Empower yourself to handle maintenance tasks on your compact car: Buy the comprehensive PDF version of the original Subaru Impreza shop handbook now.
Manual details and specs:
Production year(s): 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
This manual applies to the following models: Impreza / Subaru Corporation
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Fix and Optimize Your Ride: Download the Subaru Impreza Repair Manual Now!"
Are you a proud owner of a 1993-1998 Subaru Impreza looking for detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning options, accessories, and more? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we provide you with valuable information to help you maintain, repair, and customize your Subaru Impreza. Get ready to unlock the full potential of your beloved vehicle!
• The 1993-1998 Subaru Impreza offers engine options including:
- 1.6-liter inline-4 engine producing approximately 95 to 115 horsepower and 93 to 97 lb-ft of torque.
- 1.8-liter inline-4 engine generating around 110 to 123 horsepower and 114 to 116 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0-liter inline-4 engine delivering approximately 208 to 276 horsepower and 214 to 253 lb-ft of torque (in high-performance variants).
• The Impreza features all-wheel drive, providing enhanced traction and stability.
• Transmission options include a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
• The vehicle's dimensions include a length of approximately 170-173 inches, a width of 66-67 inches, and a height of 56-57 inches.
• The Impreza has a wheelbase ranging from approximately 99 to 103 inches, contributing to stability and interior space.
• It features front disc brakes and rear drum brakes or optional rear disc brakes, offering reliable stopping power.
• The Impreza's suspension consists of MacPherson struts at the front and a multi-link rear suspension, providing a balance between comfort and handling.
• Safety features include optional ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), dual airbags, and optional side-impact airbags.
Facts and Details:
- The Subaru Impreza gained popularity for its rally-inspired performance and success in motorsports, particularly in the World Rally Championship.
- It is known for its iconic "boxer" engine layout, which contributes to a lower center of gravity and improved handling characteristics.
- The Impreza introduced the high-performance WRX and WRX STI variants, renowned for their turbocharged engines and aggressive styling.
- It is often praised for its all-wheel drive system, offering exceptional traction in various weather and road conditions.
- The Impreza received positive reviews for its nimble handling, precise steering, and overall fun-to-drive nature.
- Some models of the Impreza feature a versatile hatchback body style, providing ample cargo space and practicality.
- It offers a comfortable and well-appointed interior, with options for sporty features like bucket seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- The Impreza's robust construction and durable drivetrain components contribute to its reputation for reliability and longevity.
- It gained recognition for its high safety ratings and standard all-wheel drive, providing additional peace of mind for owners.
- The Impreza's aftermarket support is extensive, with a wide range of performance upgrades and accessories available for customization.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for regular servicing, including oil changes, filter replacements, and fluid checks.
- Inspect and replace worn-out brake pads and rotors to ensure optimal braking performance.
- Keep the tires properly inflated and rotate them regularly to promote even wear and extend their lifespan.
- Check the coolant levels and radiator condition periodically to prevent overheating.
- Regularly inspect the belts and hoses for signs of wear or deterioration and replace them as needed.
- Keep the exterior clean and protected from harsh weather conditions to prevent paint damage and corrosion.
- Address any warning lights or unusual noises promptly by consulting a qualified mechanic.
- Regularly clean and lubricate door hinges and locks to ensure smooth operation.
- Stay up-to-date with recalls and technical service bulletins issued by Subaru for any potential issues or updates related to your Impreza.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Head Gasket Failure: Some Subaru Impreza models from this era may experience head gasket failure, leading to coolant leaks or engine overheating. Regular cooling system maintenance and proper maintenance of the head gasket can help prevent this issue.
Suspension Noise: The Impreza's suspension components, such as bushings and struts, may wear out over time, resulting in noise or reduced handling performance. Regular inspections and timely replacement of worn-out parts can help address these issues.
Rust: Subarus from this era are known for potential rust issues, particularly in regions with harsh winters or high humidity. Regular washing, waxing, and addressing any paint chips or scratches can help prevent rust formation.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Performance Exhaust System: Upgrading to a performance exhaust system can enhance engine sound, improve exhaust flow, and potentially increase horsepower.
Suspension Upgrades: Installing aftermarket coilovers or sway bars can improve handling and reduce body roll, enhancing overall performance.
Cold Air Intake: Upgrading to a cold air intake system can increase airflow to the engine, potentially improving horsepower and throttle response.
Engine Tuning: ECU remapping or installing a piggyback tuning module can optimize the engine's performance and unleash additional power.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Alloy Wheels: Enhance the Impreza's appearance and performance with a variety of aftermarket alloy wheel options.
Exterior Styling: Customize the exterior with accessories like front splitters, rear spoilers, and side skirts for a more aggressive and personalized look.
Interior Upgrades: Upgrade the interior with accessories such as seat covers, floor mats, and a sport steering wheel for added comfort and style.
Performance Brakes: Upgrade to high-performance brake pads, rotors, and calipers for improved stopping power and reduced brake fade.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: Owners appreciate the Impreza's all-wheel drive system, precise handling, and performance capabilities. It is often praised for its reliability and versatility.
Weaknesses: Some owners mention that the interior materials and build quality could be improved. Additionally, the fuel efficiency of high-performance variants may be lower compared to standard models.
Overall, the Impreza is regarded as a fun-to-drive compact car with excellent all-weather capabilities. It appeals to those seeking a combination of practicality, performance, and reliability.
To purchase your Subaru Impreza repair manual in PDF format, simply visit www.repairloader.com and securely complete the payment process using PayPal or a credit card. Initiate the download by clicking on the provided button.
After completing your secure payment via PayPal or credit card, the official Subaru OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly send you an email with all the necessary download information for instant access after a secure transaction.
Price: 18.99 USD