To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Take charge of your off-road or supermoto motorcycle maintenance with the genuine Aprilia SXV 450, SXV 550, RXV 450, RXV 550 manual in PDF format, readily available for download, and become proficient in maintaining and repairing your four-stroke, v-twin machine.
Production year(s): 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
The following models are encompassed by this manual: SXV, RXV, 450, 550 / Aprilia
2006-2010 Aprilia SXV 450
Serial Numbers: ZD4VPC10X6S000001 to ZD4VPC10XAS000999
2006-2010 Aprilia SXV 550
Serial Numbers: ZD4VPC20X6S000001 to ZD4VPC20XAS000999
2006-2010 Aprilia RXV 450
Serial Numbers: ZD4VPE10X6S000001 to ZD4VPE10XAS000999
2006-2010 Aprilia RXV 550
Serial Numbers: ZD4VPE20X6S000001 to ZD4VPE20XAS000999
Engine: twin-cylinder 77° v-twin dry sump water-cooled four-stroke
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Unlock Your Aprilia's Potential: Download the Comprehensive Repair Manual for the 2006-2010 SXV and RXV Models"
Are you looking for a detailed and complete guide to the 2006-2010 Aprilia SXV 450, SXV 550, RXV 450, and RXV 550 models? You've come to the right place. In this repair manual, we will provide you with in-depth information on engine specs, technical specifications, maintenance intervals, and general maintenance tips. We'll also share popular tuning tips, modifications, and aftermarket options, as well as owner reviews and opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of these remarkable vehicles.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The SXV and RXV models were produced between 2006 and 2010.
• The SXV 450 and RXV 450 featured a 449 cc V-twin engine.
• The SXV 550 and RXV 550 were powered by a 549 cc V-twin engine.
• Both engine types were liquid-cooled.
• The engines featured dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder.
• The SXV 450 had a bore and stroke of 76 mm x 49.5 mm.
• The SXV 550's bore and stroke measured 80 mm x 55 mm.
• Both models used a dry-sump lubrication system.
• The SXV and RXV series employed a Dell'Orto electronic fuel injection system.
• A five-speed gearbox was standard for both models.
• The motorcycles featured a hydraulic clutch.
• The SXV 450 produced approximately 60 horsepower.
• The SXV 550 generated around 70 horsepower.
• Both models used a chain for the final drive.
• The SXV and RXV models had a steel and aluminum twin-spar frame.
• A fully adjustable Marzocchi inverted fork provided front suspension.
• The rear suspension consisted of a fully adjustable Sachs shock.
• The motorcycles used a 320 mm disc brake with a radial-mount caliper for the front brake.
• The rear brake was a 240 mm disc with a single-piston caliper.
• The SXV and RXV models were equipped with a 21-inch front wheel.
• The rear wheel measured 18 inches for the RXV models and 17 inches for the SXV models.
• The fuel tank capacity was 7.8 liters (2.06 gallons) for the SXV models and 8.5 liters (2.25 gallons) for the RXV models.
• The seat height was 958 mm (37.7 inches) for the SXV models and 963 mm (37.9 inches) for the RXV models.
• The wet weight of the SXV 450 was 117 kg (258 lbs) and 118 kg (260 lbs) for the SXV 550.
• The RXV 450 weighed 122 kg (269 lbs) wet, while the RXV 550 weighed 123 kg (271 lbs).
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The SXV and RXV models were Aprilia's first V-twin off-road motorcycles.
- The SXV series was designed for supermoto racing, while the RXV series was intended for enduro competition.
- In 2006, the SXV 450 won the S1 World Supermoto Championship in its debut season.
- The unique V-twin engine configuration allowed for a more compact and centralized mass.
- The engines were designed in collaboration with Austrian company Rotax.
- The SXV and RXV models featured advanced electronics
- The SXV and RXV models featured advanced electronics, including programmable engine management and data logging capabilities.
- The motorcycles were known for their distinctive and aggressive styling, featuring sharp lines and bold graphics.
- The Aprilia SXV and RXV models were praised for their handling, power delivery, and lightweight construction.
- Aprilia discontinued the SXV and RXV series in 2010, making them sought-after collector's items among enthusiasts.
- The innovative V-twin engine and advanced technology in these motorcycles continue to inspire modern off-road and supermoto designs.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
- Change the engine oil and oil filter every 3,000 miles or six months.
- Replace the air filter every 6,000 miles or annually.
- Inspect and adjust the valve clearance every 6,000 miles.
- Replace the spark plugs every 12,000 miles or every two years.
- Check the brake fluid level and condition every 6,000 miles or annually.
- Replace the coolant every 24,000 miles or every four years.
- Inspect and lubricate the drive chain every 500 miles or monthly.
Common Issues and Their Solutions:
- Overheating: Ensure proper coolant levels and replace the radiator fan if necessary.
- Stalling or poor performance: Clean or replace the fuel injectors and inspect the fuel pump.
- Electrical issues: Check the wiring harness for damage or corrosion and replace the voltage regulator if required.
- Leaking fork seals: Replace the fork seals and inspect the fork tubes for damage or wear.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrade the exhaust system to improve performance and sound.
- Install an aftermarket air filter for increased airflow and engine efficiency.
- Update the suspension with stiffer springs or re-valve the forks and shock for better handling.
- Replace the stock brake pads with high-performance alternatives for improved braking performance.
- Upgrade the fuel injection system with a custom ECU tune for optimized engine performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Skid plates and engine guards for added protection.
- Handguards and bark busters to shield hands and levers.
- Aftermarket seats for improved comfort and ergonomics.
- Radiator guards and braces to protect the cooling system.
- Oversized footpegs for better grip and control.
- Luggage racks and soft luggage options for storage.
- Lighting upgrades, such as LED headlight bulbs and auxiliary lights.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: Owners of the Aprilia SXV and RXV models praise their lightweight construction, potent V-twin engines, and exceptional handling. The motorcycles' distinctive styling and advanced technology also make them stand out from the competition.
Weaknesses: Some common complaints include the relatively high cost of maintenance, limited availability of replacement parts, and occasional reliability issues. The bikes' aggressive power delivery may also make them less suitable for inexperienced riders.
The 2006-2010 Aprilia SXV 450, SXV 550, RXV 450, and RXV 550 models are renowned for their lightweight construction, powerful V-twin engines, and excellent handling. These bikes are appreciated by enthusiasts for their distinctive styling and advanced technology. By following the maintenance guidelines and addressing common issues, owners can keep their motorcycles in peak condition.
For those looking to enhance the performance and style of their Aprilia SXV or RXV models, numerous tuning tips, modifications, and aftermarket options are available. These can range from exhaust system upgrades and suspension improvements to custom seats and luggage solutions.
By understanding the history, technical specifications, and strengths and weaknesses of these models, current and prospective owners can make informed decisions about their motorcycle ownership and maintenance. With proper care and attention, these Aprilia models will continue to offer a thrilling and unique riding experience for years to come.
To buy your fix-it PDF for the Aprilia SXV and RXV models, click on the green button. Complete your transaction securely with PayPal or a credit card.
Following the completion of your payment for the Aprilia service manual and parts list, the download link will be displayed on the checkout page. We will also promptly send you an email containing all necessary download information, ensuring a hassle-free experience immediately after your secure payment.