249cc
• Bore x Stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
• Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
• Valve System: DOHC, 4 valves
• Fuel System: Keihin FCR37 and hot start circuit
• Ignition System: Digital AC-CDI
• Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
• Final Drive: Chain
• Front Suspension: 47mm inverted telescopic fork, 16-way compression damping adjustment
• Rear Suspension: UNI-TRAK® linkage system, 16-way compression and rebound damping adjustment
• Front Brake: Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc, dual-piston caliper
• Rear Brake: Single 240mm petal disc, single-piston caliper
• Fuel Capacity: 7.2 liters (1.9 gallons)
• Wheelbase: 1,480mm (58.3 inches)
• Ground Clearance: 320mm (12.6 inches)
• Dry Weight: 95.8kg (211 pounds)
Facts and Details:
- The KX250F made its debut in 2004, featuring a powerful and lightweight design.
- Kawasaki collaborated with Suzuki on the development of the KX250F's engine.
- It was the first four-stroke motocross bike in Kawasaki's KX lineup.
- The KX250F received significant updates in 2006, including engine enhancements and a revised chassis.
- In 2007, the KX250F received further refinements to improve performance and handling.
- The bike's aluminum perimeter frame contributes to its agile and responsive handling.
- The engine's high compression ratio provides impressive power and torque output.
- The Keihin FCR37 carburetor is renowned for its precise fuel metering and responsiveness.
- The UNI-TRAK® rear suspension offers excellent shock absorption and traction on rough terrains.
- The KX250F's ergonomic design ensures comfortable and intuitive control for riders.
- The lightweight chassis and powerful engine make it a competitive choice for motocross races.
- The bike's braking system provides excellent stopping power and control during high-speed maneuvers.
- Regular maintenance and proper tuning are crucial for ensuring peak performance and longevity.
- The KX250F has a dedicated fan base of riders who appreciate its performance and reliability.
- Like any motocross bike, proper care and maintenance are essential to keep it running at its best.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil and filter change: Every 10-15 hours of operation.
► Air filter cleaning and inspection: After every ride or every 1-2 hours of operation.
► Valve clearance check: Every 20-30 hours of operation.
► Spark plug replacement: Every 20-30 hours of operation.
► Cooling system inspection: Every 20-30 hours of operation.
► Chain tension and lubrication: Before every ride.
► Throttle and clutch cable inspection: Every 10-15 hours of operation.
Tips for Effective Kawasaki KX250F Maintenance:
* Regularly clean and oil the air filter to prevent dirt from entering the engine.
* Check and adjust valve clearances as per the recommended intervals to ensure proper engine performance.
* Keep the chain properly tensioned and lubricated to maintain smooth power transmission and extend its life.
* Change the engine oil and filter at the recommended intervals to keep the engine running smoothly and protect internal components.
* Inspect and maintain the cooling system to prevent overheating, especially during demanding riding conditions.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Install an aftermarket exhaust system for improved exhaust flow and enhanced performance.
■ Upgrade the carburetor or EFI mapping to optimize fuel delivery for your riding style.
■ Fit a high-performance air filter to increase air intake and improve engine efficiency.
■ Consider swapping the sprockets for different gearing ratios to suit various tracks and riding preferences.
■ Install a suspension tuning kit or seek professional tuning to match the bike's suspension to your weight and riding style.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Graphics kits and custom decals
+ Skid plates and frame guards
+ Handlebars and grips
+ Levers and controls
+ Seat covers and foam
+ Radiator guards and braces
+ Performance exhaust systems
+ Suspension tuning kits
+ Oversized front brake kits
+ Wheels and rims
+ Performance cams and pistons
+ Engine covers and protectors
+ Steering dampers
+ Footpegs and foot controls
+ Chain and sprocket kits
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Impressive power and acceleration
☺ Agile and nimble handling
☺ Durable and reliable engine
☺ Comfortable ergonomics for extended rides
☺ Excellent braking performance
☻ Frequent valve adjustments required
☻ Factory suspension setup may not suit all riders
☻ Initial setup may need tweaking for optimal performance
☻ Some owners reported occasional carburetor tuning issues
☻ Maintenance can be time-consuming and requires attention to detail
The 2004-2007 Kawasaki KX250F motocross motorbike has earned its place as a beloved and respected machine among motocross enthusiasts. Its lightweight and powerful design, combined with agile handling, make it a force to be reckoned with on the track. By following proper maintenance intervals and tuning tips, you can unlock the full potential of your Kawasaki KX250F, ensuring many thrilling rides ahead. So, whether you're a seasoned rider or a newcomer to motocross, the KX250F is ready to deliver a thrilling experience like no other.
Frequently Repaired Components and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Valves and valve springs - frequent adjustments and replacements are necessary to maintain optimal engine performance.
→ Air filter - regular cleaning and replacement are essential to prevent engine damage from dirt and debris.
→ Chain and sprockets - regular maintenance and replacement are needed to avoid power loss and chain breakage.
→ Clutch plates and springs - these components wear out over time and require periodic replacement.
→ Radiator and cooling system - proper maintenance is crucial to prevent overheating and engine damage.
→ Carburetor/EFI system - regular tuning and cleaning are necessary to ensure proper fuel delivery and engine performance.
→ Suspension components - forks and shocks may require servicing and replacement of worn-out parts to maintain optimal handling.
Get the PDF manual for your Kawasaki KX250F by clicking the green button and access a wealth of detailed shop guidelines and maintenance tips. After making your payment, the download link for the original Kawasaki KX250F shop manual and parts list will be provided on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.