To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: YZ250F / Yamaha
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
2008 Yamaha YZ250F
2009 Yamaha YZ250F
2010 Yamaha YZ250F
2011 Yamaha YZ250F
2012 Yamaha YZ250F
2013 Yamaha YZ250F
Engine: 250cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 5-valve, 77mm x 53.6mm, 12.5:1
"Download the Comprehensive Repair Manual for Yamaha YZ250F: Get Expert Guidance for Engine Repair"
Are you a proud owner of a Yamaha YZ250F from the 2007-2013 model range? Look no further! This article provides you with a wealth of information about the technical specifications, interesting facts, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning suggestions, aftermarket options, and owner reviews for the Yamaha YZ250F bikes. You also have the opportunity to download a detailed shop handbook in PDF format to assist you with any repairs or maintenance tasks. Read on to discover everything you need to know about these exceptional motorcycles.
• Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC
• Displacement: 250cc
• Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
• Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
• Fuel System: Keihin FCR MX37
• Ignition System: CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
• Transmission: Constant mesh 5-speed
• Clutch: Wet, multiplate
• Frame Type: Aluminum bilateral beam
• Front Suspension: KYB Speed-Sensitive System, inverted fork; adjustable compression and rebound damping
• Rear Suspension: KYB single shock; adjustable preload, compression, and rebound damping
• Front Tire: 80/100-21
• Rear Tire: 100/90-19
• Front Brake: Hydraulic single disc, 250mm
• Rear Brake: Hydraulic single disc, 245mm
• Overall Length: 2,165mm
• Overall Width: 825mm
• Overall Height: 1,280mm
• Seat Height: 980mm
• Wheelbase: 1,480mm
• Ground Clearance: 370mm
• Fuel Capacity: 6.2 liters
• Oil Capacity: 1.2 liters
• Wet Weight: Approximately 105kg
• Maximum Power: Approximately 35 horsepower
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha YZ250F introduced the first mass-produced 250cc four-stroke motocross bike.
- It features a lightweight aluminum frame for improved agility and handling.
- The YZ250F utilizes advanced fuel injection technology for precise throttle response and optimal performance.
- Yamaha's KYB Speed-Sensitive System fork provides industry-leading suspension performance.
- The bike's engine design allows for centralized mass distribution, resulting in excellent balance and maneuverability.
- The YZ250F employs titanium valves to reduce weight and enhance engine efficiency.
- It features a high-revving engine with a broad powerband, making it suitable for various riding styles and tracks.
- The bike's compact muffler design contributes to mass centralization and improves ground clearance.
- Yamaha incorporated advanced engine management systems to enhance reliability and durability.
- The YZ250F is known for its excellent cornering abilities and nimble handling characteristics.
- The bike's ergonomics provide a comfortable riding position and control for the rider.
- Yamaha offers a range of GYTR (Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing) accessories for customization and performance enhancements.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Oil and filter change: Recommended every 10-15 hours of riding or after every race.
- Valve clearance check: Suggested every 20-30 hours of riding to maintain optimal performance.
- Air filter cleaning: Regularly clean and oil the air filter to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
- Chain maintenance: Lubricate and adjust the chain as per the manufacturer's guidelines to ensure proper tension and longevity.
- Cooling system: Check coolant levels and inspect for any leaks or radiator damage.
- Common issues may include valve clearance adjustments, carburetor tuning, and occasional electrical problems. Regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent major issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Aftermarket exhaust system: Upgrading the exhaust can improve power delivery and alter the bike's sound.
- Suspension setup: Adjusting the suspension settings to match your riding style and track conditions can greatly enhance handling.
- Performance air filter: Installing a high-flow air filter allows for increased airflow, improving engine performance.
- Sprocket changes: Modifying the sprocket sizes can affect the bike's power delivery characteristics.
- Fuel mapping: Utilize fuel management systems or remapping options to optimize the fuel-air mixture for improved performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Graphics kits and custom decals
- Skid plates and frame guards for added protection
- Upgraded handlebars and grips for personalized comfort
- Performance exhaust systems
- Suspension upgrades and aftermarket forks/shocks
- Oversized brake kits for enhanced stopping power
- Rekluse auto clutch for improved control and reduced stalling
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Excellent power delivery and strong performance
- Agile and responsive handling
- Durable and reliable engine
- Good suspension performance
- Easy maintenance and accessible components
- Some owners have reported occasional issues with starting or carburetion
- Suspension may require tuning for individual preferences
- Stock tires may not perform optimally in certain terrain conditions
Initiate the purchase of your comprehensive Yamaha YZ250F repair manual in PDF format by clicking the green button and securely buying it through RepairLoader's PayPal checkout.
Begin the process of purchasing and downloading your official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list for the YZ250F by clicking the green button. Securely buy the manual in PDF format through RepairLoader's PayPal checkout. Once your payment is complete, the download link for your detailed Yamaha YZ250F repair manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary information for an instant and secure download.