To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Models/ type: Sportsman 700, Sportsman 800 EFI Twin
Polaris Sportsman 700 (2005)
Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI Twin (2005)
Production/model years: 2005
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Unlock the Ultimate ATV Service: Download Your Polaris Sportsman 700, Sportsman 800 EFI Twin PDF Manual Today!"
Discover the power and versatility of the 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 and Sportsman 800 EFI Twin ATVs. Whether you're an avid off-road enthusiast or a seasoned ATV mechanic, this comprehensive PDF manual is your essential guide to maintaining and servicing these exceptional vehicles. From engine specifications and technical data to maintenance tips, common issues, tuning advice, accessories, and owner reviews, this manual has you covered. Get ready to optimize the performance of your Polaris Sportsman ATV. Download the manual now and embark on an unforgettable ATV adventure!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 is powered by a 683cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, twin-cylinder engine.
• The Sportsman 800 EFI Twin model features an 760cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, twin-cylinder engine.
• Both models utilize electronic fuel injection for precise fuel delivery and improved efficiency.
• The bore and stroke for the Sportsman 700 are 81mm x 68mm, while the Sportsman 800 EFI Twin has a bore and stroke of 85mm x 66mm.
• The compression ratio for both models is approximately 10.2:1.
• These ATVs feature an automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) for smooth power delivery.
• The Sportsman 700 has a power output of approximately 60 HP, while the Sportsman 800 EFI Twin produces around 65 HP.
• Torque ratings for the Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin are approximately 47 ft-lbs and 57 ft-lbs, respectively.
• The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin come equipped with a 4-wheel drive system for enhanced traction and control.
• These ATVs feature independent suspension with dual A-arms in the front and a progressive rate rear suspension.
• The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin models have a ground clearance of approximately 11.25 inches.
• The fuel capacity for both models is approximately 4.5 gallons (17 liters).
• The dry weight of the Sportsman 700 is around 697 lbs (316 kg), while the Sportsman 800 EFI Twin weighs approximately 769 lbs (349 kg).
• The wheelbase for both models measures approximately 50.5 inches (128 cm).
• The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes on all four wheels for optimal stopping power.
• The towing capacity for both models is approximately 1,250 lbs (567 kg).
• The rack capacity for the front and rear racks is approximately 90 lbs (41 kg) and 180 lbs (82 kg), respectively.
• The overall length of the Sportsman 700 is approximately 83.25 inches (211 cm), while the Sportsman 800 EFI Twin measures around 84.75 inches (215 cm).
• The top speed of the Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin is approximately 55-60 mph (88-96 km/h), depending on conditions and load.
Facts and Details:
- The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin ATVs are designed for rugged off-road adventures, offering exceptional performance and versatility.
- Both models feature Polaris' Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system, which ensures optimal fuel delivery for reliable starting and consistent performance.
- The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin are known for their smooth power delivery and ample torque, making them suitable for a wide range of terrains and tasks.
- These ATVs come with Polaris' On-Demand True AWD system, which automatically engages all four wheels when additional traction is needed.
- The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin feature comfortable seating and rider-friendly ergonomics, allowing for long rides without fatigue.
- Polaris equipped these models with large front and rear cargo racks, providing ample storage space for gear and supplies.
- The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin offer excellent ground clearance, allowing riders to navigate challenging obstacles and rough terrain.
- These ATVs come with durable suspension components and heavy-duty shocks, delivering a smooth and controlled ride over varying terrain.
- Maintenance intervals for the Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin include regular oil changes, air filter cleaning or replacement, and periodic belt inspection.
- General maintenance tips include keeping the ATV clean, checking tire pressure, and inspecting the brakes regularly.
- Common issues with these ATVs can include clogged fuel injectors, electrical system glitches, and drive belt wear. Solutions involve proper diagnosis and replacement of faulty parts.
- Popular tuning tips and modifications for the Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin include installing aftermarket exhaust systems, performance air filters, and ECU tuners for increased power and throttle response.
- Available accessories and aftermarket options for the 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin include winches, snow plows, gun scabbards, storage boxes, and upgraded lighting options.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the strengths and weaknesses:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the powerful engines and smooth power delivery of the Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin, making them suitable for a variety of tasks and terrains.
☺ Strengths: The excellent off-road capabilities, including the true AWD system, high ground clearance, and durable suspension, are often praised by owners.
☺ Strengths: The Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI Twin provide comfortable rides even on rough terrain, thanks to their ergonomic design and quality suspension components.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners have reported occasional electrical issues, such as faulty wiring or sensor malfunctions.
☻ Weaknesses: A few owners have mentioned that the stock tires could be upgraded for improved traction in certain conditions.
Repairs frequently required:
→ Fuel injector cleaning or replacement may be necessary if the engine experiences fuel delivery issues.
→ Regular belt inspections and replacements are crucial to ensure proper power transmission.
→ Electrical system troubleshooting and repairs may be needed to address intermittent issues or faulty wiring.
→ Suspension components, such as bushings and shocks, may require replacement due to wear or damage.
→ Regular maintenance of the air filter is important to prevent dust and debris from entering the engine.
→ Brake system maintenance, including brake pad replacements and brake fluid flushes, should be performed as recommended.
→ Routine oil changes and fluid checks are essential to maintain optimal engine performance.
→ CVT belt replacement is a common repair as the belt can wear out over time.
→ Throttle cable adjustments or replacements may be necessary if the throttle becomes stiff or unresponsive.
→ Regular inspection and greasing of steering components, such as tie rods and ball joints, are recommended to prevent premature wear.
→ Cooling system maintenance, including radiator cleaning and coolant replacement, is essential to prevent overheating.
Download the comprehensive Polaris service manual by clicking the button below. Access the detailed Polaris service manual by clicking the download button. Once your payment is complete, you'll find the official Polaris OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.