To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: DR 600 / Suzuki Motor Corporation
1985 Suzuki DR 600 Dakar
1985 Suzuki DR 600 Dakar Limited Edition
1986 Suzuki DR 600 Dakar
1986 Suzuki DR 600 Dakar Limited Edition
Engine: 590.0 cc (36.00 cubic inches), single cylinder, four-stroke, air cooled, 45.0 HP (32.8 kW) @ 6800 RPM, 150.0 km/h (93.2 mph), 9.5:1, 4 valves per cylinder, 94.0 x 85.0 mm (3.7 x 3.3 inches), Overhead Cams (OHC), 5-speed
Production/model years: 1985, 1986
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Suzuki DR 600 Off-Road Bike Repair Manual"
Are you an adventurous off-road bike enthusiast? If you own a 1985-1986 Suzuki DR 600, we have great news for you! Introducing the ultimate repair manual specifically designed for your off-road beast. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a DIY enthusiast, this downloadable manual is packed with essential information and technical guidance to keep your Suzuki DR 600 in top-notch condition. From engine specifications to common issues and their solutions, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, and compatible accessories, this manual has got you covered. Read on to discover all the details you need to maintain and upgrade your Suzuki DR 600.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Suzuki DR 600 is powered by a 595cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• It features an air-cooled system for optimal performance in off-road conditions.
• The engine has a bore and stroke of 95mm x 90mm.
• The compression ratio of the Suzuki DR 600 is 8.6:1.
• It utilizes a Mikuni BST33 carburetor for fuel delivery.
• The bike has a five-speed constant mesh transmission.
• The ignition system is CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) for reliable spark generation.
• The DR 600 comes with a kick start mechanism.
• It has a wet sump lubrication system with a capacity of 2.7 liters.
• The front suspension features telescopic forks with 250mm of travel.
• At the rear, the DR 600 is equipped with a mono-shock suspension system offering 270mm of travel.
• The bike boasts a ground clearance of 275mm for superior off-road capability.
• It has a fuel tank capacity of 10.5 liters, allowing for extended riding sessions.
• The dry weight of the Suzuki DR 600 is approximately 158 kg.
• The front wheel size is 21 inches, while the rear wheel measures 17 inches.
• The braking system includes a single disc at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
• The maximum power output is 43 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
• The bike has a maximum torque of 47 Nm at 6,000 rpm.
• The overall length of the DR 600 is 2,180mm.
• It has a seat height of 895mm, providing a commanding riding position.
Facts and Details:
- The Suzuki DR 600 was introduced in 1985 as a versatile off-road motorcycle.
- It was designed to excel in both trail riding and competition scenarios.
- The bike featured a rugged frame and suspension system, allowing it to tackle rough terrains with ease.
- The Suzuki DR 600 was known for its reliable and durable engine, capable of enduring demanding off-road conditions.
- It was praised for its lightweight construction, making it agile and maneuverable on various surfaces.
- The DR 600 came with a comfortable seat and ergonomics, ensuring long rides without discomfort.
- Suzuki incorporated a dual-sport design, enabling the bike to be registered for road use in some regions.
- The DR 600 received positive reviews for its balanced power delivery, offering ample torque and usable power across the RPM range.
- Riders appreciated the bike's ability to conquer steep inclines and navigate tight corners effortlessly.
- The Suzuki DR 600 was a popular choice for off-road enthusiasts, adventure riders, and those seeking an adrenaline-fueled experience.
- The model was well-received by the off-road community, often regarded as a reliable and robust machine.
- Suzuki enthusiasts appreciated the availability of aftermarket parts and accessories to enhance the DR 600's performance and appearance.
Maintenance and Common Issues:
► Maintenance Intervals: It is recommended to perform regular oil changes every 3,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first. Air filter cleaning or replacement should be done every 1,000 miles or as necessary. Spark plug replacement is advised every 6,000 miles. Chain tension and lubrication should be checked before each ride.
► General Maintenance Tips: Keep the air filter clean and well-oiled. Regularly inspect the chain for proper tension and lubrication. Ensure tire pressure is within the recommended range. Check all fluid levels regularly, including coolant, brake fluid, and oil.
► Common Issues and Solutions: Some common issues reported with the Suzuki DR 600 include carburetor problems, such as clogged jets or improper fuel mixture. Cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor can usually resolve these issues. Electrical issues like faulty wiring or a weak spark can be resolved by checking connections and replacing worn-out components. Regular maintenance and adherence to service intervals can help prevent major issues.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to a performance-oriented one can enhance power and throttle response.
* Installing an aftermarket air filter can improve airflow and increase engine performance.
* Suspension upgrades, such as stiffer springs or adjustable damping, can enhance off-road handling and stability.
* Rejetting the carburetor to match engine modifications can optimize fuel delivery for better performance.
* Adding handguards and a skid plate can protect the bike during off-road adventures.
* Switching to a higher-performance spark plug can improve ignition efficiency.
* Upgrading the lighting system with brighter bulbs or LED conversions can improve visibility during night rides.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments (as described in the official manual):
■ Skid plate
■ Rear luggage rack
■ LED auxiliary lights
■ High-flow air filter
■ Performance exhaust system
■ Adjustable suspension components
■ Upgraded seat
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
+ The Suzuki DR 600 is an absolute beast off-road. It handles rough terrain effortlessly and delivers power where you need it.
+ The reliability of the DR 600 is unmatched. It never let me down during long rides or competitions.
The bike's versatility allows me to switch between trails and highways with ease. It's a true dual-sport gem.
+ I love the lightweight feel of the DR 600. It's nimble and responsive, making it a joy to ride in any situation.
+ One of the downsides I've noticed is the stock suspension setup. Upgrading the suspension components greatly improved its performance.
+ Maintenance is relatively easy on the DR 600. Regular oil changes and air filter cleanings are essential, but overall it's a reliable machine.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ Carburetor cleaning or rebuilds.
→ Electrical system repairs, including wiring checks and component replacements.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements due to wear.
→ Clutch cable replacement or adjustments.
→ Brake pad replacements and brake fluid flushes.
→ Replacement of worn-out tires for optimal traction.
→ Regular oil and filter changes to maintain engine health.
→ Spark plug replacements to ensure proper ignition.
→ Replacement of damaged or worn-out suspension components.
→ Handlebar and control lever replacements due to crashes or wear.
Retrieve the comprehensive Suzuki DR 600 PDF manual by clicking on the green button. Upon completing the payment, the official Suzuki OEM shop manual/parts list for your Suzuki DR 600 will be available for download in PDF format on the checkout page. Additionally, a payment confirmation email will be sent immediately.