If your garden tractor requires maintenance or repair, the John Deere 316, 318, 420 manual in downloadable PDF format is a valuable resource that will provide you with the necessary knowledge to get the job done.
Manual details, specs and technical data:
The following models are encompassed by this manual: 316, 318, 420, 300 Series, 400 Series / John Deere (Horicon, Wisconsin, USA)
John Deere 316: Serial number range is 285,001 to 999,000.
John Deere 318: Serial number range is 285,001 to 999,000.
John Deere 420: Serial number range is 010,001 to 090,000.
Engine 316: 16HP, Onan B43E, 709cc, 43.3 ci, 2-cylinder, gasoline, air-cooled horizontal-shaft opposed twin, 3.25x2.62 inches, 83 mm x 67 mm, 16 hp, 11.9 kW, foam and paper, 1350-3450.
The B43E lawn tractor was used from serial number until 1987, serial number: 420000
Engine 316: 18HP Onan P218G, 781cc, 47.7 ci, 2-cylinder, gasoline, air-cooled horizontal-shaft opposed twin, 3.25x2.88 inches, 83 x 73 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, 1350-3450, NGK BPR5EFS, Champion RS14YC.
Engine 318: 18HP Onan B43G, 709cc, 43.3 ci, 2-cylinder, gasoline, 4-valve, 3.25x2.62 inches, 83 x 67 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, foam and paper, 6.5:1, 1350-3450, JD AM38622, NGK BPR5EFS, Motorcraft AGRF32, serial number M00318X420000.
Engine 318: 18HP Onan P218, 781cc, 47.7 ci, 2-cylinder, gasoline, air-cooled, horizontal-shaft opposed twin, 3.25x2.88 inches, 83 x 73 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, 7:1, 1350-3450, 31 lb-ft, 42.0 Nm, serial number M00318X420001.
Engine 420: Onan B48G, 781 cc, 47.7 ci, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, horizontal-shaft, opposed-twin, 3.25x2.875 inches, 83 mm x 73 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW, 7.0:1.
Production year(s): 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992.
Publication number: TM1590
Manual Language: English
Manual format: PDF / e-book (zip)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Master Troubleshooting and Repairs on Your 1991 John Deere 950 420 Garden Tractor with Repairloader.com's Comprehensive Manuals"
When your John Deere 950 420 garden tractor needs fixing, don't fret! With Repairloader.com's detailed manuals, you can quickly and easily diagnose and repair any issues. The Onan B48G engine and the tractor's electrics are all covered in the comprehensive manuals.
Tech specs about the John Deere 420 garden tractor:
1. Engine: John Deere 2-cylinder gasoline engine
2. Horsepower: 14 hp (10.4 kW)
3. Transmission: 3-speed manual with reverse
4. PTO: 540 rpm
5. Lift capacity: 600 lbs
6. 3-point hitch: category 0
7. Tires: Front: 5.00-15, Rear: 11.2-28
8. Fuel tank capacity: 6 gallons
9. Weight: 1,500 lbs
10. Dimensions: 92 inches (length) x 47 inches (width) x 60 inches (height)
11. Mower deck width: 42 inches
Interesting facts and details about the John Deere 316, 318, 420 garden tractors:
- The John Deere 316, 318, and 420 garden tractors were produced from 1984 to 1992 as part of the 30 Series line of lawn and garden tractors.
- The 316 was the smallest of the three models and had a single-cylinder engine, while the 318 was the most popular and had a twin-cylinder engine, and the 420 was the largest and most powerful with a two-cylinder engine.
- All three models featured hydrostatic transmissions and were designed for residential or commercial use.
- The 318 was the first lawn and garden tractor to offer power steering as standard equipment, which made it easier to maneuver and handle.
- The 420 was designed for heavy-duty use and was commonly used for commercial applications, such as mowing large estates, golf courses, or municipal parks.
- These tractors were known for their durability, reliability, and versatility, and were praised for their ability to handle a wide range of tasks, from mowing lawns to plowing snow.
- John Deere offered a wide range of attachments and accessories for these tractors, including front-end loaders, snow blowers, tillers, and more.
- Today, these tractors are popular among collectors and enthusiasts, with many still in use on farms, estates, and golf courses around the world.
- The John Deere 316, 318, and 420 are considered some of the most iconic lawn and garden tractors ever produced and are highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts.
- Despite their age, many parts and accessories are still available for these tractors, making them relatively easy to maintain and repair.
The first step to repairing your tractor is acquiring the correct manual. With the manual in hand, you can start troubleshooting the issue using the detailed instructions on diagnosing common problems. The schematics provided in the manual can help identify any electrical issues.
The manual also includes detailed instructions on how to make the necessary repairs and a list of tools required. Remember that some repairs may require professional expertise.
Always refer to the manual when making repairs, and keep a copy handy for future reference. Don't let a broken tractor stress you out, visit Repairloader.com today to buy your comprehensive manual and get your John Deere 950 420 garden tractor running smoothly again.
Price: 24.99 USD