To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: Super 550 / Oliver Farm Equipment Company (Charles City, Iowa, USA)
Oliver Super 550 - 1958 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1959 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1960 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1961 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1962 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1963 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1964 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1965 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1966 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1967 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1968 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1969 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1970 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1971 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1972 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1973 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1974 Model
Oliver Super 550 - 1975 Model
Engine: Oliver, gasoline, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 155 ci, 2.5 L, 3.62x3.75 inches, 92 x 95 mm, 7.75:1.
Engine: Oliver, diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 155 ci, 2.5 L, 3.625x3.75 inches, 16:1
Production years: 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968,1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Solve Your Farming Woes: Download the Essential Oliver Super 550 Manual and Parts List to Address Issues!"
The Oliver Super 550, produced between 1958 and 1975, stands as a beacon of durability and reliability in the domain of utility tractors. It became synonymous with robust performance and resilience, aiding farmers in various agricultural activities. However, owning a piece of history necessitates meticulous attention to its maintenance, understanding its specifications, and addressing issues that may arise during its operation. This comprehensive manual and parts list serve as a crucial resource for owners, providing insights, solutions, and a wealth of knowledge to ensure the optimal functioning of the Oliver Super 550, making it an invaluable asset for anyone looking to prolong the life of this iconic tractor.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Oliver Super 550 was powered by a 3.3L 6-cylinder gasoline engine.
• It featured a liquid-cooled system to prevent overheating.
• The fuel tank had a capacity of 17 gallons, allowing extended operation periods.
• It employed a 6-volt electrical system and battery.
• The tractor featured a 5-speed transmission system.
• It boasted a rear power take-off (PTO) to operate various attachments.
• The drawbar provided 44 horsepower.
• The Oliver Super 550 had a 4x2 2WD chassis.
• It had a manual steering system for precise control.
• The hydraulic system was capable of a 2,450 psi pressure.
• It had a rear lift of 3,150 lbs, aiding in versatile operations.
• The dry disc brakes provided reliable stopping power.
• The tractor weighed around 4,075 lbs.
• Its wheelbase measured 84.5 inches, offering stability.
• The front tires were 5.50-16, and the rear tires were 13.6-38.
• The engine's compression ratio was 7.45:1.
• The Super 550 could reach a forward speed of 13.9 mph.
• The Oliver Super 550 was equipped with differential mechanical disc brakes.
• The engine oil capacity was 7 quarts.
• It featured a torque amplifier for enhanced pulling power.
• The engine produced 58 horsepower at the drawbar.
• It had a gear type hydraulic pump.
• The hydraulic system had a fluid capacity of 12 gallons.
• The coolant system had a fluid capacity of 16 quarts.
• The Super 550 featured differential mechanical expanding shoe brakes.
• It had an oil bath air cleaner for improved engine protection.
• The tractor had a live rear PTO, employing two clutches.
• It had a power-adjusted rear wheel for easy modifications.
• The bore/stroke measurement was 3.375x3.60 inches.
• It had a 3-point hitch with a rear Type II attachment.
• The tractor had six forward and one reverse gear.
• The Oliver Super 550 had an operational weight of 4,450 lbs.
• The total length of the tractor was 133 inches.
• It had a width of 81 inches.
• The height, up to the steering wheel, was 63 inches.
Facts and Details:
- The Oliver Super 550 was manufactured by Oliver Farm Equipment Company.
- It was produced from 1958 to 1975, catering to the needs of the agricultural sector.
- This model was a utility tractor, designed to perform a variety of tasks around the farm.
- It was known for its durability and reliability in various farming operations.
- The tractor featured a robust 6-cylinder gasoline engine.
- It had manual steering, offering precise control to the operator.
- The Super 550 was equipped with a live rear PTO, allowing it to operate different attachments.
- The model had a versatile 3-point hitch for various attachments.
- It was lauded for its high ground clearance, aiding in navigating uneven terrains.
- The tractor had a notable forward speed of 13.9 mph.
- It had a 5-speed transmission system for varying operational needs.
- The model had a 6-volt electrical system and battery.
- It featured differential mechanical disc brakes for reliable stopping.
- The Super 550 had a gear type hydraulic pump.
- The operational weight of the tractor was around 4,450 lbs.
Maintenance Intervals and Tips:
Regular maintenance is crucial for the longevity and optimal performance of the Oliver Super 550. The engine oil should be changed every 100 hours of operation, and the air filter should be checked and cleaned regularly. The hydraulic fluid and coolant levels should be monitored and topped up as necessary. Additionally, it is crucial to lubricate the moving parts frequently to prevent premature wear.
Common Issues and Solutions:
► Overheating: Overheating can be resolved by maintaining proper coolant levels and ensuring the radiator is free of blockages and leaks.
► Starting Issues: Regular battery maintenance and ensuring clean fuel can address starting problems.
► Hydraulic Failures: Regularly inspecting hydraulic lines for leaks and maintaining proper fluid levels can prevent hydraulic failures.
► Brake Failures: Regular inspection and adjustment of brakes can prevent failures and ensure reliable stopping power.
► Wear and Tear: Regular inspections for signs of wear and tear, and timely replacement of worn-out parts, can prevent breakdowns.
* Regular Oil Changes: Ensure to change the engine oil every 100 hours of operation or at least once a year.
* Air Filter Maintenance: Regularly clean and, if necessary, replace the air filter to maintain engine efficiency.
* Brake Inspection: Regularly inspect and adjust the brakes to maintain stopping reliability.
* Fluid Levels: Regularly check and maintain the proper levels of hydraulic fluid and coolant.
* Regular Lubrication: Frequently lubricate all moving parts to prevent premature wear and ensure smooth operation.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Engine Tuning: Regular engine tuning can enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
■ Tire Upgrades: Upgrading to high-quality tires can improve traction and durability.
■ Suspension Upgrades: Enhancing the suspension can improve the ride quality and handling.
■ Seat Replacement: Installing a comfortable seat can make long hours of operation more bearable.
■ LED Light Installation: Installing LED lights can provide better visibility in low-light conditions.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments:
+ Front Loader: Useful for moving materials around the farm.
+ Rear Blade: Essential for smoothing and leveling the ground.
+ Box Scraper: Ideal for landscaping and road maintenance.
+ Mower Deck: Useful for maintaining grass and lawn areas.
+ Rotary Tiller: Essential for preparing the soil for planting.
+ Plow: Used for breaking and turning the soil.
+ Disc Harrow: Essential for soil preparation and weed control.
+ Cultivator: Useful for soil aeration and weed control.
+ Snow Blower: Useful for removing snow in winter conditions.
+ Canopy: Provides shade and protection to the operator.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Owners generally appreciate the Oliver Super 550 for its durability, reliability, and versatility in performing various farming tasks. The robust engine and high ground clearance are particularly praised, aiding in navigating through diverse terrains. However, some users have reported difficulties in sourcing replacement parts due to the age of the model. The manual steering system, while offering precision, can be tiring during extended periods of operation. Nonetheless, the overall consensus leans towards satisfaction with the performance and resilience of the Oliver Super 550, making it a valued asset in agricultural settings.
The Oliver Super 550, produced between 1958 and 1975, is a timeless utility tractor known for its reliability, durability, and versatility in agricultural operations. Its robust 6-cylinder gasoline engine, high ground clearance, and manual steering system make it a preferred choice for diverse farming tasks. While sourcing replacement parts can be challenging due to its age, the tractor's resilience and performance have earned it favorable reviews from owners. The manual and parts list are invaluable resources, offering insights and solutions to maintain the tractor in optimal condition, making it a worthwhile investment for anyone looking to experience the enduring legacy of the Oliver Super 550.
Frequent Repairs and Part Replacements:
→ Oil changes and lubrication
→ Air filter replacements
→ Battery maintenance or replacement
→ Radiator cleaning and coolant top-ups
→ Hydraulic line inspections and fluid level checks
→ Brake adjustments and replacements
→ Replacing worn-out tires
→ Transmission inspections and repairs
→ Steering system adjustments and lubrication
→ Replacement of worn belts
→ Fuel system cleaning and maintenance
→ Replacing worn or damaged seats
→ Light replacements
→ PTO clutch adjustments or replacements
→ Gearbox oil changes
To acquire the Oliver Farm Equipment Company manual in PDF form, initiate the purchase by clicking on the designated button.
Upon completing your payment, the download link for the authentic Oliver Farm Equipment Company shop manual/parts list will be presented on the confirmation page, and a swift email confirmation of your payment will be dispatched to your inbox.