To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: S2000/ Honda Motor Company
2000-2003 Honda S2000 Base
2004-2008 Honda S2000 Base
2008 Honda S2000 CR
Production year(s): 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Dominate Sports Car Repairs: Download Your 2000-2008 Honda S2000 Workshop Manual Now!"
The Honda S2000, produced from 2000 to 2008, is a thrilling sports car that expertly marries power, style, and control. To equip you with the knowledge necessary to maintain and repair your S2000, we have compiled a comprehensive workshop manual. Download it now to master your vehicle's specifics and nurture your DIY skills.
• The S2000 is powered by a 2.0L F20C I4 engine (2000-2003) and 2.2L F22C1 I4 engine (2004-2008).
• The 2.0L engine delivers 240 horsepower at 8300 rpm, and the 2.2L engine offers 237 horsepower at 7800 rpm.
• The maximum torque is 153 lb-ft at 7500 rpm for the 2.0L engine and 162 lb-ft at 6500 rpm for the 2.2L engine.
• The S2000 features a 6-speed manual transmission.
• Both engines employ a DOHC VTEC system.
• The car's length is 162.2 inches, width is 68.9 inches, and height is 50.6 inches.
• It has a wheelbase of 94.5 inches.
• The vehicle employs disc brakes on both the front and rear.
• It features a rear-wheel-drive system.
• The car offers a fuel tank capacity of 13.2 gallons.
• The curb weight of the S2000 is approximately 2809 lbs.
• The S2000 is fitted with double wishbone suspension both in the front and rear.
• It has a turning diameter of 35.4 feet.
• The S2000 comes with a limited-slip differential.
• It features electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering.
• The vehicle offers a power-to-weight ratio of 11.7 lb/hp.
• It comes equipped with a drive-by-wire throttle system.
• The S2000 has a drag coefficient of 0.32.
• The car offers an X-bone frame structure for increased rigidity.
• The car is equipped with 16-inch alloy wheels.
• It features dual airbags, ABS, and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) for enhanced safety.
• The S2000 is fitted with a high-performance cooling system to manage heat during high-speed driving.
• The car has a high redline of 9000 rpm (for the 2.0L engine).
• The S2000 is a two-seater sports car.
• The vehicle features a power retractable soft-top for open-air driving.
Facts and Details:
- The S2000 was introduced in 1999 to celebrate Honda's 50th anniversary.
- The car was named for its engine displacement of 2 liters, following the tradition of the S500, S600, and S800 roadsters.
- The S2000 has a perfect 50:50 weight distribution.
- It had the highest output per liter of any naturally-aspirated production engine when it was launched.
- The car was designed with an X-bone frame, which provided high rigidity and safety.
- The S2000 was initially sold only in right-hand-drive format in Japan.
- The car came standard with an electronic top and leather seats in the U.S., features that were optional in other countries.
- The S2000's F20C engine won International Engine of the Year in 2000.
- From 2004 onwards, the engine displacement was increased to 2.2L for the U.S. market to provide better mid-range power.
- The Club Racer (CR) variant, introduced in 2008, was a track-focused version with stiffer suspension, quicker steering, and aerodynamic upgrades.
- Despite its performance-oriented design, the S2000 is known for its reliability and durability.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, Common Issues, and Their Solutions:
Honda recommends servicing the S2000 every 5,000 miles or at least twice a year. This should include oil and filter changes, brake and tire checks, and coolant and other fluid level inspections.
Common issues with the S2000 include soft-top wear and tear and synchro wear in the transmission. Regular maintenance of the top and timely transmission oil changes can help prevent these issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Popular modifications for the Honda S2000 include installing a high-flow air intake and exhaust system for improved performance, coilovers for improved handling, and a supercharger or turbocharger for increased power.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
High-performance brake kits
Cold air intake systems
Performance exhaust systems
Carbon fiber hoods
Supercharger or turbocharger kits
High-flow fuel injectors
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Strengths and Weaknesses of these Sports Cars:
Owners often praise the S2000 for its high-revving engine, balanced handling, and engaging driving experience. The car's reliability and build quality are also commonly lauded. However, some owners have mentioned that the car lacks low-end torque and can be challenging to drive at the limit.
Frequent Repairs Needed on This Vehicle:
Soft top replacement or repair
Synchro replacement or repair
Brake pad and rotor replacement
Regular oil changes
Click 'Buy Now' in the RepairLoader marketplace to kickstart the download of your detailed Honda troubleshooting manual in PDF format, ensuring a secure transaction through PayPal.
Once your payment has been successfully processed, your Honda OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be made available on the checkout page. Expect an immediate email with all the download specifics following a secure payment.