To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: CBR1100, CBR1100 XX FI / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird (1998-2008)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird FI (1998-2008)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird EFI (1998-2008)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS (2000-2007)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS FI (2000-2007)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS EFI (2000-2007)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Titanium Edition (2001)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Special Edition (2002)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Black Edition (2003)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Fireblade Edition (2004)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Special Edition II (2005)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS Black Edition (2006)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS Titanium Edition (2007)
Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird ABS Special Edition (2008)
Production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Manual Language: English
"Download the Service Manual for the Ultimate Sport Touring Bike - Honda CBR1100, CBR1100 XX FI"
Discover the ultimate sport touring bike with the Honda CBR1100, CBR1100 XX FI. This exceptional motorcycle model was produced between 1998 and 2008, offering riders an exhilarating combination of power, comfort, and style. To assist you in maintaining and optimizing this remarkable machine, we provide a detailed list of engine specs, technical specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning tips, accessories, owner reviews, and more. Read on to explore the fascinating world of the Honda CBR1100, CBR1100 XX FI.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The bike is equipped with a 1,137cc, liquid-cooled, four-cylinder engine.
• The engine features fuel injection (FI) for improved performance and fuel efficiency.
• It has a bore and stroke of 79mm x 58mm, contributing to its powerful performance.
• The CBR1100 XX FI utilizes a six-speed manual transmission for smooth shifting.
• The bike employs a dual overhead cam (DOHC) configuration for precise valve control.
• With an electronic ignition system, starting the engine is effortless and reliable.
• The compression ratio is 11.0:1, ensuring optimal power delivery across the RPM range.
• The front suspension consists of telescopic forks, offering excellent stability and control.
• At the rear, the CBR1100 XX FI features a Pro-Link single shock suspension system.
• It has a fuel capacity of 23 liters, allowing for extended rides without frequent refueling.
• The bike is equipped with dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake for reliable stopping power.
• The wheelbase measures 1,515mm, providing a stable and comfortable riding experience.
• The front tire size is 120/70-ZR17, while the rear tire size is 180/55-ZR17.
• The bike's dimensions are 2,180mm in length, 720mm in width, and 1,135mm in height.
• It has a wet weight of approximately 255kg, ensuring a solid and substantial feel on the road.
• The CBR1100 XX FI boasts a top speed of around 170 mph, making it one of the fastest sport touring bikes.
• It comes with a spacious and comfortable two-up seating arrangement, ideal for long-distance rides.
• The bike features an advanced aerodynamic fairing design, reducing wind resistance.
• It has a large, easy-to-read instrument cluster that includes a speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge.
• The CBR1100 XX FI is available in various color options, including black, silver, and red.
Facts and Details:
- The CBR1100 XX FI was nicknamed the "Blackbird" due to its sleek and aerodynamic design.
- It held the title of the world's fastest production motorcycle upon its release in 1997.
- The bike's fuel injection system ensures precise fuel delivery for optimal performance.
- Its dual exhaust system not only enhances the bike's appearance but also produces a deep and satisfying exhaust note.
- The CBR1100 XX FI features a comfortable riding position with a slightly forward-leaning posture.
- The bike's large fairing provides excellent wind protection, reducing rider fatigue on long rides.
- It comes with a spacious under-seat storage compartment, allowing riders to carry essential items securely.
- The CBR1100 XX FI offers a smooth and refined ride, thanks to its advanced suspension system.
- Honda incorporated a linked braking system (LBS) on some models, improving braking performance and stability.
- The bike's design underwent minor changes throughout its production years, including updates to the fairing and graphics.
- Many riders appreciate the bike's reliability and longevity, with some models reaching high mileage without major issues.
- The CBR1100 XX FI has garnered a dedicated and passionate fan base worldwide, forming a strong community of enthusiasts.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
* Regular maintenance intervals include oil changes every 3,000 to 4,000 miles, or as recommended in the owner's manual.
* It is crucial to inspect and adjust the valve clearance according to the manufacturer's specifications.
* Spark plugs should be replaced approximately every 12,000 miles or as indicated by their condition.
* Air filters must be inspected and cleaned or replaced if necessary to maintain proper engine performance.
* Checking and adjusting the chain tension is vital to ensure smooth power delivery and prevent premature wear.
* Brake pads should be inspected regularly and replaced when the thickness is nearing the manufacturer's limit.
* Common issues may include electrical problems, such as a malfunctioning charging system or faulty wiring connections.
* Another known issue is the occasional failure of the fuel pump, resulting in starting difficulties or engine stalling.
* Some riders have reported issues with the throttle position sensor, leading to erratic throttle response.
* Regularly checking the coolant level and ensuring proper cooling system function is important for preventing overheating.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Installing a high-flow air filter and matching it with a performance exhaust system can enhance the bike's power delivery.
Upgrading to a Power Commander or other fuel management system allows for precise fuel tuning and optimization.
Fitting aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable shocks or fork cartridges, can improve the bike's handling characteristics.
Upgrading the brake pads to high-performance options can enhance braking performance and feel.
Replacing the stock sprockets with different tooth counts can adjust the bike's gearing for better acceleration or top speed.
Adding a windscreen spoiler or taller windscreen can further improve wind protection for touring purposes.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Hard or soft luggage options, including saddlebags and top cases, are available to increase storage capacity.
Aftermarket exhaust systems from renowned brands like Akrapovič or Yoshimura offer improved performance and a distinct sound.
Comfort accessories like heated grips and gel seats can enhance rider comfort during long rides.
Additional lighting options, such as auxiliary LED lights or upgraded headlight bulbs, improve visibility for night riding.
Various windscreen options, including taller or tinted screens, allow riders to customize wind protection to their preferences.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: The Honda CBR1100 XX FI is praised for its exceptional power, comfortable riding position, and long-distance touring capabilities.
Strengths: Riders appreciate the bike's stability at high speeds, making it a fantastic choice for sport touring enthusiasts.
Weaknesses: Some owners have mentioned that the bike's weight can make it slightly challenging to maneuver at low speeds or in tight spaces.
Weaknesses: The CBR1100 XX FI's fairing design, while excellent for wind protection, can make maintenance tasks more time-consuming.
Frequently Repaired Components:
► Electrical system components, such as connectors and wiring, may require repairs due to wear or corrosion over time.
► The fuel pump assembly might need attention or replacement if starting or fuel delivery issues arise.
► Brake pads and discs can wear out over time and require periodic replacement.
► Suspension components, including fork seals and shock absorbers, may need servicing or replacement due to wear or leakage.
To access the comprehensive shop handbook, simply click the green button to download the detailed PDF manual. You can make the purchase securely via PayPal on RepairLoader. Upon completing your payment, you will find the official Honda OEM shop manual/parts list download link on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information to ensure a seamless experience.