To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: Kawasaki KX250F / Kawasaki Motorcycle & Engine Company
Kawasaki KX250F (2006)
Kawasaki KX250F (2007)
Kawasaki KX250F (2008)
Engine: 249 cc (15.2 cu in) liquid-cooled DOHC four-valve four-stroke single, 77.0 x 53.6 mm, 13:8:1
Production/model years: 2006, 2007, 2008
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Repair and Enhance Your Motocross Bike: Purchase the Kawasaki KX250F Shop Manual in PDF Format"
If you own a 2006-2008 Kawasaki KX250F motocross bike, you understand the importance of proper maintenance and repair to keep your bike performing at its best on the track. To assist you in your repair endeavors, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase the official Kawasaki KX250F Shop Manual in convenient PDF format. This comprehensive handbook provides detailed information on engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, available accessories, and much more. Read on to discover everything you need to know about the 2006-2008 Kawasaki KX250F.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2006-2008 Kawasaki KX250F is powered by a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine designed for motocross racing.
• Engine Displacement: The KX250F has a displacement of 249 cc, providing a balance of power and control on the track.
• Bore and Stroke: The engine features a bore and stroke measurement of 77.0 mm x 53.6 mm.
• Compression Ratio: The compression ratio for the KX250F is approximately 12.5:1, allowing for efficient power delivery.
• Fuel System: The bike utilizes a Keihin FCR37 carburetor for precise fuel metering and optimal performance.
• Ignition System: The KX250F features a digital CDI ignition system for reliable spark and efficient combustion.
• Transmission: The bike is equipped with a five-speed transmission, enabling riders to find the right gear for various track conditions.
• Cooling System: The liquid-cooled system ensures optimal engine temperature during intense motocross races.
• Suspension: The KX250F is equipped with adjustable front forks and a rear monoshock suspension for superior handling and stability.
• Brakes: The bike features hydraulic disc brakes both at the front and rear, providing excellent stopping power.
• Weight: The KX250F has a dry weight of approximately 98 kg (216 lbs), contributing to its nimble and agile performance on the track.
• Fuel Capacity: The bike has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 7.2 liters (1.9 gallons), allowing for extended riding sessions.
Facts and Details:
- The Kawasaki KX250F is a highly competitive motocross bike designed for riders who demand top-level performance on the track.
- It features a lightweight and responsive chassis, enabling riders to navigate tight corners and jump with confidence.
- The bike's engine delivers strong and linear power throughout the rev range, providing excellent acceleration and throttle response.
- The KX250F incorporates advanced technology such as the Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR), which facilitates easier kickstarting.
- It has a reputation for being reliable and durable, with proper maintenance and regular servicing contributing to its longevity.
- The KX250F's suspension is highly adjustable, allowing riders to fine-tune the bike's performance to match their riding style and track conditions.
- The bike's nimble handling and precise steering make it suitable for riders of varying skill levels, from amateurs to professional racers.
- Kawasaki's focus on ergonomics ensures rider comfort and control, with the bike's design accommodating a range of rider sizes and preferences.
- The KX250F's high-performance brakes deliver consistent and powerful stopping power, providing confidence and control in all riding situations.
- The bike's aggressive and stylish design reflects its motocross heritage, showcasing Kawasaki's commitment to aesthetics and performance.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for engine oil changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and valve clearance checks.
► Regularly inspect the chain tension and sprocket condition, adjusting and lubricating as needed to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
► Keep the air filter clean and free from debris to prevent engine damage and maintain proper air intake.
► Check and adjust the tire pressure before each ride to ensure proper traction and handling on the track.
► Regularly inspect the brake pads and discs for wear, replacing them when necessary to ensure effective braking performance.
► Pay attention to the cooling system, ensuring proper coolant levels and addressing any leaks or overheating issues promptly.
► Regularly inspect and lubricate control cables, throttle assembly, and clutch mechanism to ensure smooth and precise operation.
► Check and tighten all fasteners and bolts regularly to prevent vibration-induced loosening.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option can improve power delivery and enhance the bike's overall performance.
* Installing an aftermarket suspension kit, such as upgraded forks and shocks, can improve the bike's handling characteristics for specific riding preferences.
* Upgrading the air intake system with a high-flow air filter or aftermarket intake system can improve throttle response and overall engine performance.
* Fine-tuning the carburetor jetting to match the specific riding conditions and altitude can optimize the bike's fuel-air mixture for better performance.
* Upgrading the handlebars and grips can enhance rider comfort and control, reducing fatigue during long motocross sessions.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ High-performance exhaust systems, including full systems or slip-on options, for improved power and sound.
■ Aftermarket suspension components, such as forks, shocks, and linkages, to enhance the bike's handling and adjustability.
■ Upgraded air filters and intake systems for improved airflow and engine performance.
■ Performance-oriented engine tuning modules or fuel mapping systems to optimize power delivery.
■ Ergonomic upgrades, such as handlebars, grips, and footpegs, for enhanced rider comfort and control.
■ Protective accessories, including skid plates, frame guards, and radiator braces, to safeguard the bike's vital components during off-road riding.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the KX250F's powerful engine, providing excellent acceleration and throttle response on the motocross track.
☺ Strengths: The bike's nimble handling and precise steering make it highly maneuverable, allowing riders to tackle tight corners with confidence.
☺ Strengths: The KX250F's suspension system is often praised for its adjustability, enabling riders to fine-tune the bike's performance to match their riding style and track conditions.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners have reported that the bike's stock exhaust system may restrict power output, prompting them to upgrade to aftermarket options for better performance.
☻ Weaknesses: A few owners have experienced issues with the bike's carburetor tuning, requiring adjustments to achieve optimal fuel-air mixture for different riding conditions.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and valve clearance adjustments.
→ Replacement of worn brake pads and discs to ensure proper braking performance.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements due to wear and stretching over time.
→ Suspension component maintenance, including fork seal replacements and shock rebuilds to maintain optimal damping and performance.
→ Replacement of worn-out tires to ensure proper traction and handling on the track.
→ Regular inspections and adjustments of control cables and levers to maintain smooth and precise operation.
→ Replacement of damaged plastics, such as fenders or side panels, due to crashes or general wear and tear.
Gain access to the comprehensive Kawasaki KX250F Shop Manual by downloading it instantly with a single click. After completing your payment, the download link for the official Kawasaki OEM shop manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page. In addition, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.